San Francisco democrats creating crime as shoplifters organize a growing business for shoplifted goods....

San Francisco people fashion themselves as sophisticated, compassionate and intelligent. Their political representatives prove that they're far from that. Confused, spoiled and idiotic more aptly describes them.

I saw that first hand when I worked there.

I would have people complain they were spending $2,500 a month for a small single room loft apartment in the city. Then wonder why I decided to commute over an hour each way to and from work. Well, for less than their $2,500 for a loft, I had a 1,600 square foot 3 bedroom 2.5 bathroom house. That for me was well worth the commute. Where I lived in a more rural area, and even frequently saw deer and wild turkeys in my neighborhood. And did not have to step around human crap and used drug needles other than going to and from work.

The democrat party creates over 95% of our gun crime by releasing violent gun offenders over and over again through democrat party judges and prosecutors in democrat party controlled cities....

Now, through democrat party policies on how much you can steal before you are committing a felony, the democrat party has created a new business model.....go into a store, steal under 900 dollars in goods.....simply walk out....go to another store, repeat....then sell those stolen items

Democrats.....why on earth do people vote for this crime supporting, racist, anti-semitic, anti-asian, violent party..........

This “anything goes” mentality has led to an amazing epidemic of shoplifting. It’s amazing because it’s unheard of anywhere else — even in California — and because it’s become organized.

Thieves enter stores, take whatever they want, and walk out. Store security guards no longer even bother to pursue offenders out of fear that the encounter will become violent. They take as much as the legal limit on retail theft allows. And then they go to another store and do the same thing.

The thieves sell their shoplifted goods in the open in little sidewalk markets.

“Half of Walgreens was on the sidewalk. I’m not kidding,” Ahsha Safaí, a member of the board of supervisors said. “I was blown away. I’ve never seen anything like it in this city.”

According to the San Francisco Chronicle, no fewer than 17 Walgreens Drug Stores have closed in the last 5 years.

So why not confront the criminals?

The problem began in 2014 when Californians approved Proposition 47 that dramatically lowered the fines for shoplifting. But it hasn’t reached epidemic proportions anywhere else in the state except San Fransisco.

Why didn’t anyone else think of hiring “community ambassadors” to stop shoplifting? Brilliant.

Mr. Safai may be ignorant of the solution but he knows the reason for the spike in shoplifting. “If there are no consequences for their actions, then you invite the behavior. Over and over,” he said. So the solution is to remove consequences and invite lawbreaking?

So technically anyone could steal the goods from the person who has already stolen them and not be charged with theft.

This is exactly what will happen.

So in effect they have loss prevention.

Yep, pretty much. While the majority of the thefts are a single person taking $100 or less, the larger cases of ORC more often than not involve crews. Teams of 2-5 or more people all working together. Normally a booster who actually takes the items, one or more people watching for security or actively trying to distract them, sometimes a couple outside waiting to run interference when they exit the store, and a driver waiting in the car.

Here is a great example of one crew I had caught in the past.

Four men and a juvenile were arrested in Vacaville for allegedly stealing about $4,700 worth of Red Bull energy drinks, police said.

The incident happened Saturday evening when witnesses spotted the group at a local grocery store, wheeling out a cart full of the energy drink and loaded the product into a rented U-Haul van, officials said.

The group sped out of the parking lot, running past a stop sign and a red light, police said. A Vacaville officer spotted the van on westbound Interstate 80 and pull the suspects over, taking them into custody.

The following four men were booked into the Solano County Jail:

• Ronnie Yarbrough, 30, of Oakland, was arrested for burglary, possession of stolen property, conspiracy, probation violation and driving with a suspended license.
  • Torn Saelee, 19, of Oakland, was arrested for burglary, possession of stolen property and conspiracy.
  • Jafar Neal, 29, of Oakland, was arrested for burglary, possession of stolen property and conspiracy.
  • Jabari Neal, 29, of Oakland, was arrested for burglary, possession of stolen property and conspiracy.
The fifth suspect was booked into juvenile hall, officials said.

No additional information was released.

