Republicans repetedly keep blacks from voting

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have been found buy the court to continue these activities.

Now go get the court documents that proove like you claim that the dems do it too.

No... what I read was that the ruling was based on intervenor lawsuits. Any Tom, Dick or TruthDoesn'tMatter can file a lawsuit. The court ruled that as long as these lawsuits keep coming about (proven or not) the Consent Decree stands against the RNC. In effect, the court told the DNC that as long as they go out and convince people to file frivolous lawsuits the decree will stand.

What I don't understand is why the court would let the DNC off. Those agreements were good agreements. Seems to me like the court gave the DNC a punched ticket to commit those violations.

Immie

Where in the court document does it say what you claim Immie?

Why are you lying

Which claim?

That the DNC was released from the consent decree? I believe you have been highlighting that fact for 24 hours at least. You want me to go back and find your posts for that? I will if you like.

Immie

No... what I read was that the ruling was based on intervenor lawsuits. Any Tom, Dick or TruthDoesn'tMatter can file a lawsuit. The court ruled that as long as these lawsuits keep coming about (proven or not) the Consent Decree stands against the RNC. In effect,the court told the DNC that as long as they go out and convince people to file frivolous lawsuits the decree will stand.

What I don't understand is why the court would let the DNC off. Those agreements were good agreements. Seems to me like the court gave the DNC a punched ticket to commit those violations.

Immie

Why are you lying

Which claim?

That the DNC was released from the consent decree? I believe you have been highlighting that fact for 24 hours at least. You want me to go back and find your posts for that? I will if you like.

Immie

You have claimed that the dems did this too and that the court told the dems to file frivolous law suits

Now go get the court documents that proove like you claim that the dems do it too.

No... what I read was that the ruling was based on intervenor lawsuits. Any Tom, Dick or TruthDoesn'tMatter can file a lawsuit. The court ruled that as long as these lawsuits keep coming about (proven or not) the Consent Decree stands against the RNC. In effect, the court told the DNC that as long as they go out and convince people to file frivolous lawsuits the decree will stand.

Immie

Why are you lying

Here you go liar!

D.N.J.: Republican National Committee Still Bound by Consent Decree Prohibiting Voter Suppression — NSCLC Website

"The RNC argued that the increase in minority turnout and an African-American President and Attorney General made the decree’s voter protections unnecessary.The court found these arguments entirely “inapposite” to the analysis. The relevant inquiry was whether the RNC had to be restrained from further vote suppression , not whether or not the Department of Justice would enforce the VRA . As minority voters continued to manifest a marked aversion to the GOP, the court found the RNC’s incentive to suppress their vote had not been lessened. The court also found no election law rendered the terms of the decree illegal or unnecessary and no law had led to an increase in voter fraud whose incidence could only be prevented by modifying the decree."

"While finding no evidence in support of vacating or significantly modifying the decree, the court did find that unforeseen unworkability allowed for a small change.Due to multiple allegations of voter suppression, the RNC has found itself defending intervenor lawsuits to enforce the decree. As theDNC does not face similar lawsuits , in the interest of equity the court changed the decree so only the DNC could seek to enforce it . The court also recognized that the requirement for the RNC to seek 20 day pre-clearance approval of any new “ballot security” tactics does not allow it to monitor new voter registrations in the few states that have adopted registration deadlines within 20 days of elections. The term was changed to a 10 day pre-clearance requirement. In response to the complaint that the decree’s prohibition on voter intimidation at the polls was too vague, the definition of this tactic was clarified.Finally, in the hope that the RNC might change its behavior toward minority voters in the future, the court added a contingent termination date to the decree of eight years. If the decree is violated again, the deadline will be extended."

The RNC has been determined by the court to have repetedly violated the decree.

That means they have repetedly acted to violate the rights of minority voters.

I know you people dont really care that your party violates the rigths of Americans (especially when they are not white).

You instead insist that because they did not have to admitt guilt for the original crimes everything is just fine.

I'll even put out the pertinent part of the post to make it easy for you:

As theDNC does not face similar lawsuits , in the interest of equity the court changed the decree so only the DNC could seek to enforce it .

Now, the way I read that is that the DNC has been released from the agreement, meaning that they have been given a punched ticket to participate in the underhanded dealings that they allege the RNC participated in.

A legal person on site may have a better understanding of that, but what I see is that the court has released the DNC from that agreement allowing them to cheat.

Immie

Read Charles_Main's reply to this ridiculous question.

No one is claiming the court document is lying. We are pointing out that you are lying about what it says. Repeatedly lying about it.

Immie

Immie me saying they are guilty of these crimes is perfectly true and you know it.

Now would you please document your claim that the democrats are guilty of this behavior too?

