REAGAN the movie

Stryder50

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2021
Lynden, WA, USA
Edited content of an email I've sent out.

This sort of slipped in under my radar and it might have done the same for you.
Ronald Reagan is considered by many as one of our best Presidents and this biopic looks to do a fairly good job of portraying the man who played a major role shaping our world today.
I'm not certain when, which showing I'm going to at the Barkley theaters, but the extra warm weather gives added incentive to an afternoon in AC, catching what looks to be an enjoyable and informative movie.
Some links to the trailer and reviews, etc. Note that while the critics aren't rating this well, to be expected by their predictable political leanings, the audience reviews are in the 4-5 star range mostly.

Reagan (2024) ⭐ 6.2 | Biography, Drama, History

Reagan (2024)
Reagan: Directed by Sean McNamara. With Dennis Quaid, Mena Suvari, C. Thomas Howell, Penelope Ann Miller. A drama based on the life of Ronald Reagan, from his childhood to his time in the oval office.
www.imdb.com
Reagan (2024) Movie Tickets & Showtimes Near You
Buy Reagan (2024) tickets and view showtimes at a theater near you. Earn double rewards when you purchase a ticket with Fandango today.
www.fandango.com

Reagan (2024)
Reagan: Directed by Sean McNamara. With Dennis Quaid, Mena Suvari, C. Thomas Howell, Penelope Ann Miller. A drama based on the life of Ronald Reagan, from his childhood to his time in the oval office.
www.imdb.com
'Rotten Tomates predicatable;
Critics Consensus
While Reagan the movie undoubtedly admires Reagan the man, its cloying and glossy rendering of history flattens the 40th U.S. President into caricature.
yet also in the link this;

Synopsis

From dusty small-town roots, to the glitter of Hollywood, and then on to commanding the world stage, REAGAN is a cinematic journey of overcoming the odds. Told through the voice of Viktor Petrovich, a former KGB agent whose life becomes inextricably linked with Ronald Reagan's when Reagan first caught the Soviets' attention as an actor in Hollywood, this film offers a perspective as unique as it is captivating. Dennis Quaid brings to life a story that transcends the boundaries of a traditional biopic, offering a profound exploration of the enduring impact of the power of one man who overcame the odds, sustained by the love of a woman who supported him in his journey.
Reagan (2024) | Rotten Tomatoes
Everything You Need to Know About Reagan Movie (2024): Jul. 8, 2024 - changed the status of Ralph Winter to Current - Movie Insider
Everything You Need to Know About Reagan Movie (2024): Jul. 8, 2024 - changed the status of Ralph Winter to Current - Movie Insider
Reagan in US theaters August 30, 2024 starring Jon Voight, Dennis Quaid, David Henrie, Penelope Ann Miller. From dusty small-town roots, to the glitter of Hollywood, and then on to commanding the world stage, REAGAN is a cinematic journey of overco
Given it's from the LA Times, predictable Leftist twist, but worth a read to see what sensitive issues the move touchs from the other side of the political divide.
Review: A worshipful biopic of the 40th president, 'Reagan' is historical hooey — and a slog too
Review: A worshipful biopic of the 40th president, 'Reagan' is historical hooey — and a slog too
There’s political idolatry, and then there’s the canonization in movie's clothing that is Sean McNamara’s faith-tinged bio-epic “Reagan,” starring Dennis Quaid as the 40th president.
www.latimes.com
Anyway, I've most often enjoyed the films the critics don't, but then don't have their slanted view of reality.

So, submitted for your consideration and I'd encourage share this opportunity with you friends and contacts list. It appears to have a short timeline/limited engagement at the theaters.
I'll likely go tomorrow to see it. Back with a personal view afterwards.

Edited content of an email I've sent out.

This sort of slipped in under my radar and it might have done the same for you.
Ronald Reagan is considered by many as one of our best Presidents and this biopic looks to do a fairly good job of portraying the man who played a major role shaping our world today.
I'm not certain when, which showing I'm going to at the Barkley theaters, but the extra warm weather gives added incentive to an afternoon in AC, catching what looks to be an enjoyable and informative movie.
Some links to the trailer and reviews, etc. Note that while the critics aren't rating this well, to be expected by their predictable political leanings, the audience reviews are in the 4-5 star range mostly.

Reagan (2024)
www.imdb.com
Buy Reagan (2024) tickets and view showtimes at a theater near you. Earn double rewards when you purchase a ticket with Fandango today.
www.fandango.com

Reagan (2024)
www.imdb.com
'Rotten Tomates predicatable;
Critics Consensus
While Reagan the movie undoubtedly admires Reagan the man, its cloying and glossy rendering of history flattens the 40th U.S. President into caricature.
yet also in the link this;

Synopsis

From dusty small-town roots, to the glitter of Hollywood, and then on to commanding the world stage, REAGAN is a cinematic journey of overcoming the odds. Told through the voice of Viktor Petrovich, a former KGB agent whose life becomes inextricably linked with Ronald Reagan's when Reagan first caught the Soviets' attention as an actor in Hollywood, this film offers a perspective as unique as it is captivating. Dennis Quaid brings to life a story that transcends the boundaries of a traditional biopic, offering a profound exploration of the enduring impact of the power of one man who overcame the odds, sustained by the love of a woman who supported him in his journey.
Reagan (2024) | Rotten Tomatoes
Reagan in US theaters August 30, 2024 starring Jon Voight, Dennis Quaid, David Henrie, Penelope Ann Miller. From dusty small-town roots, to the glitter of Hollywood, and then on to commanding the world stage, REAGAN is a cinematic journey of overco
Given it's from the LA Times, predictable Leftist twist, but worth a read to see what sensitive issues the move touchs from the other side of the political divide.
There’s political idolatry, and then there’s the canonization in movie's clothing that is Sean McNamara’s faith-tinged bio-epic “Reagan,” starring Dennis Quaid as the 40th president.
www.latimes.com
Anyway, I've most often enjoyed the films the critics don't, but then don't have their slanted view of reality.

So, submitted for your consideration and I'd encourage share this opportunity with you friends and contacts list. It appears to have a short timeline/limited engagement at the theaters.
I'll likely go tomorrow to see it. Back with a personal view afterwards.
Ronald Reagan gave the united states it's very best president with every other president correctly examined.

Forum List

Back