Reasons Why Hillary Clinton Will Not Be The Democratic Nominee for President

His struggle to garner the "way right's support" is what took his positions from moderate to way right.

But that only makes his position to the right superficial. You could argue that Bush was "way right" in 2000, but the man is not way right NOW by any means.

McCain will either lose the election and go back to center, or he'll WIN the election, and still go back to center.

But that only makes his position to the right superficial. You could argue that Bush was "way right" in 2000, but the man is not way right NOW by any means.

McCain will either lose the election and go back to center, or he'll WIN the election, and still go back to center.

I don't think so... because now he owes the far right...especially if they put him over the top. Just my opinion, but I don't think he's going to reneg.

I'm not sure the far right is going to do much to help him anyway. He'll get votes, only because the far right doesn't want a liberal dem elected, but not because they like him.

It's been the center independents that have carried McCain so far.

If he starts campaigning on stem cells, abortion, and gay marriage in the general, then maybe we'll have something to talk about in regards to McCain and the far right.

It's the social issues that seperate the right from the far right, as far as I'm concerned. I lean right, but economically. Socially, I'm pretty liberal. I don't care who marries who, and I certainly don't think the federal government is entitled to so much as a whisper about it, let alone legislating it.

And I agree with stem cell reseach. I'd like to see better ways, but raising embryos for the purpose of saving someone's life is not "cloning" or "killing babies" in my book, it's medical advancement for humanity.

I'm not sure the far right is going to do much to help him anyway. He'll get votes, only because the far right doesn't want a liberal dem elected, but not because they like him.

It's been the center independents that have carried McCain so far.

If he starts campaigning on stem cells, abortion, and gay marriage in the general, then maybe we'll have something to talk about in regards to McCain and the far right.

It's the social issues that seperate the right from the far right, as far as I'm concerned. I lean right, but economically. Socially, I'm pretty liberal. I don't care who marries who, and I certainly don't think the federal government is entitled to so much as a whisper about it, let alone legislating it.

And I agree with stem cell reseach. I'd like to see better ways, but raising embryos for the purpose of saving someone's life is not "cloning" or "killing babies" in my book, it's medical advancement for humanity.

I didn't mind McCain so much when he was a real independent. Now I don't know what he is. I don't even know if HE knows what he is.

He's already started campaigning on the abortion issue. I don't know if you saw Hardball last week, but it was pretty awful.

I'm with you on social issues. But I find that most true libertarians and dems are in sync on those social issues. They part company when it comes to certain types of social spending.

I'm told at some point there may be better possibilities than stem cells. And I look forward to that. But in the meantime, I'm with you on the issue.... and on marriage...and on what people do in the privacy of their own homes....

I didn't mind McCain so much when he was a real independent. Now I don't know what he is. I don't even know if HE knows what he is.

He's already started campaigning on the abortion issue. I don't know if you saw Hardball last week, but it was pretty awful.

I'm with you on social issues. But I find that most true libertarians and dems are in sync on those social issues. They part company when it comes to certain types of social spending.

I'm told at some point there may be better possibilities than stem cells. And I look forward to that. But in the meantime, I'm with you on the issue.... and on marriage...and on what people do in the privacy of their own homes....

Well, I don't agree with spending at the federal level. It should be left to the states to fund their own research. I just don't think the feds should be able to tell them they can't. The far right does though, and that's where extremes to either side cause conflict.

While I don't agree with homosexuality, I don't hate on it. A gay person still has the same constitutional rights as I do. I definitely think the commercialization of homosexuality has deteriorated our society on some level, but the beauty of this country, so to speak, is that they have that right. It's not the fault of gays, or the fault of advertisers, or TV channels as much as it's the fault of parents for not adapting to changes in social structure and educating their children properly.

There are too many people having children these days that have no business being parents. I think in reality, THAT is what is breaking down society more than anything else. SHITTY PARENTING.

But I digress, as this is getting off topic.

I disagree. She's nowhere near the center. McCain would be the closest to the center.

Hillary has just used her time in the Senate to try and edge her way towards the center -- a tactice that worked successfully for Bill.

Then, compared to Obama, who ISN'T closer to the center?

No, he has now become bush's lapdog to garner neocons votes. It makes me want to hurl.

Hillary isn't a leftest. She's actually the most center of the three current candidates.

Hillary is not center, but an extreme right wing fascist.
She supported the war on drugs, 3 strikes, the federal crime bill that incarcerated millions, the invasion of Iraq, the Arab spring, the assassination of Qaddafi, the war in Syria, and she even wanted to nuke Iran.
Gun control is not something any leftist could ever support.

She supported the war on drugs, 3 strikes, the federal crime bill that incarcerated millions, the invasion of Iraq, the Arab spring, the assassination of Qaddafi, the war in Syria, and she even wanted to nuke Iran.
That's an interesting necro. 13 years. I didn't think the database still went that far back.

Wow.

13 years.

I think you just won the internet with that. Nice work...

New Topics

Forum List

Back