RIP Herb Trimpe

UllysesS.Archer

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2014
Most here will not know Herb Trimpe, but you will know many of his creations.

His most notable creation is the mutant code named Wolverine. Yeah, he was a comic book artist. My avatar is his creation, and that is his signature on the cover.

He was and always will be my favorite artist in the comic book industry, and in the world. He had the ability to make the Hulk look like a gentle giant in one panel, and an unstoppable monster in the next. Most comic book experts believe his run on the Incredible Hulk to be among the best runs in any comic book series, ever.

During that run, he created Wolverine, which is really the only reason, the X-Men even survived the 70's. And went on to become a huge franchise on its own.

He didn't make the kind of money that top artists make now. After Marvel declared bankruptcy back in the 90's, he went back to school and became a teacher, to make ends meet.

My hero died earlier this week, and I just heard about it. And I wanted to take a few minutes to tell just a little bit about the man, I will always consider, the greatest artist to ever live.

Herb Trimpe remembered Incredible Hulk artist saluted by Axel Alonso Dan Slott and others Hero Complex movies comics pop culture Los Angeles Times

This may not be the right forum, and if not, I trust it will be placed where it belongs.

Forum List

Back