Seahawks SUCK !!!!

My bad.....sometimes I still live like it was 20 years ago

Still, a Superbowl in the Meadowlands will not be kind to the SeaHawks. The weather dictates your game strategy. It is not the cold or the snow but the wind. With the coin flip you do not decide if you want the ball, you decide when you want the wind.
Teams will call timeout at the end of a quarter so that they will have the wind when they kick. The wind will blow balls into the ground. You will only be able to score in the two quarters you have the wind with you

The SeaHawks will have a chance to play in the Meadowlands in December. They will get a chance to see what conditions are like. But the Superbowl will be interesting as the weather conditions will play a big role

The wind will blow balls into the ground

I just HATE it when the wind blows my balls into the ground. :eek:

I have been a Giants fan for 50 years. When the winds kick up in November-January they whip around the stadium and those nice little screen passes end up at the receivers feet. Punts get knocked down to 30-40 yards. Field goals over 35 yards are a chance. It will be a unique SuperBowl, you have two quarters to score in

As much as I have confidense in this season's Seahawks I really don't think that much about the Superbowl.

The last Hawk team to play the STEALers in the SB wasn't anywhere near the overall quality of player by position that this club is. Hasslebeck played in a Northern outdoor stadium also. Our receivers dropped more balls than they caught. Wilson is just a better QB even as a Rookie and now a soph than Matt ever was. Our recievers seldom drop a ball within reach. In Atlanta I think Wilson chucked the rock around 25 times and had just under three hundred yards. Russell gets more yards out of fewer tosses than any QB I can think of in the game today.

Then there is Marshawn Lynch. He is easily in the top three of punishing RBs in the NFL right now. Seattle is as we know a "run first" team.

Wilson has the legs to run for a first down on just about any play he chooses. I can't help but think that Carroll is holding Wilson back this season on the running option so he can use it late in the season and playoffs when our opposition isn't really looking for it or game planned for it.

We have only two more away games... The Giants and SF. As good as N O is at home they are a different team on the road and barring some crazy injuries I don't see the Hawks losing at home this season including the playoffs.

A 15-1 season isn't a pipe dream. It is more likely than not.

There isn't an AFC team that scares me if we make it to the SB. Not one. Manning can't hang with the Hawk D and KC can't trade scores with Wilson. The team I would actually LOVE to play in a SB is a rematch with the Colts. Carolina is coming on too though but we already have thier number.

This week we are hosting the magnificent Vikings. I'm not sure even they know who will be taking snaps. It will be fun to watch one of the best RBs in NFL history in Adrian Peterson..

I have been a Giants fan for 50 years. When the winds kick up in November-January they whip around the stadium and those nice little screen passes end up at the receivers feet. Punts get knocked down to 30-40 yards. Field goals over 35 yards are a chance. It will be a unique SuperBowl, you have two quarters to score in

As much as I have confidense in this season's Seahawks I really don't think that much about the Superbowl.

The last Hawk team to play the STEALers in the SB wasn't anywhere near the overall quality of player by position that this club is. Hasslebeck played in a Northern outdoor stadium also. Our receivers dropped more balls than they caught. Wilson is just a better QB even as a Rookie and now a soph than Matt ever was. Our recievers seldom drop a ball within reach. In Atlanta I think Wilson chucked the rock around 25 times and had just under three hundred yards. Russell gets more yards out of fewer tosses than any QB I can think of in the game today.

Then there is Marshawn Lynch. He is easily in the top three of punishing RBs in the NFL right now. Seattle is as we know a "run first" team.

Wilson has the legs to run for a first down on just about any play he chooses. I can't help but think that Carroll is holding Wilson back this season on the running option so he can use it late in the season and playoffs when our opposition isn't really looking for it or game planned for it.

We have only two more away games... The Giants and SF. As good as N O is at home they are a different team on the road and barring some crazy injuries I don't see the Hawks losing at home this season including the playoffs.

There isn't an AFC team that scares me if we make it to the SB. Not one. Manning can't hang with the Hawk D and KC can't trade scores with Wilson. The team I would actually LOVE to play in a SB is a rematch with the Colts. Carolina is coming on too though but we already have thier number.

This week we are hosting the magnificent Vikings. I'm not sure even they know who will be taking snaps. It will be fun to watch one of the best RBs in NFL history in Adrian Peterson..

