REPUBLICAN, but not conservative logic....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bass v 2.0

Biblical Warrior For God.
Jun 16, 2008
Pennsylvania
"If I become an anti-masker and refuse to wear a mask I am showing and proving to America that I don't want the economy shut down because of serious disease, even if I become infected and put others at risk of being sick."

"If I mask up, I'm sending the message that I want to shut down the economy and jobs."

:rofl:

8Ball.jpg

"If I become an anti-masker and refuse to wear a mask I am showing and proving to America that I don't want the economy shut down because of serious disease, even if I become infected and put others at risk of being sick."

"If I mask up, I'm sending the message that I want to shut down the economy and jobs."

Coronavirus Fact-Check #6: Does wearing a mask do anything? Governments around the world are enforcing facial coverings to prevent SARS-Cov-2 infection, but does the science support their use?

EYZu2Q2X0AA9A9x-800x800.jpg

" . . . And as recently as last week, Dr April Baller of World Health Organization said:

“If you do not have any respiratory symptoms such as fever, cough or runny nose, you do not need to wear a mask,”
The common counter-argument to this point is that masks don’t prevent you from getting sick, but rather prevent you from spreading it if you’re infected.

However that is disputed by a paper published just last month, but based on research conducted in late 2019 (before the Covid outbreak),
which found that [my emphasis]:

Disposable medical masks are loose-fitting devices that were designed to be worn by medical personnel to protect accidental contamination of patient wounds, and to protect the wearer against splashes or sprays of bodily fluids. There is limited evidence for their effectiveness in preventing influenza virus transmission either when worn by the infected person for source control or when worn by uninfected persons to reduce exposure. Our systematic review found no significant effect of face masks on transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza.

In fact, not only is there substantial evidence masks will not prevent you getting sick, there is some evidence they could actually be counter-productive.

A trial of cloth masks in 2015 found that:

Moisture retention, reuse of cloth masks and poor filtration may result in an increased risk of infection.
There’s also the issue of other possible complications, such as hypercapnia, an excess of carbon dioxide in the blood caused by re-breathing your own expelled air. It’s also been shown that mask use can exacerbate chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD) and perhaps other respiratory issues. There’s also the question of possible psychological harm.

The benefits of mask-wearing are, at best, unproven. The dangers, unknown. You wouldn’t expect this simple scientific question to be in any way controversial.

And yet…

In April, physicist Denis Rancourt published a research review on ResearchGate.com entitled “Masks Don’t Work: A review of science relevant to COVID-19 social policy”.

After receiving over 400,000 views, it was summarily removed for “spreading information that could cause harm”.

Clearly the establishment really wants us to wear masks. What’s less clear is why."

You seem to be quoting someone but who the hell is it?

I also notice Republicans like to rely on out of date research.

From March:

1601964326267.png

From June:

1601964584725.png

In other words; 'How dare you all keep on living while I am preparing to die under the Red Menace!'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back