ROAD TRIP!

I would suggest the Family Truckster

1617150320520.jpeg

I'm gonna' be pretty scarce here for the next several weeks.

I'm driving from northeastern Florida to Boston this weekend. Then, on Monday, I point the car west towards Washington State. I'll be on I-90 the whole way.

So, for the next two weeks or so, I'll be somewhere along the blue line on this map:

View attachment 474362

I'll have to make another route map for the return leg, which is the longest road in the country, US-20, from Newport, Oregon to Boston.

Expected date toa rrive back ion Florida is somewhere between May 5 and May 10...

Make sure to hit the roadside attractions!

fc0a6374-2290-404b-bde7-787e56c429ce-quirky-roadside-twitter.jpg

I'm driving from northeastern Florida to Boston this weekend. Then, on Monday, I point the car west towards Washington State. I'll be on I-90 the whole way.

So, for the next two weeks or so, I'll be somewhere along the blue line on this map:

View attachment 474362

I'll have to make another route map for the return leg, which is the longest road in the country, US-20, from Newport, Oregon to Boston.

Expected date toa rrive back ion Florida is somewhere between May 5 and May 10...

I suggest you take I-70 across Utah through Colorado and then on to KC. The Kansas part is boring as hell, but the section from Salina Utah, through to Denver is among the most beautiful on the planet.

Well, the sole purpose of driving out there is so I can drive the longest road in the country from Newport, Oregon to Boston. I may shake up the route headed west, but headed east it's pretty much set in stone.

I agree with you about the scenery in Utah and Colorado, though...

I think Hwy 50 is close to being the longest, and it is also the Loneliest Road.

US-Highway-50-Nevada-793x526.jpg
I went up to 40 through Amarillo Texas because i had never been in that part of the country. Just before i got in the city i stopped at a Burger King, got 2 whoppers, a large fry and large drink. I hadnt had lunch which was why i was so hungry. About 10 minutes in i saw a sign for 72 ounce steak, eat it in 1 hour and the meal was free.

Home of the 72oz Steak - The Big Texan Steak Ranch

I was so angry that i had just stopped at Burger King..

I went up to 40 through Amarillo Texas because i had never been in that part of the country. Just before i got in the city i stopped at a Burger King, got 2 whoppers, a large fry and large drink. I hadnt had lunch which was why i was so hungry. About 10 minutes in i saw a sign for 72 ounce steak, eat it in 1 hour and the meal was free.

Home of the 72oz Steak - The Big Texan Steak Ranch

I was so angry that i had just stopped at Burger King..

I tried one of those eating challenges back in San Diego several years ago. It was a 32 ounce burger, fries, cole slaw, etc, and you had to eat the whole thing. The shitty thing about it was the burger was on an enormous sourdough bun, and sourdough is ridiculously dense.

I think I ate a little over 1/3 of the burger, all of the cole slaw and most of the fries.

Seriously, it fucked me up for four days...

View attachment 474362

Gumball Rally? You'll need to pick up the pace.
View attachment 474380
Recommended as Adult Entertainment?

Ironic...that was likely one of the most juvenile films ever...

View attachment 474362

Recommend Olympic National Park on the other side of Seattle if you haven't made it there yet.

View attachment 474362

You should look to going just a little bit south and travel I80 through Mercer County, PA- my own domicile. Tremendous area of the country

View attachment 474362

You should look to going just a little bit south and travel I80 through Mercer County, PA- my own domicile. Tremendous area of the country

Appreciate the suggestion, but I have to stay on US-20. That's the whole point of the trip; to drive the longest road in America from one end to the other...

Yep

View attachment 474362

Gumball Rally? You'll need to pick up the pace.
View attachment 474380
Recommended as Adult Entertainment?

Ironic...that was likely one of the most juvenile films ever...
Yep. Pretty juvenile, worthy of a late night watch every 12-15 years, unless tied up with flossing or trimming toe nails.

Forum List

Back