Wilson is currently tied for 6th among quarterbacks with at least 100 attempts in passing yards average, at 8.3.
NFL Stats: by Player Category

Green Bay is the only team to have fewer dropped passes this season (7 for GB, 8 for Seattle) so you have a good point there. I can't find stats for dropped passes in 2005 and I'm not going to spend a lot of time looking lol.

Wilson is currently tied for 6th among quarterbacks with at least 100 attempts in passing yards average, at 8.3.

Green Bay is the only team to have fewer dropped passes this season (7 for GB, 8 for Seattle) so you have a good point there. I can't find stats for dropped passes in 2005 and I'm not going to spend a lot of time looking lol.

Pass receptions and attempted receptions stats can get complicated real fast. For one thing..there are defensed passes by the DBs and others on defense which happens probably more than dropped balls.

When looking at the numbers to isolate EFFICIENCY throw aways.. TO spikes and just plain uncatchable balls have to be factored in.

I get worn out hearing that Wilson isn't THAT good a QB because his yards are usually much lower than a Manning or Brees. I would like to see a pure pass efficiency catagory in the stats.

Pass receptions and attempted receptions stats can get complicated real fast. For one thing..there are defensed passes by the DBs and others on defense which happens probably more than dropped balls.

When looking at the numbers to isolate EFFICIENCY throw aways.. TO spikes and just plain uncatchable balls have to be factored in.

I get worn out hearing that Wilson isn't THAT good a QB because his yards are usually much lower than a Manning or Brees. I would like to see a pure pass efficiency catagory in the stats.

Manning and Brees are superior to Wilson, but a lot of that has to do with experience. Wilson is obviously a better runner. Is he as strong a leader? Almost impossible to say. Will he end up as able to read defenses and run the offense as those two? Again, almost impossible to say.

For a qb in his second year, Wilson is playing great.

Manning and Brees are superior to Wilson, but a lot of that has to do with experience. Wilson is obviously a better runner. Is he as strong a leader? Almost impossible to say. Will he end up as able to read defenses and run the offense as those two? Again, almost impossible to say.

Wilson needs to win two more games to tie the record for wins of any QB with two(rookie and soph) complete seasons in the NFL. It is highly likely he will own that record at the end of the regular season. It is highly unlikely that Wilson will ever hold passing records in the mold of Marino or Manning in that Seattle is a run first team and as long as Carrol is the coach that will not change. For Wilson to ever have the opportunity to make enough of a dent in impact in the NFL to be considered for a slot in the HOF he will have to do it in reg season and super bowl wins. With his and the Seahawk's style of play he will probably have to own at least three SB rings to ever be considered a "great" QB. Wilson is also short for a modern day QB and that will work against him until the day he hangs up his cleats.

Wilson needs to win two more games to tie the record for wins of any QB with two(rookie and soph) complete seasons in the NFL. It is highly likely he will own that record at the end of the regular season. It is highly unlikely that Wilson will ever hold passing records in the mold of Marino or Manning in that Seattle is a run first team and as long as Carrol is the coach that will not change. For Wilson to ever have the opportunity to make enough of a dent in impact in the NFL to be considered for a slot in the HOF he will have to do it in reg season and super bowl wins. With his and the Seahawk's style of play he will probably have to own at least three SB rings to ever be considered a "great" QB. Wilson is also short for a modern day QB and that will work against him until the day he hangs up his cleats.

Brees is a 'short' qb.

3 SB wins is probably too much. Wilson could get in with less given a successful career.

That's all completely meaningless speculation, though. For all we know, the Seahawks will end up as a pass-first team in a few years. It's not impossible to imagine, what with the salary cap and free agency, or possibly injuries or changes through the draft.

It is important to remember in who's hands the success of the Seahawks really lays.

marshawn-lynch-hold-my-dick.jpeg

The Niners just have got to finish more drives with touchdowns. It's been a problem for a long time now, they go down the field and settle for field goals. Losing 10-9 at home? :(

That Panthers defense though.....damn. They are having one hell of a year. Only the Chiefs give up fewer points per game, and that's a difference of 4 points more the Panthers have given up this year.

Seattle had better win the West now that they have a 2 game lead and currently hold the tiebreak over the Niners.

