Richest 1% own more than the rest of us: Oxfam

lamestgeneration.jpg

The problem is getting worse. Thank God, Democrats are attempting to do something about it.

"Runaway inequality has created a world where 62 people own as much wealth as the poorest half of the world's population -- a figure that has fallen from 388 just five years ago," the anti-poverty agency said in its reported published ahead of the annual gathering of the world’s financial and political elites in Davos.
<more>
Sounds like 1%are smarter than 99%. Dimwits are mad because they are in the 99%.

Woe is me. I just can't make it on my own. Those mean old rich people owe me a living because I was born here and America owes me a living from the cradle to the grave. I shouldn't be expected to earn my own way and be forced to compete for a job or work to buy a home and food. America owes me big time. That old rich man doesn't deserve the success and wealth he earned. He should share it with me.

The rich shouldn't be working to hold people down.
Judge in Collusion Case: Silicon Valley Was Afraid of Steve Jobs

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/06/u...inequality-from-a-mainstream-source.html?_r=0

Because the affluent tend to save more of what they earn rather than spend it, as more and more of the nation’s income goes to people at the top income brackets, there isn’t enough demand for goods and services to maintain strong growth, and attempts to bridge that gap with debt feed a boom-bust cycle of crises, the report argues. High inequality can feed on itself, as the wealthy use their resources to influence the political system toward policies that help maintain that advantage, like low tax rates on high incomes and low estate taxes, and underinvestment in education and infrastructure.

The problem is getting worse. Thank God, Democrats are attempting to do something about it.

"Runaway inequality has created a world where 62 people own as much wealth as the poorest half of the world's population -- a figure that has fallen from 388 just five years ago," the anti-poverty agency said in its reported published ahead of the annual gathering of the world’s financial and political elites in Davos.
<more>
You know what would happen if you confiscated all that wealth and gave it to the poor ? The poor would be slightly less poor for a short time.
How about using it to build infrastructure and give healthcare for everyone?

<more>
What is the difference between a Democrat and a Communist?

No disputing the price rise resulting from the economic expansion of the Indian and Chinese economies during the Bush term. The issue is what was done to counter that squeeze-down on supply. The drilling moratorium expired under Bush but was reimplemented by obama. Bush took steps to drop prices and obama intentionally made them go back up. Very simple.

Yet now it is very low.
In spite of Obama.
And we're not getting our lost $60k back.

I think you exaggerate his influence.
Nope. He reimposed oil extraction restrictions which drove prices up. Those higher energy prices drove all consumer goods prices up.

This shows how it mostly went up with bush.
Gas Price History Graph (historic prices)
No disputing the price rise resulting from the economic expansion of the Indian and Chinese economies during the Bush term. The issue is what was done to counter that squeeze-down on supply. The drilling moratorium expired under Bush but was reimplemented by obama. Bush took steps to drop prices and obama intentionally made them go back up. Very simple.

Yet now it is very low.
In spite of Obama.

Nope. He reimposed oil extraction restrictions which drove prices up. Those higher energy prices drove all consumer goods prices up.

He also did a lot for fuel economy which drove down demand for oil which would lower prices.

The poor and middle class on the Right keep supporting the rich's right to hoard $7.6 Trillion offshore. Apparent they think they'll soon join the 1% .. hope strings eternal.
We have plans to bring that money back here. Democrats are against that dea.

Oddly enough, I have seen absolutely no bill before congress that would end offshore tax havens, in spite of the fact the the Republicans control congress. I guess they are waiting until the planets are properly aliened before drafting and voting for such a bill. Or, maybe, they need to vote to repeal ACA another 20 or 30 times first..

<more>
What is the difference between a Democrat and a Communist?
Nothing

Oxfam is a Communist front. I figured that out in college when I noticed that in every country where there was a civil war, Oxfam took the side of the Communists. If the government was Communist, Oxfam supported the government and badmouthed the rebels. If the rebels were Communist, Oxfam took the side of the rebels and badmouthed the government.

The article serves no purpose other than encourage Communist attitudes towards wealth, which is that the government should confiscate all wealth held in private hands.

Oxfam is a Communist front. I figured that out in college when I noticed that in every country where there was a civil war, Oxfam took the side of the Communists. If the government was Communist, Oxfam supported the government and badmouthed the rebels. If the rebels were Communist, Oxfam took the side of the rebels and badmouthed the government.

The article serves no purpose other than encourage Communist attitudes towards wealth, which is that the government should confiscate all wealth held in private hands.
Do you think that they are North Korean type commies, or Cuban type commies, or Chinese type commies?

Do you think that they are North Korean type commies, or Cuban type commies, or Chinese type commies?
Oxfam was founded in Oxford, England, but now they are international.

Yet now it is very low.
In spite of Obama.

He also did a lot for fuel economy which drove down demand for oil which would lower prices.
Obviously not enough if the average household lost $10k annually.

Yet now it is very low.
In spite of Obama.

Obviously not enough if the average household lost $10k annually.

But now prices are really low. Again you exaggerate the presidents influence on the price of gas.

Forum List

Back