Revelation, who is going to be King of Jerusalem? Jesus or his Father?

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
Jesus ( a jew) or the Father of Jesus, the Jewish God?? The book of Revelation is said to be wrote by John.

Rev 1

1The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave to him, to show his servants what must happen soon. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John,a

snip

4 grace to you and peace from him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven spirits before his throne,c 5and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead and ruler of the kings of the earth. To him who loves us and has freed us* from our sins by his blood,d 6who has made us into a kingdom, priests for his God and Father, to him be glory and power forever [and ever]. Amen.

Rev 3
Behold, I will make those of the assembly of Satan who claim to be Jews and are not, but are lying, behold I will make them come and fall prostrate at your feet, and they will realize that I love you.e

Rev 21

2 I also saw the holy city, a new Jerusalem,[a] coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

John of Giscala - you can read about John here, a prisoner in Rome.

JOHN OF GISCALA (Johanan ben Levi) - JewishEncyclopedia.com

----------------------------------------------------------
also 666 , aka known as the beast is Rome and the emperors of Rome, so actually you are describing Rome, which began the religion of Christianity. The Roman empire legalized Christianity. Without Rome you would not have Christianity.

Jesus ( a jew) or the Father of Jesus, the Jewish God?? The book of Revelation is said to be wrote by John.

Rev 1

1The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave to him, to show his servants what must happen soon. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John,a

snip

4 grace to you and peace from him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven spirits before his throne,c 5and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead and ruler of the kings of the earth. To him who loves us and has freed us* from our sins by his blood,d 6who has made us into a kingdom, priests for his God and Father, to him be glory and power forever [and ever]. Amen.

Rev 3
Behold, I will make those of the assembly of Satan who claim to be Jews and are not, but are lying, behold I will make them come and fall prostrate at your feet, and they will realize that I love you.e

Rev 21

2 I also saw the holy city, a new Jerusalem,[a] coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

also 666 , aka known as the beast is Rome and the emperors of Rome, so actually you are describing Rome, which began the religion of Christianity. The Roman empire legalized Christianity. Without Rome you would not have Christianity.

so tell us why a god hating atheist like you would care?

I'm just impressed you're reading the bible....

I'm no religious zealot but I don't want to discourage you from doing it.

There is a lot of wisdom in Psalms and Proverbs.

Rev 1

snip

Rev 3

Rev 21

Just wondering what you right wing progressive hunters think.

Rev 1

snip

Rev 3

Rev 21

Just wondering what you right wing progressive hunters think.
who said I was right wing???

Rev 1

snip

Rev 3

Rev 21

I like mushrooms too------but not raw

also 666 , aka known as the beast is Rome and the emperors of Rome,

666 is the number of a man, not a city.

666 refers to Solomon, the only man associated with that number in the entire bible, 666 being the exact number of talents of gold (25 tons) that he received yearly from the animal butchering in a temple scam treasury, not to mention tolls, taxes, and tributes.

Thank you once again Hobe...I posted this before but I think it is appropriate to share it with everyone once again... You shot your idol Jesus once again by bringing up Solomon and the 666 talents of gold.. You got me thinking and apparently you are incorrect 666 is mentioned in one other place Ezra 2:13 where Adonakam and his 666 sons return... Now I would not find this very interesting accept According to the BDB theological dictionary and NOBSE study bible name list..The name Adonikam means and I Quote " my lord has risen"..Alfred Jones (dictionary of Old Testament proper names) This name Adonikam goes with the derivation meaning " adversary" and reads " Lord of Enemies" which fits Jesus to a tee as he is known as Lord... He is the Lord of Enemies which is Christianity and any others who accept him as their leader and it is taught that Jesus Rose or is the lord that is risen... It is always amazes me that when someone tries to fool with us that we get answers that hurt those who wish us harm... Thank you once again I will make sure this info tying Jesus to 666 further and deeper gets passed on to others....wink....

Thank you once again Hobe...I posted this before but I think it is appropriate to share it with everyone once again... You shot your idol Jesus once again by bringing up Solomon and the 666 talents of gold.. You got me thinking and apparently you are incorrect 666 is mentioned in one other place Ezra 2:13 where Adonakam and his 666 sons return... Now I would not find this very interesting accept According to the BDB theological dictionary and NOBSE study bible name list..The name Adonikam means and I Quote " my lord has risen"..Alfred Jones (dictionary of Old Testament proper names) This name Adonikam goes with the derivation meaning " adversary" and reads " Lord of Enemies" which fits Jesus to a tee as he is known as Lord... He is the Lord of Enemies which is Christianity and any others who accept him as their leader and it is taught that Jesus Rose or is the lord that is risen... It is always amazes me that when someone tries to fool with us that we get answers that hurt those who wish us harm... Thank you once again I will make sure this info tying Jesus to 666 further and deeper gets passed on to others....wink....

666,the number of the beast, (singular) is the number of a man (singular), so the sons of Adonikam have nothing to do with anything and does not refute in anyway that first century Jews opposed the corruption of temple worship imposed by Solomon.

This is ultimately led to the departure of the ten tribes once he died.

BTW, they were not lost, they just said fuck this shit and left to parts unknown.

Jerusalem doesn't have a king.

It has a Prime Minister.
That is a very good point and he The prime minister of Israel is anointed by the people of Israel in the line of David ( as in Ben Gurian) and they shall never lack a man to sit in that position...Of course since Jesus was never a real man that is living and breathing and was created out of many characters and stories and myths on pages in a book and given life by those pages then he could never ever fill that role....

666,the number of the beast, (singular) is the number of a man (singular), so the sons of Adonikam have nothing to do with anything and does not refute in anyway that first century Jews opposed the corruption of temple worship imposed by Solomon.