The fill in players on our O-Line played well today. Like I have said in previous weeks when Wilson has time to go through his reads and check downs the dude is friggin amazing. Today he had time and the results were obvious. Marshawn Lynch was also the beneficiary of better line play. He had holes to run through for a change and his 145 yards is clear evidense of that line blocking improvement.

Next up...we have the Vikings coming to Seattle next week. We should have all our starters in the O-line back plus Percy Harvin to feature in his first game as a Seahawk. There are no gaurantees but ...yes it looks good for the Hawks to win the West and probably the NFC home game advantage for the playoffs.

Your 9ers had better shake this loss off and get thier heads right because the Rams and Cards are not THAT far behind you. It isn't inconceivable that you lose to Seattle at home and NO in thier house. The Rams showed today that they can play with anyone right now. Thank GAWD we beat them away this season and only have to see em both in the CLink later in the season. I still can't believe the Rams friggin BLEW out the Colts in Indy today.

Damn me either.the colts must have thought they could just show up and win this game,thats the only thing that makes any sense why they made so many mental mistakes and were not sharp at all is they took them lightly.the Lambs seem to be a better team offensively now with bradford on the bench.

Looks like they have a quarterback controversy for next season.:lol:

yeah thank god are rematch against them is in seattle because they always cause us problems and i dont think we could beat them if we had to go on the road and play them there when they are only going to get better and better on offense while their backup QB learns and becomes more familiar with the offense week after week.

I don't see why this Seahawk team should not make the Superbowl. Especially with homefield advantage

But the Superbowl? Leaving that nice cozy dome with your adoring fans for a windy, freezing Meadowlands on a February night

Are You Crazy !!!! ?????

Who got the "nice cozy dome" ??? The CLink is an open air stadium. Fans get rained on...snowed on ... beer spilt on em.. they get thier ear drums blowed out.

My bad.....sometimes I still live like it was 20 years ago

Still, a Superbowl in the Meadowlands will not be kind to the SeaHawks. The weather dictates your game strategy. It is not the cold or the snow but the wind. With the coin flip you do not decide if you want the ball, you decide when you want the wind.
Teams will call timeout at the end of a quarter so that they will have the wind when they kick. The wind will blow balls into the ground. You will only be able to score in the two quarters you have the wind with you

The SeaHawks will have a chance to play in the Meadowlands in December. They will get a chance to see what conditions are like. But the Superbowl will be interesting as the weather conditions will play a big role

Oh yeah,that gives them the advantage remembering what the winds will be like when they go there.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Yeah thats why I dont see any of the AFC teams having a prayer against the Hawks in the superbowl.Manning will have nightmares facing this Hawks D.Just look what happened to him last week against my chargers.They knocked him around and left him hurting limping off the field at the end.:lol: Imigine what your Hawks will do to him.:lol:

Yeah and the chiefs offense can hardly trade points with them. That would be great if they got to have a rematch with the colts because they more than anybody would be affected by the cold weather and it wouldnt even be close this time cause of that.

with them losing to the rams i think they pretty much sealed their doom getting to the playoffs though.I dont see them going into denver winning there.However there is one team you are overlooking from the AFC.that is the patriots.the broncos have to go play them in a couple weeks in in boston and the chiefs may put a hurt on him as well that he may be so hobbled he may not be able to play so dont count out the patriots just yet especially since manning is already playing hurt with a sprained ankle.

Yeah thats why I dont see any of the AFC teams having a prayer against the Hawks in the superbowl.Manning will have nightmares facing this Hawks D.Just look what happened to him last week against my chargers.They knocked him around and left him hurting limping off the field at the end.:lol: Imigine what your Hawks will do to him.:lol:

Yeah and the chiefs offense can hardly trade points with them. That would be great if they got to have a rematch with the colts because they more than anybody would be affected by the cold weather and it wouldnt even be close this time cause of that.

with them losing to the rams i think they pretty much sealed their doom getting to the playoffs though.I dont see them going into denver winning there.However there is one team you are overlooking from the AFC.that is the patriots.the broncos have to go play them in a couple weeks in in boston and the chiefs may put a hurt on him as well that he may be so hobbled he may not be able to play so dont count out the patriots just yet especially since manning is already playing hurt with a sprained ankle.

I think the Pats and Chiefs both could pose problems for the Seahawks.

