Satellite technology that can help us preserve environment on Earth

teodor88

May 12, 2021
Have you heard about a special type of microsatellites that can observe environmental changes like sea level or melting of glaciers? With the help of that technology, scientists can approach the solution how to avoid global warming. Moreover, there is even a special type of sats that can track rare species of animals to prevent them from being killed by poachers.

Moreover, there is even a special type of sats that can track rare species of animals

What kind of voyeuristic pervert spies on animals?

25728530708_f1776bf12f_b.jpg

Have you heard about a special type of microsatellites that can observe environmental changes like sea level or melting of glaciers? With the help of that technology, scientists can approach the solution how to avoid global warming. Moreover, there is even a special type of sats that can track rare species of animals to prevent them from being killed by poachers.
How do they work? We already have plenty of satellites up there.

For instance, those satellites that can track rare species of animals use special image capturing technology. Aster images have been captured, they are sent to scientists who track particular species of animals. You can readread more here about this satellite technology.

For instance, those satellites that can track rare species of animals use special image capturing technology. Aster images have been captured, they are sent to scientists who track particular species of animals. You can readread more here about this satellite technology.
Not really a satellite technology so much as AI that can be used with any imagery.

FYI: In my county they released a bunch of small drones to fly the entire county to collect deer population info.

Not really a satellite technology so much as AI that can be used with any imagery.

FYI: In my county they released a bunch of small drones to fly the entire county to collect deer population info.
Yeah, that's a good method too. But the usage of microsats would be more efficient. I guess the usage of satellite technology covers bigger territory than drones do. However, satellite technology is more expensive than drones

Is that like the stupid NASA satellites that suppose to monitor ocean temperature but can only be calibrated to within 4F but yet claim they can detect .5F changes?

Is that like the stupid NASA satellites that suppose to monitor ocean temperature but can only be calibrated to within 4F but yet claim they can detect .5F changes?
I don`t think that these satellites are stupid. They actually work and they are very useful in particular areas like those I`ve mentioned earlier

I don`t think that these satellites are stupid. They actually work and they are very useful in particular areas like those I`ve mentioned earlier
You're wasting your words, some people think there is more truth in politics than science. :dunno:

NASA has been caught red handed fabricating climate data. So has NOAA. They have lost their credibility.

NASA has been caught red handed fabricating climate data. So has NOAA. They have lost their credibility.
Probably you are right, but not only NASA manufactures and launches microsatellites. There are different space companies all around the world that do that and those microsats make their work well

Probably you are right, but not only NASA manufactures and launches microsatellites. There are different space companies all around the world that do that and those microsats make their work well

It is not about who launches the satellites. It is about who interprets the data and then reports it.

We have too many examples of scientists lying about climate data.

That is why they are sending two missions to Venus. Venus has the whole global warming thing going. We will be convinced that we need to be taxed globally for our climate change on this also. NASA has stopped two other unmanned missions for this. The playbook is so obvious.

Again, who has determined that Earth is at it's perfect climate and no deviation no matter the expense must be spent to keep the planet at this particular point?
This has been a tropical world to an ice covered world in a cyclical pattern for millions of years.
The climate changing is just that, a change, not a global catastrophe. Some species benefit while others may not. Adapt or die is exactly how evolution works. The last warming period directly benefited humans.
Trying hard to see the downside of more shipping lanes open, more land available for food production for an increasing world population, a less miserable winter season in the northern hemisphere and Palm Trees on Lake Superior.
So a few liberal urban shitholes go the way of Atlantis,

Again, not seeing the downside.

It is not about who launches the satellites. It is about who interprets the data and then reports it.

We have too many examples of scientists lying about climate data.
I guess most of these satellites are used on purpose like the data they collect. We are not taking into consideration satellites launched by NASA. There are many companies that manufacture and launch different types of sats and microsatellites.

Even if that were true (it isn't), the solution is easy: just collect a lot of data points, using several, distinct instruments. Simple, mathematical, forcing solution.

I think NASA should focus on space exploration missions while mission-related food supply, maintenance transporting astronauts, and deploying satellites must be given to private companies
this would help in cost reduction and we would able to do more space exploration

I guess that NASA has some more important work to be done than launching microsats to the orbit. Probably now when NASA is planning to launch 2 missions to Venus, they will leave the idea of deploying microsats

Forum List

Back