Ruger LCP Max review.......

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Good review of the concealabliity and round capacity of this pistol....anti-gunners......you may want to take a look...this might be the gun for you...

Revolvers are far superior for concealed carry – S&W 442 38 Spl. +P; small and light enough for pocket carry, 100 percent reliable, reasonably priced.

Sometimes you want a gun that can hold more than 5......and a lot of revolvers, to get their small size have to hold 5...as she pointed out, you get 13 in that small pistol....

Revolvers are far superior for concealed carry – S&W 442 38 Spl. +P; small and light enough for pocket carry, 100 percent reliable, reasonably priced.
I sorta agree (I CC a 1970 Colt Cobra w/reload) but it's somewhat location dependent. If I lived farther east toward the DC Metro area or traveled there often then a G19/extra mag would be my choice.

As for J-frames I prefer either a Model 38 or 49 (the old pre-model Bodyguard) or 638/649. I like the shrouded hammer option.

Other than my older KT P-32 I don't have much use for smaller .380/9mm semi-autos.....The KT P-32 has proven both accurate (at "social" distances) and reliable.

I picked-up a Model 49 last week.....I already have a Model 38 and 638. I briefly had a 442 but I did not care for it.....Too spoiled with the hammer option I guess. ;)

BTW, I removed the combat stocks and went with period factory stocks and a Tyler T-Grip.

j 001 (2).JPG

I sorta agree (I CC a 1970 Colt Cobra w/reload) but it's somewhat location dependent. If I lived farther east toward the DC Metro area or traveled there often then a G19/extra mag would be my choice.

As for J-frames I prefer either a Model 38 or 49 (the old pre-model Bodyguard) or 638/649. I like the shrouded hammer option.

Other than my older KT P-32 I don't have much use for smaller .380/9mm semi-autos.....The KT P-32 has proven both accurate (at "social" distances) and reliable.

I picked-up a Model 49 last week.....I already have a Model 38 and 638. I briefly had a 442 but I did not care for it.....Too spoiled with the hammer option I guess. ;)

BTW, I removed the combat stocks and went with period factory stocks and a Tyler T-Grip.

View attachment 582070

Nice!!

Here's my '65 Jack Ruby Special Colt Cobra. It has an alloy frame, so no +P...

cobra.jpg

Nice!!

Here's my '65 Jack Ruby Special Colt Cobra. It has an alloy frame, so no +P...

View attachment 582078

The highlight of the video was when he unveiled the Detective Special. ;)

I'd love to find a shroud for my '61 Colt Cobra (Ruby's was a 1960).....They are hard to find and when you do they are expensive. The last one I saw on eBay was bid-up to around $300.00. The only reason I keep it is that I hope to find a shroud for it someday.

BTW, I have that same holster but in tan.

Ruby's Cobra had Colt brown plastic grips. First time I noticed it.

R.e9d4411cde819604063a516463bc3887

Last edited:
Good review of the concealabliity and round capacity of this pistol....anti-gunners......you may want to take a look...this might be the gun for you...

The security 9 will hold 16 and is very conciliable

Forum List

Back