Zone1 Remember When Western Civilization Was Based On Judeo-Christianity?

Yes. But Judaism and Christianity are completely different. Judaism is ethnocentric whereas Christianity is universalist. Judaism had a unitary god and no son. Christianity has a triune god with a son. Forgiveness from sins in Judaism is accomplished by sacrificing animals with particular rituals. Forgiveness from sins in Christianity comes from a one-time god-man sacrifice. Judaism has strict codes with regards to food, clothing, and behavior. Christianity tossed them out. Different values, different beliefs, different rituals, different god. There is no such thing as a Judeo-Christian.

No. They based the Constitution on Enlightenment ideas. Most were indeed Christians, but many were Deists or Universalists. How many of them sacrificed animals for forgiveness of sins or other ritual purposes?

The existence of Islam has nothing to do with the existence, or rather the non-existence, of Judeo-Christianity.

I guess you never read the Bible.

The Old Testament laws remain in effect…as per Matthew 5:18, the eighteenth verse of the fifth chapter of the Gospel of Matthew in the New Testament and is part of the Sermon on the Mount. Jesus has just reported that he came not to destroy the law, but fulfil it. In this verse this claim is reinforced.

Matthew 5:17–18 is a key text for interpreting the Sermon on the Mount and the entire gospel of Matthew:

Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

Here Jesus says that not one iota (jot) or dot (tittle) will pass away from the law. These most likely refer to the smallest strokes of the Hebrew alphabet, indicating that the Old Testament is completely trustworthy, even to the smallest detail. This is consistent with Jesus’ attitude elsewhere. Never do we find Jesus disagreeing with Scripture.

Yes. But Judaism and Christianity are completely different. Judaism is ethnocentric whereas Christianity is universalist. Judaism had a unitary god and no son. Christianity has a triune god with a son. Forgiveness from sins in Judaism is accomplished by sacrificing animals with particular rituals. Forgiveness from sins in Christianity comes from a one-time god-man sacrifice. Judaism has strict codes with regards to food, clothing, and behavior. Christianity tossed them out. Different values, different beliefs, different rituals, different god. There is no such thing as a Judeo-Christian.

No. They based the Constitution on Enlightenment ideas. Most were indeed Christians, but many were Deists or Universalists. How many of them sacrificed animals for forgiveness of sins or other ritual purposes?

The existence of Islam has nothing to do with the existence, or rather the non-existence, of Judeo-Christianity.
I am always surprised when ignorant and uneducated folks like you post only to be embarrassed.

Here is an example of the Founders basing America on the Bible:

The founders were deeply religious. They believed that they were the new Hebrews.
Judeo-Christian. The Old and New Testament folks.
Stop being a dunce.

Everything the Left tells you is a lie.

“The Founders of this country had a reason for favoring the Jewish people, due to their attachment to the Bible, and because the Founders saw themselves as descendants of the People of the Book.

“Rather than just tolerate the Jews as another religious minority, America’s Founding Fathers were profoundly inspired by Jewish ideas, …. understanding liberty not as an individual license for each of us to pursue his or her bliss but as a collective commitment to a greater good under the watchful eyes of God.” In American Jewish History, a Key to Future Greatness

None of the Founders was a deist. All believed in a God who took an interest in us, and our country.

“Benjamin Franklin’s proposals for a Great Seal featuring not an eagle but Moses and the Israelites crossing the Red Sea.”
1637870738043.png

First Committee's Design for America's Great Seal - 1776

Clearly, the current Democrat Party, rife with anti-Semitism is an aberration, and not in accordance with the America as it was founded.

I guess you never read the Bible.

The Old Testament laws remain in effect…as per Matthew 5:18, the eighteenth verse of the fifth chapter of the Gospel of Matthew in the New Testament and is part of the Sermon on the Mount. Jesus has just reported that he came not to destroy the law, but fulfil it. In this verse this claim is reinforced.