This is ultimately led to the departure of the ten tribes once he died.

BTW, they were not lost, they just said fuck this shit and left to parts unknown.
You can never admit you are wrong Hobe It is the same message as Christians are symbolically sonsof Jesus their risen Lord and they too dispersed to the sea ( nations) to spread their word out there and they using your quote said fuck this shit and left for parts unknown after Jesus supposedly dies...

also 666 , aka known as the beast is Rome and the emperors of Rome,

666 is the number of a man, not a city.

666 refers to Solomon, the only man associated with that number in the entire bible, 666 being the exact number of talents of gold (25 tons) that he received yearly from the animal butchering in a temple scam treasury, not to mention tolls, taxes, and tributes.

I'm aware, so Solomon is the beast??

Here is my take on the beasts, from historical, cultural, and literary contexts.

The horsemen of Chapter 9 may well have been a component of one of the beasts of Revelation 13. That chapter begins thus:

And I saw a beast rising out of the sea, with ten horns and seven heads, with ten diadems on its horns and blasphemous names on its heads. (Rv 13:1)​

This beast comes from the sea. A common assumption is that this is a sea monster (the only assumption possible from a literal perspective), but what is the sea? Is it water or is it something else? Like other nations, perhaps?

The sea, generically, refers to the Mediterranean Sea or Red Sea or generally any sea in the Middle East. In Isaiah 11:11, we read that a handful of Jews will reclaim their land from all their maritime oppressors. “In that day the Lord will extend his hand yet a second time to recover the remnant that remains of his people from Assyria, from Egypt, from Pathros, from Cush, from Elam, from Shinar, from Hamath, and from the coastlands of the sea.” Also consider Isaiah 60:5 and note that wealth comes from the sea—not from fishing but from nations around the sea:

Then you shall see and be radiant;
your heart shall thrill and exult,
because the abundance of the sea shall be turned to you,
the wealth of the nations shall come to you.

Ellicott’s Commentary for English Readers says that the abundance of the sea is the riches of the Western isles. Other commentaries call this seaborne wealth a wealth of maritime nations. Earlier in Isaiah, these foreign nations are referred to as the wilderness of the sea (21:1), or specifically in this case, according to Ellicott, as the nations of Elam and Media. Certainly wealth literally could be derived from any body of water; even in Israel, lakes and streams could be fished. When a beast comes from the sea, however, it is a foreign aggressor.

The first beast, then, the beast rising out of the sea, is a foreign aggressor, and the foreign aggressor in John’s lifetime is Rome, specifically the Tenth Legion in Jerusalem. While the Jews are held captive in Jerusalem and stricken with scarcity and starvation, the Romans are free to engage in commerce. In the city, kings, merchants, and shippers mourn, since they can no longer luxuriate in the formerly wealthy capital and since no one buys their cargo anymore (Rv 18:9-19). Meanwhile, outside the city, Romans continue to supply their troops. Some have ascribed the number of this beast to Nero, Rome’s mouthpiece (13:5) who was still emperor when the war started. Contemporary scholarship refutes this because the number of the beast is actually 616. Whatever the specifics, the ability to buy and sell remained the province and privilege of the Romans and to Jews who managed to escape their captors and find refuge with the other side. Allegiance to Rome was the hope of eating and surviving.

Israel, to the Israelites, of course, is their land, often referred to as the earth. The second beast, then, the beast rising out of the land, is Israel. This two-horned beast (13:11), history informs us, is comprised of two factions: that enraged and impulsive lot among the Israelites, the Zealots, and their similarly dispositioned allies the Idumeans.

Rome exercised authority over Judea (13:7), whose inhabitants were made to obey, or “worship,” Rome (13:12). The fury of the Zealots must have been palpable.

Around the turn of the millennium, Judaism was divided into four major sects under the Great Sanhedrin, or ruling religious council: the Sadducees, the higher priesthood and nobility who centered their authority on the temple; the Pharisees, who derived their authority from the Torah and Mosaic Law; and the Essenes, a peaceful group of ascetics. The fourth sect formed much more recently and diverged sharply from the other three. This sect of Zealots was a militant, anti-Roman splinter group on a quest to expel and kill Romans, and also Christians and moderate Jews and anyone else who ventured into Jerusalem and sympathized with Rome.

The Apostle Paul encounters some of these Zealots in Ephesus when they chase him out of a synagogue, leaving him to preach in a schoolhouse (Acts 19:9-11). A former Pharisee—of a more orthodox stock—and one not afraid to speak his mind, Paul was not loathe to refer to them as beasts (1 Cor 15:32). For indeed they were so driven by madness that they would have done anything to torment and expel the Romans, even if it meant persecuting their own people and allowing their own temple to burn down.

Rome, seeking order in its domain (to maintain the Pax Romana of the era), and Israel, motivated largely by Zealot hatred of Rome, are the two principal players in the Jewish-Roman Wars. The beast from the sea and the beast from the land would engage each other in three major struggles that would last well into the second century. The first of the three major confrontations lasted from AD 67 to AD 70, and is the one that put an end to the cult of temple and ended the age as some of the apostles had anticipated. For these three and a half years, Christians fled while Zealots slaughtered moderate Jews and Roman soldiers.

Last edited:
John of Giscala? Eh? Was he the one exiled to Patmos?

John was a very common name.

This John: JOHN OF GISCALA (Johanan ben Levi) - JewishEncyclopedia.com
You don't say.

My question, again, is what he has to do with Revelation.

This is the John who wrote Revelation.
You have a lot of explaining to do, especially since he was captured and imprisoned in Rome and not exiled to Patmos, and likely died before Revelation was written.

Forum List

Back