What are you a frigging NAZI? Do you know what INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY MEANS?under the courts yes, I can say they are guilty of this activity and there is no lie there.I am allowed to virew them as guilty under the burden of facts, you are also free to excuse anything they do to apease your poltical views. My assesment is just far more logical than yours

It is people like you that made me afraid of the Patriot Act. I knew some jackass that automatically hated people that did not agree with them would someday find their way into the White House and when that day happens anyone that disagrees with them will be guilty without a GOSH DARN TRIAL!

It is people like you that are unamerican!

Innocent until proven guilty. Read up on it!

Immie

They did these things and the evidence is overwhelming.

You want them free to do it again?

Annie did it for me.

Immie

Immie taht is not court documentation now is it.

Its a newsmax opinion piece and a google search.

I gave you court documented evidence and a court finding determining that the RNC BROKE the consent decree by trying to eleiminate voters again.

I do not have the time, desire or knowledge of how to hunt up frivolous lawsuits just to prove that a moron who thinks that her beloved Democratic Party is full of frigging saints who would do nothing wrong whatsoever, knowing full well that even if I could find such documents that it would take a frigging confession from the lips of President Obama himself before she would open her mind to the possibility that the Democrats are not gods.

And we all know that confession is not coming from President Obama.

Immie

DEMOCRATS SUE TO END PROGRAM TO LIMIT MINORITY VOTING - The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights

Why do you pretend it was the only thing in eveidence in the case?

"Court Proceedings

While the RNC admits that letters were sent only to traditionally Democratic precincts , the Committee contended in court that the program was not racially motivated and did not target a specific gender, age or race. Accusations that a racial motive was involved in the plan's implementation were somewhat substantiated on Friday, October 24, when U.S. District Court Judge Dickinson R. Debevoise allowed release of a memorandum by Kris Wolfe, RNC Midwest political. director. In the August 13 memorandum to Lanny Griffith, RNC's southern political director, Ms. Wolfe explicitly stated "I would guess that this program will eliminate at least 60-80,000 folks from the rolls... If it is a close race. .. which I am assuming it is, this could keep the black vote down considerably." Ms. Wolfe also revealed in testimony that she had discussed the "ballot security" program at length with officials involved in the Louisiana Senate campaign of Rep. Henson Moore (R) in his race against Rep. John Breaux (D). The "ballot sec urity" program has also been alleged to be connected with other like campaigns, particularly those in Indiana's 8th and Michigan's 6th congressional districts. In close races, the minority vote can determine the outcome of the election."

Who are you talking to?

I never said any such thing. By the way, that is just another opinion piece about the same piece of evidence that we have been discussing. It is not a "new piece" of evidence.

Immie

Why are you lying

Which claim?

Immie

You have claimed that the dems did this too and that the court told the dems to file frivolous law suits

You are a frigging liar!

I did not say that. I said that the courts gave them a punched ticket to do so.

Go ahead and keep proving that Truth Doesn't Matter to you.

Immie

Immie me saying they are guilty of these crimes is perfectly true and you know it.

Now would you please document your claim that the democrats are guilty of this behavior too?

What are you a frigging NAZI? Do you know what INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY MEANS?under the courts yes, I can say they are guilty of this activity and there is no lie there.I am allowed to virew them as guilty under the burden of facts, you are also free to excuse anything they do to apease your poltical views. My assesment is just far more logical than yours

It is people like you that made me afraid of the Patriot Act. I knew some jackass that automatically hated people that did not agree with them would someday find their way into the White House and when that day happens anyone that disagrees with them will be guilty without a GOSH DARN TRIAL!

Immie

Of course you don't want the Republicans free to do it again, and neither do I.

You want the Democrats to be free to do it while the Republicans are prohibited.

Immie

Immie , please provide any documentation at the level that I have given that the dems have done this too like you claim?

Immie

I have excused nothing and I do not excuse the Republicans for their actions.

What I don't do is condemn them before the courts have made their rulings. The courts did not make a ruling of guilt in this case because they settled out of court.

Here is something for you to mull over... maybe the Democrats decided to settle out of court because the Republicans had some dirt on them, that they did not want to be made public. If the Republicans were so guilty (as a case can be made that they were) then if the DNC was squeaky clean, why didn't they pursue it?

Maybe there was issues that they didn't want light shed upon? Maybe they didn't want the word to get out as to how they had manipulated voters?

Immie

Immie , please provide any documentation at the level that I have given that the dems have done this too like you claim?

I have already discussed this above.

I do not have the knowledge or the time or desire to do so.

You would not believe it if President Obama confessed it to the world anyway.

You can keep living in your frigging dream world of Democratic Sainthood. In the meantime the intelligent world will know that politics is politics and it is a dirty game.

Immie

Last edited:
Read Charles_Main's reply to this ridiculous question.

No one is claiming the court document is lying. We are pointing out that you are lying about what it says. Repeatedly lying about it.

Immie

What are you a frigging NAZI? Do you know what INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY MEANS?

Immie

Annie did it for me.

Immie

I gave you court documented evidence and a court finding determining that the RNC BROKE the consent decree by trying to eleiminate voters again.

