Resistance in the White House: Holding the Line Against Trump's Base Instincts

In an New York Times Op-Ed a high-level insider in the Trump White House explains the danger Trump poses to our republic and the attempts of a few patriots to keep Trump's baser instincts in check:

From the Op-Ed:

To be clear, ours is not the popular “resistance” of the left. We want the administration to succeed and think that many of its policies have already made America safer and more prosperous.

But we believe our first duty is to this country, and the president continues to act in a manner that is detrimental to the health of our republic.

That is why many Trump appointees have vowed to do what we can to preserve our democratic institutions while thwarting Mr. Trump’s more misguided impulses until he is out of office......

To be clear, ours is not the popular “resistance” of the left. We want the administration to succeed and think that many of its policies have already made America safer and more prosperous.

But we believe our first duty is to this country, and the president continues to act in a manner that is detrimental to the health of our republic.

That is why many Trump appointees have vowed to do what we can to preserve our democratic institutions while thwarting Mr. Trump’s more misguided impulses until he is out of office.

From the White House to executive branch departments and agencies, senior officials will privately admit their daily disbelief at the commander in chief’s comments and actions. Most are working to insulate their operations from his whims.......

There is a quiet resistance within the administration of people choosing to put country first. But the real difference will be made by everyday citizens rising above politics, reaching across the aisle and resolving to shed the labels in favor of a single one: Americans.

Opinion | I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration

Thank heaven there are still patriots who put country before loyalty to the Orange menace.

God Speed to them.

Aw. DC insider doesn't like it that the voters--imagine that, the VOTERS!--chose a president not in the club. Boo hoo, too bad, so sad.

I love Trump more by the day, I'm telling you. He makes the right people insane.
You hit the nail on the head. Why there will be no “blue wave” in 2018 and why he will be re-elected in 2020. Average Americans love Donald J. Trump.

Aw. DC insider doesn't like it that the voters--imagine that, the VOTERS!--chose a president not in the club. Boo hoo, too bad, so sad.
By three million.

So what, the answer is RESIST? Seriously, that's every crybaby answer I shut down among second graders, I'm not kidding. "But TEACHER...(followed by protracted whine)".

You know the rules, I say, and it was fair play. But no, the whining by the Left is still going on TWO YEARS LATER.

And we wonder why society is screwed up. Honest to Pete, elementary schools are havens from the madness, I'm telling you. You expect whining from kids; they will knock it off and play fair if reminded. The adult babies are an entirely new animal.

You know the rules, I say, and it was fair play. But no, the whining by the Left is still going on TWO YEARS LATER.
I think the 'left' recognises whom is president, it also recognises he was not chosen by the voters, rather by the obsolete dictates of the Electoral College. The right gets its panties in a twist every time it's pointed out Trump did not even achieve a plurality. Even after two years.

I think the 'left' recognises whom is president, it also recognises he was not chosen by the voters, rather by the obsolete dictates of the Electoral College. The right gets its panties in a twist every time it's pointed out Trump did not even achieve a plurality. Even after two years.
Obsolete dictates? Didn’t we just use it in 2016? So the Left thinks the Constitution of the United States is obsolete...I see.

You lost. Get over it.

You lost. Get over it.
All the left knows how to do is cry, bitch and moan.

In an Op-Ed in the New York Times a high-level insider in the Trump White House explains the danger Trump poses to our republic and the attempts of a few patriots to how Trump's baser instincts in check:

From the Op-Ed:

That is why many Trump appointees have vowed to do what we can to preserve our democratic institutions while thwarting Mr. Trump’s more misguided impulses until he is out of office......

That is why many Trump appointees have vowed to do what we can to preserve our democratic institutions while thwarting Mr. Trump’s more misguided impulses until he is out of office.

From the White House to executive branch departments and agencies, senior officials will privately admit their daily disbelief at the commander in chief’s comments and actions. Most are working to insulate their operations from his whims.......

There is a quiet resistance within the administration of people choosing to put country first. But the real difference will be made by everyday citizens rising above politics, reaching across the aisle and resolving to shed the labels in favor of a single one: Americans.

Thank heaven there are still patriots who put country before loyalty to the Orange menace.

God Speed to them.

If true, it’s just another idiotic neo-con. He complains about his trade policies, which have been on point against the globalist Agenda. The rest of it is just nonsense you hear from any idiotic liberal. Hopefully the traitor will be found so he can be hanged out to dry for the coward he is. Why can’t these deep state moles be upfront and honest? Oh yea, because they are cowards.

More deep state nonsense. These people are Trump's own appointees. These are his people.

