Roots Mini Series

gulfman

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2017
This would be the perfect weekend to show the Roots marathon on tv.It was just a feel good movie.Lots of history,good actors.
5b_Roots_1_4.jpg

This would be the perfect weekend to show the Roots marathon on tv.It was just a feel good movie.Lots of history,good actors.
5b_Roots_1_4.jpg

People aren't going to stay in and watch TV during the 4th of July weekend. They are going to be outside grilling hot dogs and other patriotic meats, drinking Pabst and other patriotic beers, setting off fireworks, etc. Watching a 43 year old TV program about black people really doesn't "fit in", they will be trying to forget their troubles.

It wasn't that good.

The reason why it was so tremendously successful in January 1977 was how frigid it was over so much of the country during its first run. Not only that, in 1977 there really weren't that many choices on TV as there are today.

It wasn't that good.
At the time, it was

It hasn’t aged well

It wasn't that good back then, really. Its just that it didn't have much competition as far as what to watch, or what to do. I remember being in college that January, and walking across the Frozen Tundra. I drank a lot of beer and smoked a lot of grass that term, but I never got better grades, scoring a 4.0. When its below zero, and there are only a few stations on the air during the pre-cable era, it gave a lot of people something to watch. Although not me.

Forum List

Back