Matthew 5:17–18 is a key text for interpreting the Sermon on the Mount and the entire gospel of Matthew:

Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

Here Jesus says that not one iota (jot) or dot (tittle) will pass away from the law. These most likely refer to the smallest strokes of the Hebrew alphabet, indicating that the Old Testament is completely trustworthy, even to the smallest detail. This is consistent with Jesus’ attitude elsewhere. Never do we find Jesus disagreeing with Scripture.
And yet Christians have completely tossed out the dietary laws, laws about working on the sabbath, all Jewish religious rituals, the law against making graven images, etc. You might want to reread the Bible.

And yet Christians have completely tossed out the dietary laws, laws about working on the sabbath, all Jewish religious rituals, the law against making graven images, etc. You might want to reread the Bible.

Which of the two texts is based on the Ten Commandments?

Which is more significant, the Ten Commandments or dietary laws?

Judeo-Christian.

The basis of America and of Western Civilization.

Certainly not the slightest bit to do with Islam.

I am always surprised when ignorant and uneducated folks like you post only to be embarrassed.

Here is an example of the Founders basing America on the Bible:

The founders were deeply religious. They believed that they were the new Hebrews.
Judeo-Christian. The Old and New Testament folks.
Stop being a dunce.
That's a claim, not an example.

Everything the Left tells you is a lie.

Then it's a good thing that I don't outsource my thinking to the Left.
None of the Founders was a deist. All believed in a God who took an interest in us, and our country.
George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Ethan Allen, and Thomas Paine were all Deists.

“Benjamin Franklin’s proposals for a Great Seal featuring not an eagle but Moses and the Israelites crossing the Red Sea.”
1637870738043.png

First Committee's Design for America's Great Seal - 1776
Hitler also publicly promoted Christianity even though he wasn't a Christian. Like Franklin he knew that most of the citizens were Christians.

Clearly, the current Democrat Party, rife with anti-Semitism is an aberration, and not in accordance with the America as it was founded.

Which has nothing to do with what we're talking about. Nothing in the Constitution says that citizenship requires Jewish or Christian beliefs.

Treaty of Tripoli, signed in 1796, Article 11:

"As the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion,-as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion or tranquility of Musselmen,-and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."

Avalon Project - The Barbary Treaties 1786-1816 - Treaty of Peace and Friendship, Signed at Tripoli November 4, 1796

Psittacine species, parrots, have a brain to body ration equal to that of chimpanzees.
As such, parrots are the smartest of all birds with the cognitive capacity of a five-year-old child.

Don’t you wish that that could be said of you?
P C continues to show how poorly she was home schooled.

Which of the two texts is based on the Ten Commandments?
The Old Testament has the 10 Commandments. They aren't found in the New Testament.
Which is more significant, the Ten Commandments or dietary laws?

All commandments are significant.
Judeo-Christian.

The basis of America and of Western Civilization.

Nope. There's nothing in the Constitution that's based Christianity except the date.

Certainly not the slightest bit to do with Islam.
Which is completely irrelevant.

Ethan Allen may have been an atheist.

Adams was an universalist, Jefferson a deist, Franklin a polydeist, and so forth.

"A Prominent Symbol Of Islam Is Suddenly Flying Across The Nation​

1. The traditional five-point American star is being erased and replaced with the eight-point Islamic symbol in what some people believe is a threat to national security and a cultural coup d’etat.
View attachment 1017274

2. Flags in the United States historically display only five-point stars, a tradition dating back to the Betsy Ross flag of 1776.
The American flag, with its 50 five-point stars, is ranked number one as the most recognizable in the world. The Star-Spangled-Banner isn’t merely a symbol of American courage and indefatigable spirit, it is what America represents— freedom. The flag’s 50 stars represent the 50 states and 13 stripes represent the original thirteen colonies that rebelled against the British crown and became the first states in the Union.

3. Eight-point stars hold equal meaning in Islamic culture, tracing its importance first to Babylonian culture and then to scripture.
Per the Quran, verse 69:17, on the Day of Judgement: “On that Day eight ˹mighty angels˺ will bear the Throne of your Lord above them.

4. American cities and states have suddenly approved flags with the eight-point Islamic star in recent years. The same symbol appears on proposed flags in other cities and states across the country."

