Remember when San Francisco was...

Clean and White that is good, but what to do with non-White population? Back in ghettos?

YES, I do.

It was in about 1955 that we took the train from Los Angeles to San Francisco.

The city was so clean, orderly, and peaceful.

We stayed at a hotel on top of one of its hills.

We visited the famous zoo.

We visited the developing airport.

We had dinner in its famous Chinatown.

I do not think we rode its famous cable cars.

We did not for one minute think about crime, a subject that people in the 1950s did not even discuss.

I miss the 1950s because it was our last peaceful decade. And, of course, because I was young.

What has happened to Frisco makes me very sad, but I realize that a similar tragedy has struck every other large American city since the 1960s.

That's how the cookie crumbles.

Ain't nothing we can do about it.

San Francisco has always had a mixed race population. Until the post war frenzy of music and love it was like most other large metropolitan areas. Chicago, was an area with suits and shined shoes until the meat packers left in the late 50's. San Francisco birthed the love generation and it was great in the Haight Ashbury area. No suits or shoes.

Liberalism has ruined Frisco and it's doing the same to every other city that liberals govern.

White and asian people turned san fran into what it is now.

I remember San Francisco in the early 60s. It was a magical place called Bagdad by the Bay. There was not a lot of crime. The city was clean and fun. There was a real nightclub district with shows, plays, speakers and singers. Satirists like Lenny Bruce and George Carlin was there to make fun of it all. It was mostly a military town. Navy week was a long citywide celebration.

We lost something important when San Francisco fell into squalor. Something we may never get back.

The biggest cause is that the mental institutions were shut down by Saint Ronnie the Ray Goon.
That is not true. The movement to shut down psyche hospitals started with JFK. It took a couple of decades to shut them all down. There was always questions of how patients were treated although they were improved dramatically in the later decades. The fact is, it is not cheap to house them. Do we house them or keep them out in the streets?

Forum List

Back