Ride Clear of Diablo !!!!

Its a pretty ho hum western. Audie Murphy plays Audie Murphy and Dan Duryea gives the thing a touch of class. OK on a rainy bank holiday but nothing special. But the title is one of my favourite film titles ever,

Whats your favourite film title ?

Shane
Possibly ghey...Had a relationship with a boy...

I'd pay to have you tell Shane that.

Shane.jpg

Its a pretty ho hum western. Audie Murphy plays Audie Murphy and Dan Duryea gives the thing a touch of class. OK on a rainy bank holiday but nothing special. But the title is one of my favourite film titles ever,

Dan Duryea was always excellent, especially as a bad guy...Winchester '73

Dan Duryea, Richard Widmark, Jack Palance, and Jeremy Irons were great bad guys. Most actors like to play a variety of rows so they are not type cast but some just can't seem to play the villain such as John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, and Will Smith. I believe great actors are those that can make their characters loveable, hateful, heroic, cowardly, whatever the story calls for. Some actors play the same character in different roles over and over because the they have a screen persona that audiences love.

Dan Duryea, Richard Widmark, Jack Palance, and Jeremy Irons were great bad guys. Most actors like to play a variety of rows so they are not type cast but some just can't seem to play the villain such as John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, and Will Smith. I believe great actors are those that can make their characters loveable, hateful, heroic, cowardly, whatever the story calls for. Some actors play the same character in different roles over and over because the they have a screen persona that audiences love.
More recently I thought Brian Dennehy was a great good/bad guy sometimes in the same movie., like his character in Silverado. I really enjoyed watching him play a variety of roles.

More recently I thought Brian Dennehy was a great good/bad guy sometimes in the same movie., like his character in Silverado. I really enjoyed watching him play a variety of roles.
I think a good example of that is Glenn Ford in 3:10 to Yuma. We know he is a baddie but he is so personable we cant help but like him.

Randolph Scott was a good baddie,

Forum List

Back