Admittedly, the Chiefs haven't had the hardest schedule, but they have the best defense in the NFL halfway through. They don't need to 'trade points' because they give up so few. Add in the fact that the Seahawks have surprisingly given up big rushing games this year and you have a recipe for the Chiefs to win. They have one of the best running games and defenses. Very much along the lines of the Hawks and Niners.

The Pats are surprisingly similar as well. Their defense is playing quite well this year and their running game has been strong. Sure, they use a committee running back approach, but they grind out the yards consistently. With Vereen getting healthy, they will have a full stable of backs if they avoid more injury. With Gronkowski back, and of course having Brady, the passing game is always a threat.

Admittedly, the Chiefs haven't had the hardest schedule, but they have the best defense in the NFL halfway through. They don't need to 'trade points' because they give up so few. Add in the fact that the Seahawks have surprisingly given up big rushing games this year and you have a recipe for the Chiefs to win. They have one of the best running games and defenses. Very much along the lines of the Hawks and Niners.

The Pats are surprisingly similar as well. Their defense is playing quite well this year and their running game has been strong. Sure, they use a committee running back approach, but they grind out the yards consistently. With Vereen getting healthy, they will have a full stable of backs if they avoid more injury. With Gronkowski back, and of course having Brady, the passing game is always a threat.

but they have the best defense in the NFL halfway through

They have the best defense against only teams with less than .500 winning percentage. Lets see how the KC defense fares against the Broncos. If they can hold Denver to 21 points annd win the game scoring say...24 then I will lighten up on criticizing Cheep defense. Ubtil they can hold back the scoring of a winning club I have my doubts.

Seattle held 7-2 SF to 3 points. THAT is a good defense. Held Carolina to 7. The FABULOUS :lol: Falcons to 10

They have the best defense against only teams with less than .500 winning percentage. Lets see how the KC defense fares against the Broncos. If they can hold Denver to 21 points annd win the game scoring say...24 then I will lighten up on criticizing Cheep defense. Ubtil they can hold back the scoring of a winning club I have my doubts.

Seattle held 7-2 SF to 3 points. THAT is a good defense. Held Carolina to 7. The FABULOUS :lol: Falcons to 10

I'm not saying KC or NE would win, but they have the kinds of teams that could certainly do it.

yeah the cheaps when they get to the playoffs this year,they will revert back to their days of when marty shittenheimer was here.One and done.They got to be the worst undefeated team in NFL history I have ever seen.

The Bucs as we discussed earlier,are not anywhere near as horrible a team as their record indicates.The Cheaps arent anywhere near as GOOD a team as their record indicates.

This is the first team they have faced all year long that is not a creampuff.assuming Manning is able to play the whole game,expect the cheaps true colors to emerge,that they can play with the big boys.

They may hold the broncos to maybe 10 points in the first half,but by the second half,Manning will make his adjustments and they should win the game by a couple of touchdowns. yeah if they can score 21 points or more against the donkeys up in denver and hold the broncos to 24 points or less,I'll be impressed with them.

so far they havent faced any REAL quarterback.the two best ones they have faced are Manning and Aikman.In years past had they beat Eli Manning and beat them up like they did this year i would be impressed,but pick 6 Manning is looking like a QB who just got out of high school and is making his first start in college this year.

Aikman has always been inconsistant.I have said many times over the years I hope the cowboys keep him forever cause he'll never take them to the superbowl.He painics in big games.that game against the broncos with his last minute pick sums up his entire career.

The Pats WOULD be the one team that would worry me in the superbowl.The Hawks had to come from 2 touchdowns down last year to beat them and that was in seattle.On a neatral fied who knows what happens.and Tom Brady may just even be better than Joe Montana as the second greatest QB of all time after Johnny Unitas which pains me to say that since Montana is my favorite QB of all time.

Absolute RUBBISH !!!

Check THIS out... I don't think that the Hawks will BLOW OUT the Falcons on Sunday. I'm real sure that the Seahawks will win.. maybe by as much as two TDs. The first half should be close then Seattle will pull away in the second half to a COMFORTABLE win.

Seattle STILL has the O-Line issues it has had for the last 7 games.. with the exception that the 2nd stringers NOW have more experience and should play better than they did earlier on. They still won't have the GREAT protection for Wilson. They still won't have the dump truck sized holes for Lynch to pop through. BUT they won't let Wilson take the beating he took two weeks ago either. They will open ENOUGH holes for Lynch to have a good game.