Now in this crew, Torn Saelee was the "Booster". Before my team caught him outside Sacramento we had been searching for him for months, where we knew him as the "Asian Red Bull bandit". Hitting a dozen or more stores in a day along some freeway. My team was the first to catch him, and realizing he was from Oakland helped explain his pattern. Hop on a random freeway, then drive down it hitting selected stores close to a freeway exit. Hit a store, then 20 minutes later they would hit another one 20 miles away. Never taking more than $900 in Red Bull. This was probably their fifth hit in that day when they were caught.

The others also took roles. One or two inside watching for us, one or two outside to try and break him out if he got caught, and a final one in the van waiting. That day I had a "heavy team", as me and my partner were training two other agents. The moment we knew who he was we started setting up, and it was four of us stopping him in front of the store. They probably decided it was not worth taking on four of us so the rest of the gang took off.

And as is normal in California, the cops just gave him a ticket and sent him on his way. Where 45 minutes after being released they hit another store on the other side of town. Then an hour later two more in Stockton. And these teams know that even if caught, they will likely just get a slap on the wrist and nothing else. Torn has been in and out of jail multiple times since this incident. Where in most states that would have resulted in a felony Grand Theft and Conspiracy charge. But in California, the DA just shrugs it off and lets them go with little penalty.

Arrest NameTorn Meng Saelee
AddressXXXXXXie st (VERIFIED)
City, StateOakland, CA
RaceNot Available
Hair / EyesBLACK / BROWN
Height / Weight5'-03" / 185 lbs
Arrest Details
Arrested For484(A) - Petty Theft
484-488 - Petty Theft
490.2 - Obtaining property by theft where value exceeds $950
Arrest DateMay 25, 2018

ARREST: Torn Saelee, 22, of Oakland, was stopped in Willits on April 30 at 8:47 p.m. on suspicion of driving while license is suspended/revoked, shoplifting with intent to commit larceny: misdemeanor, petty theft priors merch, false id to police officer, grand theft: money/labor/property and petty theft.

Ukiah is about 100 miles north on the US-101. So even years later he was still doing that.

There are a lot of "booster teams" in California, sometimes entire families with parents, kids, and grandparents all working together. We always went on the highest alert, because more often than not the single person we see has accomplices that we can not see. More than once I had been gang jumped by them. One of the reasons I stopped doing that work was I got tired of being attacked by 3-6 other people and knowing the DA will often not even charge them even if they are caught.

After Torn was caught in that high profile arrest, my company contacted the DA there and gave them our records of over 50 prior thefts by him all over the state. From as far away as Redding, to Fresno. But as he was on the street again no less than two years later, obviously he once again only got a slap on the wrist. Which he is still getting.

Yep, pretty much. While the majority of the thefts are a single person taking $100 or less, the larger cases of ORC more often than not involve crews. Teams of 2-5 or more people all working together. Normally a booster who actually takes the items, one or more people watching for security or actively trying to distract them, sometimes a couple outside waiting to run interference when they exit the store, and a driver waiting in the car.

Here is a great example of one crew I had caught in the past.

Now in this crew, Torn Saelee was the "Booster". Before my team caught him outside Sacramento we had been searching for him for months, where we knew him as the "Asian Red Bull bandit". Hitting a dozen or more stores in a day along some freeway. My team was the first to catch him, and realizing he was from Oakland helped explain his pattern. Hop on a random freeway, then drive down it hitting selected stores close to a freeway exit. Hit a store, then 20 minutes later they would hit another one 20 miles away. Never taking more than $900 in Red Bull. This was probably their fifth hit in that day when they were caught.

The others also took roles. One or two inside watching for us, one or two outside to try and break him out if he got caught, and a final one in the van waiting. That day I had a "heavy team", as me and my partner were training two other agents. The moment we knew who he was we started setting up, and it was four of us stopping him in front of the store. They probably decided it was not worth taking on four of us so the rest of the gang took off.

And as is normal in California, the cops just gave him a ticket and sent him on his way. Where 45 minutes after being released they hit another store on the other side of town. Then an hour later two more in Stockton. And these teams know that even if caught, they will likely just get a slap on the wrist and nothing else. Torn has been in and out of jail multiple times since this incident. Where in most states that would have resulted in a felony Grand Theft and Conspiracy charge. But in California, the DA just shrugs it off and lets them go with little penalty.

