Resistance in the White House: Holding the Line Against Trump's Base Instincts

Woodward may have pried something loose.
Yep, the letter is congruous with Woodward's reporting in his new book.

A little too congruous.
True, but it doesn't mean Woodward & Co. wrote it, does it? The NYT may have had the editorial awhile and decided to run it when all the hoopla about Fear came out?
I'm not saying Woodward wrote it. I'm saying whoever wrote the op-ed definitely had Woodward's book in mind when they wrote the letter.
I don't think so, and this is why: This op ed was written by a professional bullshitter. The platitudes abound. To me, it sounds more like an apology for sticking with Trump, a "please don't hate me; I'm here to protect the country" letter. Which is why I don't think either of the generals would have written it. They don't give a shit if anyone hates them.
"Please don't hate me; I'm here to protect the country".

Exactly. Whoever it is sounds like they have about the same emotional maturity as Trump.

anyone within Trump's orbit that sees Trump as unfit for office has a patriotic duty to notify Congress of said concerns.

The nation is bigger than ANY one president, no matter whom that president may be.

Patriotism is to the nation; NOT to any goddamn president.
Define "unfit for office".

Section 4 of the 25th Amendment:

Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.

I just don't see Mike Pence declaring the hellbound horse to which he hitched his evangelical wagon as "unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office".

We won't hear a squeaky fart out of anyone in Trump's orbit concerning Trump's inability to perform his duties.

Everyone within Trump's orbit is patriotic to Trump; to Hell with being patriotic to the nation.

Trump has 'performed his duties' light years ahead of Obama....Where were you then?
Trump started his presidency on third base, and you tards think he hit a triple. Where were YOU when Obama started his presidency with jobs bleeding at the rate of 600,000 a month and a Dow which had plunged to 6000?

There's a reason the coward Trump changed his mind about running for President back then and waited until he could sit in the catbird seat and take all the credit for the heavy lifting done by his predecessor.

I see you have your neo marxist, dnc talking points memorized.

My money is that Gen. Kelly has had a gut full of doing his version of kowtowing to the Fumbler-in-Chief while he holds to the ideals of Duty, Honor, Country and Corps and is approaching the time he sees his hand cannot guide that Crazy man playing at President. Something had to give. In March 2017 I saw this time coming and wrote this;

~~ Trump sinks further on Rasmussen ~~

This is getting so scary! Trump still has the finger on "The Button!" This kind of open attack could precipitate him doing something insane to throw the press off the trail for a little while! Assassinating Asaad would qualify! :102: :1041: :aargh:

anyone within Trump's orbit that sees Trump as unfit for office has a patriotic duty to notify Congress of said concerns.

The nation is bigger than ANY one president, no matter whom that president may be.

Patriotism is to the nation; NOT to any goddamn president.
Define "unfit for office".

Section 4 of the 25th Amendment:

Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.

I just don't see Mike Pence declaring the hellbound horse to which he hitched his evangelical wagon as "unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office".

We won't hear a squeaky fart out of anyone in Trump's orbit concerning Trump's inability to perform his duties.

Everyone within Trump's orbit is patriotic to Trump; to Hell with being patriotic to the nation.

Trump has 'performed his duties' light years ahead of Obama....Where were you then?
Trump started his presidency on third base, and you tards think he hit a triple. Where were YOU when Obama started his presidency with jobs bleeding at the rate of 600,000 a month and a Dow which had plunged to 6000?

There's a reason the coward Trump changed his mind about running for President back then and waited until he could sit in the catbird seat and take all the credit for the heavy lifting done by his predecessor.

I see you can't do any better than parrot bullshit memes.

Woodward may have pried something loose.
Yep, the letter is congruous with Woodward's reporting in his new book.

A little too congruous.
True, but it doesn't mean Woodward & Co. wrote it, does it? The NYT may have had the editorial awhile and decided to run it when all the hoopla about Fear came out?
I'm not saying Woodward wrote it. I'm saying whoever wrote the op-ed definitely had Woodward's book in mind when they wrote the letter.
I don't think so, and this is why: This op ed was written by a professional bullshitter. The platitudes abound. To me, it sounds more like an apology for sticking with Trump, a "please don't hate me; I'm here to protect the country" letter. Which is why I don't think either of the generals would have written it. They don't give a shit if anyone hates them.
"Please don't hate me; I'm here to protect the country".

Exactly. Whoever it is sounds like they have about the same emotional maturity as Trump.
I can't keep up. This is all too devious for me.

(Everyone knows that NYT is the un-official mouthpiece of the CFR.)

It's basically the Deep State giving warning to the people;

"Hey, when we subvert your will and take over, it is because we know what is best for you. This guy you elected isn't one of us, he is awful. He's doesn't do what he is told."

. . . and we told you, we aren't the Deep State, we are just the . . . the. . . the bureaucracy.

TLdaChY.gif

Total chaos in the White House.
His own staffers think he's a dangerous child

Jesus

My money is that Gen. Kelly has had a gut full of doing his version of kowtowing to the Fumbler-in-Chief while he holds to the ideals of Duty, Honor, Country and Corps and is approaching the time he sees his hand cannot guide that Crazy man playing at President. Something had to give. In March 2017 I saw this time coming and wrote this;

~~ Trump sinks further on Rasmussen ~~
It's definitely NOT one of the generals.

I'd be looking at someone like Sessions or Brad Courtney if I were you.

LOL, not hard to see this is clearly a coordinated distraction from the Kavanaugh hearing in which democrats have no hope of preventing him from being appointed.

Says the little faggot who can't admit that he/she is a Prog. You're a **** kidlet.
Suck it up snowflake. Trump is a menace to the nation. His staffers know it. Trumpers are either in denial or don't give a damn about the health of the nation.

Says the little faggot who can't admit that he/she is a Prog. You're a **** kidlet.
Suck it up snowflake. Trump is a menace to the nation. His staffers know it. Trumpers are either in denial or don't give a damn about the health of the nation.

LOL, I'm not a Rump guy, I'm an American. I just don't let you little pussies make shit up.

This has all the earmarks of being a total fake out. Is the Times in on it or are they catfished? This essay dovetails right in line with Woodward's book and could be a PR stunt.

LOL, I'm not a Rump guy, I'm an American. I just don't let you little pussies make shit up.
You know what they say about ducks. I would be in denial too if my name were associated with backing Trump.

Forum List

Back