Revamping the Forum Categories

Yes, and what is your favorite recipe for milk soaked whole bats? Most of the 'Current Events' forum could be moved to the Politics or Rubber Room forum; not much actual news there.

I've been thinking for a few days now that maybe we should come up with a new format for the layout of the forum with some different thread categories. Maybe we eliminate some old ones (like the Election 2016 forum), perhaps merge a few, change the names of some so their purpose is more clear, and maybe add a category or two (like Second Amendment). We have a lot of different thread groups out there and some are hardly used, some are outdated, and some could be named better. I'm just looking for some better organization.

I started a conversation with the other moderators earlier today, but thought I would also solicit the board to see everyone's thoughts in general for suggestions of what some of you may want to see added or changed. I'm looking for constructive comments, please. Thanks
How about one section for actual discussions on, about, or regarding race and another just for racist assholes to spew hatred at each other and/or proclaim 'whatever' superiority?

If you want to revamp the forums, KISS:

ZONE 1:
  1. Introduce Yourself
  2. Rules, Announcements and Feedback
  3. U.S. Politics and Government
  4. Current Events (other than political)
  5. Environment, Weather and Climate
  6. Science and Technology
  7. Religion
  8. Health
  9. Race and Ethnicity
  10. World News and Events (outside the USA)
  11. Structured Debates
  12. General Discussion and Topics
  13. Humor
  14. Reviews
  15. Food
  16. Hobbies
  17. TV and Movies
  18. Sports
ZONE 2:
  1. The Rubber Room

You're welcome. People need to stop beating themselves up making stuff harder than it really is.

Zone 1 is public and follows the guidelines of mutual respect, civil behavior, open discussion and adherence to topic.
Zone 2 is private and permits swearing, insults, horseplay, and limited lascivious behavior.

Last edited:
I've been thinking for a few days now that maybe we should come up with a new format for the layout of the forum with some different thread categories. Maybe we eliminate some old ones (like the Election 2016 forum), perhaps merge a few, change the names of some so their purpose is more clear, and maybe add a category or two (like Second Amendment). We have a lot of different thread groups out there and some are hardly used, some are outdated, and some could be named better. I'm just looking for some better organization.

I started a conversation with the other moderators earlier today, but thought I would also solicit the board to see everyone's thoughts in general for suggestions of what some of you may want to see added or changed. I'm looking for constructive comments, please. Thanks
Thank you Dont Taz Me Bro

Does this mean the same way "Political Satire" is UNDER "Politics"

Then "2A" can be UNDER Constitution

And "Obamacare" can be UNDER health care.

As for "Elections" will the 2016 and 2020 have their own subsections UNDER Elections?

Because of 2020 getting reexamined, 2016 is also getting revisited so I hope those threads stay but just filed in better order for referencing.

Thanks to you and USMB Staff for making free speech available and manageable! Great job always, hats off!

The accumulated links and data and observations on the 2016 election thread should be kept around as a fairly valuable reference source; it could be stored in another forum without a lot of hassles I would think. For an ostensibly American board, Europe could indeed be a stand alone category and catch all, same with Africa, the ME, Asia, SA and Central A. India doesn't seem to generate a lot of posts for some reason, despite being the largest democracy and is economically and politically significant; whether it gets its own forum is a toss up call, I guess. I would give it one if I were King, just in case it becomes fashionable in the future, which may be soon with the Red Chinese going insane with expansionism. We don't need a separate forum for every individual American state, after all, so why so for the rest of the regions?

Last edited:

I think we should have a Gender Confused section to rid us all of this mental illness we trudge through daily

Forum List

Back