Rubio seeks to keep his delegates

Rubio Is Making Unprecedented Bid to Keep His Delegates

So the delegates they were originally reassigning to Trump and Cruz in Alaska are apparently now staying with Rubio.

There's still an outside chance Marco Rubio will be our next president. No way Trump lasts until November....he's already scheming to find a way out without losing face. Cruz is universally reviled and Granny Pants will fake another seizure to avoid being indicted for espionage.

If the rules committee changes the first ballot rules to allow any nomination for those with one state victory, Trump may not be able to hang onto enough delegates to ensure the nomination on the first ballot.

Rubio has 172 delegates. In a somewhat bizarre move he just sent California an affidavit to have his name removed from their primary. I was kind of hoping he'd jump back into that state and do pretty well. In order to hold on to his delegates at the convention he has to be on the first ballot and what he's doing now might prevent that. Looks like the rest of his campaign...pulling in two directions at the same time. :dunno:

Rubio has 172 delegates. In a somewhat bizarre move he just sent California an affidavit to have his name removed from their primary. I was kind of hoping he'd jump back into that state and do pretty well. In order to hold on to his delegates at the convention he has to be on the first ballot and what he's doing now might prevent that. Looks like the rest of his campaign...pulling in two directions at the same time. :dunno:

What does he have to do to have his name on the first ballot?

What does he have to do to have his name on the first ballot?

Nobody knows for sure at this point but I believe Paul Ryan will make those decisions and if that's the case he'll be on the first ballot. If I'm wrong I'll admit it but that's what I've heard so far.

Rubio Is Making Unprecedented Bid to Keep His Delegates

So the delegates they were originally reassigning to Trump and Cruz in Alaska are apparently now staying with Rubio.

He's thinking of being the kingmaker at the convention. Only works if Trump is below the threshold on the first ballot.

I think little Marco is thinking that if the convention is opened up
he will be the nominee.

I think he lost his mind after he got his ass kicked so badly in his home state.
He just can't deal with it.

Fine by me I would still take him or Kasich over Trump or Cruz anytime.

If Trump doesn't break the threshold and the convention goes brokered, you will probably get your wish--------------> Kasich/Rubio, or more than likely, Kasich/Cruz. And I got a buck 3.80 that says Cruz will take the VP to give the GOP the best chance for the GOP to win.

The Convention Rules Committee will create the new rules and regulations before the Convention begins.

What will probably happen, if my sources are correct, is to allow a candidate who has won at least one primary or caucus to be nominated. With floor nominations of Trump, Cruz, Kasich, and Rubio certainly on the first ballot, the big question will be, "can DT get the 1237 delegates that he needs?"

The Convention Rules Committee will create the new rules and regulations before the Convention begins.

What will probably happen, if my sources are correct, is to allow a candidate who has won at least one primary or caucus to be nominated. With floor nominations of Trump, Cruz, Kasich, and Rubio certainly on the first ballot, the big question will be, "can DT get the 1237 delegates that he needs?"

The answer is no.

Which means he will lose because he hasn't been playing the delegates game

Cruz has been so he may be able to win. He will at least be in the game.

I'll throw my name up if if goes Completely. Why not?;)

Forum List

Back