I wouldn't be expecting any for real blow outs until the team comes back after the bye. THEN all bets are off. We should see some crazy high scores in three weeks right on through the playoffs and in the Superbowl.

wow you dont know just how bad these falcons are Huggy.I had way more faith in the Hawks blowing them out than you did obviously.:lol: this game was long over BEFORE halftime,it was over after the first quarter just like I knew it would be.:D

I told you it was going to be a blowout.If 33 to 10 doesnt count as a blowout then thats news to me.:lol: anytime you lose by 3 touchdowns or more i consider a blowout.:lol:

You were wrong just like I knew you would be.Lynch looked to me like he had truck sized holes to pop through most the game.:lmao: wilson had so much great protection he was able to take the time to catch a flee flciker and throw it for a touchdown.that was sweet. Its pretty easy to do with a apthetic defense liek the falcons have.

I keep telling you over and over,the falcons have pretty much the worse defense in the league :cuckoo:e and always have the last few years which is why they will never get to the superbowl as long as they keep that defensive coodinater.:lol::lol::lol:

when you got journeymen quarterbacks like now released Josh Freeman scoring over 30 points a game against you game after game,it doesnt take someone knowledable about football to see that they have a pathetic defensive coordinater that doesnt know what he is doing.:lmao::lmao::cuckoo:

Put someone like wade phillips or bob sutton the chiefs defensive coordinater in atlanta,and I guantee you,that would be a team to be reckoned with.

also I think you misunderstood what I said.I acknowledge that the Hawks not having their 3 starters on offense in the lineup is why they struggled against teams like the Bucs and the Lambs because again,the Lambs ALWAYS cause the Hawks problems and the bucs are a much better team than what their record indicates.they are a promising team on the rise so it did not worry me that they struggled against THOSE teams.

I said if they struggled aginst THIS team the falcons,then they are just pretenders and not superbowl contenders because again,the falcons not only have a non existant defense-something they have never had ever since Mike smith got there,but they have a non existant running game as well so if the Hawks had struggled against THIS pathetic team who IS as bad as their record indicates,injury excuses would not cut it anymore.However they DIDN'T struggle against this team,so they ARE superbowl contenders.

even if you are missing starters on offense,you cant afford to not a blowout a crappy team like the falcons who have no defense and a non existant running game.The Hawks realised that and they made a statement they are for real.That they will blowout the teams from here on out they are expected to like the Falcons.

same thing will happen to the vikings who also have a non existant running game or defense which will bite them just like it did the falcons.

Last edited:
4 of the Hawks last 6 games are at home.after this game,they get a bye week and get some R AND R in and get to refocus and lick their wounds and gear up for the playoffs at home.this is their year baby.It was mean to be.I mean Bradford getting hurt at the right time and everything,thwe cards have been falling into place for Hawks all year long.It was meant to be their destiny this year.:banana:

4 of the Hawks last 6 games are at home.after this game,they get a bye week and get some R AND R in and get to refocus and lick their wounds and gear up for the playoffs at home.this is their year baby.It was mean to be.I mean Bradford getting hurt at the right time and everything,thwe cards have been falling into place for Hawks all year long.It was meant to be their destiny this year.:banana:

refocus and lick their wounds

That's an odd saying when ya think about it. If you had a wound the last thing you would want to do is spread germs from your mouth to it.

That's an odd saying when ya think about it. If you had a wound the last thing you would want to do is spread germs from your mouth to it.

LOL, I'm pretty sure it comes from animals licking their wounds. :lol:

Well now that Harvin has had over a year to lick his butt/hip I hope he is ready to get out on the field and dazzle.

OOORRrrrrrr.... will he turn out to be another Brian Bosworth ???

He says all the right things... No claims that he beat up his own sister... That's a better start than the "Boz" had.

Well now that Harvin has had over a year to lick his butt/hip I hope he is ready to get out on the field and dazzle.

OOORRrrrrrr.... will he turn out to be another Brian Bosworth ???

He says all the right things... No claims that he beat up his own sister... That's a better start than the "Boz" had.

Over a year? I thought he had his surgery after he became a Hawk....

Everything I've read has him playing today, although on a limited snap count. The consensus seems to be that today's game will be an evaluation, then they have the bye week to make sure he's ready for week 13.

Forum List

Back