Rest in Peace.

What's even sadder, is that you seem to have a problem with the 2nd Amendment.

That's VERY sad.:mad:

Fortunately for me, I have no political influence.

But tens of thousands of lives are lost to guns each year in USA alone.

Same with automobile accidents and yet you cry over guns…

Also when you subtract those that commit suicide the number of homicide deaths make your rate even lower…

What's even sadder, is that you seem to have a problem with the 2nd Amendment.

That's VERY sad.:mad:

Fortunately for me, I have no political influence.

But tens of thousands of lives are lost to guns each year in USA alone.

More were lost because of Fauci last year .....so please ....have some perspective. JEZZZZZ
Every life has paramount value. Tens of thousands of lives lost is a grand tragedy.
What is a million a year?

Gun related murders have been in the neighborhood of 10k to 11k for years. The rest from your number are from suicides.

Enabling Suicide is inhumane.

Enabling suicide? If someone actually wants to die, do you think depriving them of a firearm will prevent them from committing suicide? If you do you are naive.

Enabling suicide? If someone actually wants to die, do you think depriving them of a firearm will prevent them from committing suicide? If you do you are naive.

Not always, but in 80% of cases, yes.

80%? Where did you get that number?

I have seen statistics that most of suicide attempts without guns fail. I will try to find them.

About 85 percent of suicide attempts with a firearm end in death. (Drug overdose, the most widely used method in suicide attempts, is fatal in less than 3 percent of cases.) Moreover, guns are an irreversible solution to what is often a passing crisis. Suicidal individuals who take pills or inhale car exhaust or use razors have time to reconsider their actions or summon help.

Not always, but in 80% of cases, yes.

80%? Where did you get that number?

I have seen statistics that most of suicide attempts without guns fail. I will try to find them.

About 85 percent of suicide attempts with a firearm end in death. (Drug overdose, the most widely used method in suicide attempts, is fatal in less than 3 percent of cases.) Moreover, guns are an irreversible solution to what is often a passing crisis. Suicidal individuals who take pills or inhale car exhaust or use razors have time to reconsider their actions or summon help.

I have had 5 friends commit suicide in my life. Only 1 used a gun. 2 hanged themselves, 1 drove her car off a cliff, and 1 died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

I have had 5 friends commit suicide in my life. Only 1 used a gun. 2 hanged themselves, 1 drove her car off a cliff, and 1 died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Very sad. Rest in Peace.

Japan has a much higher suicide rate that the US, and guns are almost nonexistent for the public.

Australia had one of the heaviest gun control laws passed several years ago. The effect on suicide was negligible.

Forum List

Back