Ukiah is about 100 miles north on the US-101. So even years later he was still doing that.

There are a lot of "booster teams" in California, sometimes entire families with parents, kids, and grandparents all working together. We always went on the highest alert, because more often than not the single person we see has accomplices that we can not see. More than once I had been gang jumped by them. One of the reasons I stopped doing that work was I got tired of being attacked by 3-6 other people and knowing the DA will often not even charge them even if they are caught.

After Torn was caught in that high profile arrest, my company contacted the DA there and gave them our records of over 50 prior thefts by him all over the state. From as far away as Redding, to Fresno. But as he was on the street again no less than two years later, obviously he once again only got a slap on the wrist. Which he is still getting.
The businesses will respond by completely abandoning those areas. When there is no longer any place to shop conveniently and when it becomes too difficult to obtain basic groceries for the week the people will follow. The tax base will shrink thus putting more pressure on the remaining taxpayers. As the individual tax burden grows so will the speed of the Exodus.

The thieves themselves will soon be targeted by "super thieves" who specialize in waiting for these dopes when they come out of the store with a bag full of loot. This is inevitable. What will they do then? Call the cops and report a theft? We can safely apply the laws of the jungle here to the democrat construct.

JO
Probably...start carrying pistols, sawed-off shotguns and machetes.

The businesses will respond by completely abandoning those areas. When there is no longer any place to shop conveniently and when it becomes too difficult to obtain basic groceries for the week the people will follow. The tax base will shrink thus putting more pressure on the remaining taxpayers. As the individual tax burden grows so will the speed of the Exodus.

Which is one of the reasons why California has the largest shrinking population of any state, even with the largest number of illegal aliens entering.

Almost all of my family have left that state, including me almost 2 years ago. I used to work in San Francisco itself, and it was already a "food desert", and I hate to imagine what it is like now. And as more and more businesses leave things will only get worse. And we are seeing that they are getting even more brazen, with teams of amateurs hitting stores in groups of 20 at a time.

Forget Detroit, California is where the real setting for Robocop can be now.

The democrat party creates over 95% of our gun crime by releasing violent gun offenders over and over again through democrat party judges and prosecutors in democrat party controlled cities....

Now, through democrat party policies on how much you can steal before you are committing a felony, the democrat party has created a new business model.....go into a store, steal under 900 dollars in goods.....simply walk out....go to another store, repeat....then sell those stolen items

Democrats.....why on earth do people vote for this crime supporting, racist, anti-semitic, anti-asian, violent party..........

This “anything goes” mentality has led to an amazing epidemic of shoplifting. It’s amazing because it’s unheard of anywhere else — even in California — and because it’s become organized.

Thieves enter stores, take whatever they want, and walk out. Store security guards no longer even bother to pursue offenders out of fear that the encounter will become violent. They take as much as the legal limit on retail theft allows. And then they go to another store and do the same thing.

“Half of Walgreens was on the sidewalk. I’m not kidding,” Ahsha Safaí, a member of the board of supervisors said. “I was blown away. I’ve never seen anything like it in this city.”

According to the San Francisco Chronicle, no fewer than 17 Walgreens Drug Stores have closed in the last 5 years.

The problem began in 2014 when Californians approved Proposition 47 that dramatically lowered the fines for shoplifting. But it hasn’t reached epidemic proportions anywhere else in the state except San Fransisco.

Why didn’t anyone else think of hiring “community ambassadors” to stop shoplifting? Brilliant.

Mr. Safai may be ignorant of the solution but he knows the reason for the spike in shoplifting. “If there are no consequences for their actions, then you invite the behavior. Over and over,” he said. So the solution is to remove consequences and invite lawbreaking?

So what happens when someone walks up to the street vendors and steals from them?

So what happens when someone walks up to the street vendors and steals from them?

Pretty much nothing.

Unless that is they belong to a "group" that they pay for protection.

I know about 20 years ago that was common in LA. The street vendors generally had to pay a gang to work in their area. However, it was not just a shakedown, as if somebody tried to steal from them the gang themselves would go after them.

Smart shoppers know anything on the street is worth 1/3 retail

I'm just sayin

Forum List

Back