5. " 17 cities & states’ individual flags have made prominent the 8 point Islamic symbol. This is NO coincidence & is a CULTURAL COUP D’ÉTAT."

View attachment 1017280

Reported. This belongs on the crackpot sub forum.

Did the Germans rise up against the Nazis, the party they voted into power? Did the Russians rise up against Lenin or Stalin? I wonder how much they side with Hamas and Hezbollah or do they just see them as their only counter to Israel?
Does it matter. The youth have grown up being brainwashed by Hamas and Hezbollah. No wonder China, Iran and Russia helped get Biden elected. Trump had things changing around both regions.

The Old Testament has the 10 Commandments. They aren't found in the New Testament.

All commandments are significant.

Nope. There's nothing in the Constitution that's based Christianity except the date.

Which is completely irrelevant.
You just keep evincing ignorance.

AI Overview
Learn more…Opens in new tab

Yes, Christians believe in the Ten Commandments as important rules that guide how they live their lives. The Ten Commandments are also known as the Decalogue, which comes from the Ancient Greek word dekálogos meaning "ten words".

The Iran Nuclear Agreement Myth vs. Fact

Committee on Foreign Affairs (.gov)
https://foreignaffairs.house.gov › files › 04_HFAC -...

benefits—President Obama has assured that Iran will have an internationally recognized capability to quickly produce enough material for multiple nuclear ...

The Facts The President offers a false choice between this agreement or war. Even a supporter of the deal testifiedin front of the Committee that “I wouldn't say that if you are opposed to this deal that somehow leads towar. I think that's false.” As the President has said himself throughout these negotiations, “no deal is better than a bad deal.” Thisis a bad deal. Congress should reject it. But that doesn’t mean war. It means rolling-up our sleeves, turning-up the economic pressure on theregime and its supporters, and negotiating a better agreement that advances the national security interestsof the United States, our allies and partners. Those opposed to this agreement aren’t opposed to diplomacy – we are against bad diplomacy.
Since your link has no date I have to assume it was written shortly after the agreement was signed. Again this is an assessment based on assumptions and predictions, not on historical fact.

"Iran's progress toward a nuclear weapon has been halted for the term of the agreement and since January 2016, the IAEA has verified six times that Iran is abiding by the JCPOA's terms." That is a quote, not from a partisan source but by the Australians.

Lying Scum

Short and pity, and an accurate description chisled on your gravestone.
I have an even pithier one for you: 5th Column.

Does it matter. The youth have grown up being brainwashed by Hamas and Hezbollah.
Or you have. Here is a bit of history. The radical Israeli right-wing joined forces with Netanyaho to govern Israel. One of their members, I forget his name, was tasked with running the security of the West Bank at a time when Palestinians and (illegal) Israeli settlers were at each other's throats. He issued an order that if any Palestinian called his security forces asking for help, they were to be ignored.

No wonder China, Iran and Russia helped get Biden elected. Trump had things changing around both regions.
None of that is true. Isn't there a commandment about false testimony?

That's a claim, not an example.

Then it's a good thing that I don't outsource my thinking to the Left.

George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Ethan Allen, and Thomas Paine were all Deists.

Hitler also publicly promoted Christianity even though he wasn't a Christian. Like Franklin he knew that most of the citizens were Christians.

Which has nothing to do with what we're talking about. Nothing in the Constitution says that citizenship requires Jewish or Christian beliefs.

Treaty of Tripoli, signed in 1796, Article 11:

"As the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion,-as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion or tranquility of Musselmen,-and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."

Avalon Project - The Barbary Treaties 1786-1816 - Treaty of Peace and Friendship, Signed at Tripoli November 4, 1796
First you claimed that the Bible and Quran could be combined.

Then you denied that old and new testament were based on the Ten Commandments.

Then ignored that the Founders used both Old and New as guidance.

I even produeced Jesus as my witness, and you still ranted "is not, is not."

I've seen posters like you before, like a dog with a bone no matter how you have been schooled.

Time for you to take a walk.

Forum List

Back