RIP Gavin

90 years is a good run
gavinmcloed.JPG

Happy Haines (McHales Navy)/Capt Merle Stubbing (Love Boat) has left port for the last time.

he had a long career, and some good roles.

RIP
I got all excited when I saw "Gavin" in your title. I thought Newsom was gone. LOL. RIP Capt. Stubbing.
same here,i was about ready to let out a big yahoo!!! in celebration,damn what a downer.:mad::(

Happy Haines (McHales Navy)/Capt Merle Stubbing (Love Boat) has left port for the last time.

he had a long career, and some good roles.

RIP
I got all excited when I saw "Gavin" in your title. I thought Newsom was gone. LOL. RIP Capt. Stubbing.
same here,i was about ready to let out a big yahoo!!! in celebration,damn what a downer.:mad::(

". . .MacLeod died early Saturday, his nephew, Mark See, told Variety. MacLeod’s health had been poor recently but no cause of death was given, the trade publication reported.. . "

:rolleyes:

The love boat -- Vicky was the only one that never got laid.

I always wondered about his looks, but I see that his father was part American Indian, so that explains it. He had several great TV roles.

R.I.P.

90 years is not bad....99 could have been better. RIP Gavin MacLeod.

1622328515055.png

Not just comedy roles I have seen him play thugs and other tough guy characters too. Not sure if the new crop of actors are on the same level as those like Gavin and those like him.

Not just comedy roles I have seen him play thugs and other tough guy characters too. Not sure if the new crop of actors are on the same level as those like Gavin and those like him.

Seem to remember him as a hood in an episode of The Untouchables, in the late 50s.

hmm

he was in 5 episodes.

I haven't had much television since 1996, so I missed all these guest appearances he's been in since the end of Love Boat, which I quit watching when the original activities woman was replaced by that little girl.

Following that series’ nine-season (plus television movies) run, MacLeod continued to be a fixture on television, appearing on multiple episodes of The King of Queens and That 70’s Show, as well as guest spots on Oz, JAG and Murder, She Wrote.
Asner paid tribute to MacLeod Saturday in an interview with Variety. “He made everything easy,” he said of his former co-star. “He was a lovely soul who will make heaven brighter.”
Ed Asner is 91

New Topics

Forum List

Back