RCP moves Minnesota to 'toss up' 😳

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
This is not an election thread...it's a politics thread.

What can a politician do when two of his constituencies are pitted against one another?

I remember the 1984 election...Minnesota was the only state in the Union that went to Michael Dukakis. Today RCP has moved it into the 'Toss Up' category.

In counterpoint to this news that the Islamic-American vote in Minnesota is collapsing... Prime Minister Netanyahu released this video accusing Biden of halting the arms shipments to Israel.

Two of Biden's core constituencies can't both be mollified.

IMO Biden isn't running the show...but for the sake of argument, let's say that he is.

How can he rectify this situation?

How can a president juggle reelection vs. doing the right thing?

Is there a mechanism that we can adopt that makes it easier to make the right decision vs. the politically expedient one?

Trump won't win...Minnesnowta -the seven county metro in particular- has refined election cheating to a fine art.
I wonder if it's not just not so subtle message to Biden. I doubt that the Islamic American voting bloc in MN would believe President Trump would be more likely to act on their behalf when it comes to Israel.

And that brings it back to the original question.

When a president has to choose between doing the right thing and the politically expedient thing necessary to secure reelection.

It seems like a glitch in our political process.

And ftr...while I believe the 'right' thing is to support Israel...even if you believe the 'right' thing is to demand a cease fire...the same problem rears it's head.

Now the president has affronted Jewish supporters of Israel.

What can a politician do when two of his constituencies are pitted against one another?

I remember the 1984 election...Minnesota was the only state in the Union that went to Michael Dukakis. Today RCP has moved it into the 'Toss Up' category.

In counterpoint to this news that the Islamic-American vote in Minnesota is collapsing... Prime Minister Netanyahu released this video accusing Biden of halting the arms shipments to Israel.

IMO Biden isn't running the show...but for the sake of argument, let's say that he is.

Is there a mechanism that we can adopt that makes it easier to make the right decision vs. the politically expedient one?

Biden is halting aid to Israel, our ally, while beefing up the aid to Ukraine, who isn’t, but who paid his druggie son $1 million a year.

Biden is halting aid to Israel, our ally, while beefing up the aid to Ukraine, who isn’t, but who paid his druggie son $1 million a year.
This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Biden, being a politician, may not have core principles.

He has traditionally supported Israel...but that could have been a political triangulation to secure votes as well.

But let's assume has a predilection to support Israel...but a political need to secure the Islamic American votes in Michigan and Minnesota?

You're right back to the same conundrum. Doing the right thing versus doing what is required to secure re-election.

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Biden, being a politician, may not have core principles.

He has traditionally supported Israel...but that could have been a political triangulation to secure votes as well.

But let's assume has a predilection to support Israel...but a political need to secure the Islamic American votes in Michigan and Minnesota?

You're right back to the same conundrum. Doing the right thing versus doing what is required to secure re-election.
Biden is choosing to do what is required to secure re-election, even if it means throwing Israel under the bus and allowing antisemitism to run rampant.

Beyond that, he is being influenced by the pro-Muslim Obama.

Bibi the war criminal is trying to score points for Trump. He wants him to win because he'll have Trump wrapped around his finger as Trump is too stupid to understand the intricacies of Middle East foreign policy & conflicts.

Biden is choosing to do what is required to secure re-election, even if it means throwing Israel under the bus and allowing antisemitism to run rampant.

Beyond that, he is being influenced by the pro-Muslim Obama.
That's my read as well.

But I can't really figure a way to keep this from happening in the future.

Bibi the war criminal is trying to score points for Trump. He wants him to win because he'll have Trump wrapped around his finger as Trump is too stupid to understand the intricacies of Middle East foreign policy & conflicts.
I don't agree. But for the sake of argument, let's say you are correct.

Prime Minister Netanyahu has manipulated the scenario to pit two core constituencies against each other to the detriment of Biden's second term aspiration.

The issue remains the same.

Biden can't please all sides.

Now what?

Slick move by the left. Move the argument about Netanyahu instead of a brain dead president.
It's Minnesota...the most consistently democrat devoted state in the Union. Maybe it's Biden's incompetence that's moving the needle in Minnesota.

It could be my historical bias that leads me to believe something else is at work.

You could be correct.

I did see a Des Moines Register poll earlier this week that had Trump up by 18. Iowa makes up the entire southern border on Minnesota.

Minnesota doesn't like Biden's capitulation to genocider Netanyahu.

He's basically his bitch at this point.

This is why the state that was once true blue is now a "toss up."

He needs to snap out of it and start putting the screws to that Israeli yahoo.

Minnesota doesn't like Biden's capitulation to genocider Netanyahu.

He's basically his bitch at this point.

This is why the state that was once true blue is now a "toss up."

He needs to snap out of it and start putting the screws to that Israeli yahoo.
Even if he wanted to, he can't.

Trump's within 8 of Biden in New York...within 6 in polls including all the candidates.

Even making foreign policy decisions from a politically expedient perspective, better to lose 10 ev from MN than 29 or whatever from NY.

1000002173.png

In 2020 Biden was up in NY by 30 points.

When two of your own constituencies clash, there is no go answers.

Forum List

Back