I do not have the time, desire or knowledge of how to hunt up frivolous lawsuits just to prove that a moron who thinks that her beloved Democratic Party is full of frigging saints who would do nothing wrong whatsoever, knowing full well that even if I could find such documents that it would take a frigging confession from the lips of President Obama himself before she would open her mind to the possibility that the Democrats are not gods.

Immie

You can not and refuse to even try to document your claims that the dems do it too because no such evindence exsist.

I gave you all court documented cold hard facts to proove the republican party wants to keep black people from voting to win elections (out of their own mouths).

You have repetedly called me a liar for doing so.

Now when the burden of proof lies in your lap you just spew bullshit?

What are you a frigging NAZI? Do you know what INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY MEANS?

Immie

Immie

You can not and refuse to even try to document your claims that the dems do it too because no such evindence exsist.

I gave you all court documented cold hard facts to proove the republican party wants to keep black people from voting to win elections (out of their own mouths).

Why don't you prove that is the reason you were called a liar? And while you are at it...remember this: spell check is your friend.

Kat if you had bothered to read anything I offered you would realise the Court did find that the RNC violated the consent decree they entered into.

Kat if you had bothered to read anything I offered you would realise the Court did find that the RNC violated the consent decree they entered into.

I read it. I am not saying that what you have posted is not true. I said that you need to prove that Immie called you a liar for the reason you stated he did. I don't think that was the reason at all...not from what I read.

I have already discussed this above.

I do not have the knowledge or the time or desire to do so.

You would not believe it if President Obama confessed it to the world anyway.

You can keep living in your frigging dream world of Democratic Sainthood. In the meantime the intelligent world will know that politics is politics and it is a dirty game.

Immie

You will not answer because no such evidence exsists or one of you would have already given it.

You know that is the real truth

Why are you lying

Which claim?

Immie

Here you go kat, you see he claimed that the dems did it too by asking me if I believed the dems did not do it too?

If that is not what that line meant then please tell me what youy think it meant?

http://brennan.3cdn.net/55c542f8931183a71e_43m6i2q5b.pdf

"the RNC responded to a discovery request by producing a memo from its Midwest Political Director to its Southern Political Director, in which the former stated that I would guess that this program will eliminate at least 60,000-80,000 folks from the rolls … If it‟s a close race … which I‟m assuming it is, this could keep the black vote down considerably.”“ See Thomas Edsall, Ballot Security Effects Calculated: GOP Aide Said Lousiana Effort “Could Keep the Black Vote Down,” Wash. Post, Oct. 24, 1986 at A1."

Now lets remember this is in a court document written by a the judge in his decision

And?

Are you saying that the DNC doesn't stoop to such tactics?

Those are scummy tactics and they should have had their hands slapped.

I wonder if they actually broke any laws and if the letters actually went out and if any voters were actually removed from the voter registration rolls.

I don't recall having claimed that the RNC was innocent of anything, only that nothing has been proven.

And by the way, they settled out of court and what was the penalty? Looks to me like the penalty was an agreement to redefine the term "ballot Security". That tells me that the RNC was attempting to stretch the rules yet stay within the laws.

The memo sucks. It is not up to the RNC to remove names from voter registration rolls. That is the business of the Registrar of Voters. I have no problem with the court telling them they were wrong.

Edit: and by the way, that was a good find. At least it was some evidence to back up your claim.

Immie

Ooppss Kat this is the post where he does it

Immie

Immie

I called you a liar because you are a liar.

Your "evidence" has been properly defeated, yet you continue to claim that unproven allegations are fact. Not just once or twice but dozens of times after admitting to your mistake even. That is why you have proven yourself a liar. That and the fact that you have attempted to change my words.

I suspect that if you wanted to you could find dozens more accusations against the RNC. I also suspect that the RNC would be guilty of many of those accusations. The problem is until they are found guilty by a court, they are considered innocent. They are scummy, but so is the DNC

And I suspect that if I wanted to take the time to prove to a moron that the DNC was not saintly, that I could do so. I AM NOT INTERESTED IN TAKING THAT MUCH TIME TO DO SO BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT SMART ENOUGH TO EVEN UNDERSTAND WHAT THE WORD PROOF MEANS. However, my problem would be the same as yours. I would have to rely on telling lies to state that they are guilty of crimes, because there has been no court findings that I know of.

I can suspect that the RNC is guilty of the allegations involved in this discussion. I'd even be willing to bet that they are. What I am not willing to do is convict them based on allegations that have not been proven in a court of law. When you get a court to find guilt then I'll be happy to see those convicted resting behind bars. Not until.

You have refused to answer my question and it was a simple question.

Do you know what Innocent Until Proven Guilty means? Now, since you have ignored it for so long, I'm going to make it even more difficult for you. Explain what it means.

The burden of proof only lies in my lap if I care to prove it. I don't. It is not a relevant fact in this discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back