Republicans to Shut Down the Federal Government if President Biden vetoes a bill to prevent illegal immigrants from voting in Federal Elections.

It's funny how the MAGATs never thought of passing this law when they had the majority of government during Trump....Nothing better than a wedge issue the GOP can't figure out how to do when they are in power.

It would put a major.spotlight on the issue.and greatly hurt the Dems chances even down ballot when regular Americans ask, "why is this even an issue"? As.it were I dont believe the GOP,.they arent known to have spines which is why Trump is much more popular.than the Establishment GOP
It's not an issue because it's already illegal. This was political grandstanding for nothing.

Performative politics. Nothing more.

It's funny how the MAGATs never thought of passing this law when they had the majority of government during Trump....Nothing better than a wedge issue the GOP can't figure out how to do when they are in power.
Paul Ryan and McConnell ran interference against Trump his first two years in office. Ryan quit costing the party midterm losses.

It's not an issue because it's already illegal. This was political grandstanding for nothing.

Performative politics. Nothing more.
You guys want to get rid of the electoral college, you want to get rid of the filibuster, you want to add 6 new supreme court justices. Illegals are voting and so are many others who are not eligible or dead. Your reputation precedes you.

My thoughts is it needs to be done. Non citizens should not be allowed to vote, period.
They aren't........

Walz, Biden actions don't allow noncitizens to vote | Fact ...​

1727440593017.png
USA Today
https://www.usatoday.com › factcheck › 2024/08/14 › bi...

Claim: Biden opposing SAVE Act is 'cheating'; Walz allowing 'illegals' to vote
Claimed by: Social media
Fact check by USA Today: False

An Aug. 6 Instagram post (direct link, archive link) pairs a picture of President Joe Biden with a warning about the fairness of the presidential election.

“The fix is already in. The GOP passed the SAFE ACT. Joe Biden is going to veto it,” the post reads in part, apparently referring to a citizenship verification bill actually called the SAVE Act. “Millions of Illegals will be voting in this years (sic) election. Kamala Harris little weasel running mate has already passed a law

The post misrepresents two legislative actions. Noncitizens aren't allowed to vote, and vetoing the SAVE bill would not change that or violate any laws to constitute "cheating." Minnesota's automatic voter registration bill, signed by Gov. Tim Walz, the Democratic vice-presidential nominee, does not allow noncitizens of any status to vote in state or federal elections.
They shouldn't even be allowed to be in this country in the first place.

RWNJ's will believe ANYTHING.
Just like their dear leader.......AND........Family.

My thoughts is it needs to be done. Non citizens should not be allowed to vote, period. They shouldn't even be allowed to be in this country in the first place.

lol, they aren’t going to shut down the government. We go through this every…single…time.

They will bicker about until the last minute, then will reach a stop gap agreement that will get us through another 6 months, where we’ll be right back here again, with another “debt crisis” looming about.

My thoughts is it needs to be done. Non citizens should not be allowed to vote, period. They shouldn't even be allowed to be in this country in the first place.

my thoughts are you are a week behind. The Repubs already passed a funding bill that has been through the Senate and signed by Biden.

Forum List

Back