The traitor is the Orange Menace who seeks to destroy out institutions and reek havoc in the nation. This just confirms Woodward's book that Trump is an out-of-control maniac.

It is too bad there are so many people who still under the Orange one's spell. Trump is a rogue. A danger to the nation and the world.

Yet the “anonymous OP-ED” and yourself can’t identify exactly how he is a “danger to the world”. He isn’t starting unnecessary wars, and he has the economy booming. So feel free to point out how it’s the end of the world.

He isn't starting wars because the Pentagon won't oblige him.
They won't indulge his request to kill Assad.
They are ignoring his order so make a pre-emptive strike on North Korea.
They ignored his request for a war plan for Iran.
And they ignored his Tweet about banning gays from the military.
Thank God somebody is protecting us from this shit stain.

It’s amazing how you shit stains live in an alternate reality.

In an Op-Ed in the New York Times a high-level insider in the Trump White House explains the danger Trump poses to our republic and the attempts of a few patriots to how Trump's baser instincts in check:

From the Op-Ed:

God Speed to them.

If true, it’s just another idiotic neo-con. He complains about his trade policies, which have been on point against the globalist Agenda. The rest of it is just nonsense you hear from any idiotic liberal. Hopefully the traitor will be found so he can be hanged out to dry for the coward he is. Why can’t these deep state moles be upfront and honest? Oh yea, because they are cowards.

It was a little over a year ago, that Trump met in the Oval office with the Russians. Trump kicked out American media & let Russian media in. There were only 3 other Americans in that room with them. They were H.R. McMaster, National Security adviser, Dina Powell, Deputy National Security adviser, & Rex Tillerson, Secretary of State. So which one of these 3 leaked to the Washington Post, that Trump had given classified information to the Russians, that had not gone through the process of being declassified? These 3 top cabinet officials are now long gone from the Trump administration.
Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador
Who was in Trump's meeting with the Russians? - CNNPolitics

ss-170511-russian-foreign-ministry-photos-trump-02_276cd978322973ea9adb0f63b6b80749.nbcnews-fp-1200-800.jpg

This was Trump showing Vladimir Putin what he could get away with as POTUS. It was no beginner mistake.

In fact, US intelligence agents had warned Isreali Intelligence a few months before to not give Trump classified information, citing he is compromised by the Russians.
The source of the intel Trump shared with Russia reportedly was warned months ago not to give it to him

I think there is an 80% chance that this NYT oped came directly from General John Kelly, Trump's chief of staff. He has been openly embarrassed by Trump's comments on numerous occasions. He was installed by Republicans to replace Reince Preibus, who couldn't handle Trump.

th

General John Kelly, Trump's chief of staff, when Trump was giving a speech at the UN.

5f05a83c6128843211345ca0a13c8983.jpg

These people swore an oath to this country (not Trump) to defend and protect against foreign and domestic enemies. While in front of the public they will swear alligiance to the red hat ass clown, behind closed doors it's quite a different scenario. It's very possible they considerTrump to be the enemy, which is why we get so many leaks. They are the last defense. It's also the reason this administration has a turnover rate that beats Der Weinersnitzel.

If you want to hear the entire NYT op-ed, just click this link.
Hear the entire NYT stunning op-ed - CNN Video

Hey dumbass it’s the President’s job to meet with foreign officials, and he has the capacity to share whatever classified information he wants with them.

Article in NYT....

"The dilemma — which he does not fully grasp — is that many of the senior officials in his own administration are working diligently from within to frustrate parts of his agenda and his worst inclinations."

Just as most informed people already figured out. There are unelected bureaucrats within the administration who think they know better than the American electorate and are working to undermine this President.

One more time, the Electorate said "no". by three million votes.

So what we have here is a "Von Papen" Republican. (Named for Franz von Papen, the Centrist German politician who thought Hitler could be contained). Yes, we know Trump is nuts, we know he's erratic, but as long as we get tax cuts for rich people and the host of other bad ideas that the American people voted against, don't worry, we'll keep him from doing truly reckless stuff.

Sorry, the ONLY solution here is to elect Democrats, and then initiate either impeachment or removal through the 25th Amendment. Period.

Why do we even need this? It's obvious Trump is an idiot. Only Trump's bigots think he is fine. Your brain on racism is dumb

We have an unelected secret group of people conspiring in the WH. No accountability for any of them. That seems like a greater danger to Democracy than Trump.

The Comey, Strozk, Page conspiracy doesn't seem so outlandish after reading this piece.
CPkivLXVEAARumD.jpg

Forum List

Back