Seahawks SUCK !!!!

I knew the Seahawks wouldn't win once they got into that two minute drill. Running QB's are at a severe disadvantage once they have to start relying heavily upon their arm.

Wilson is NOT a 'running quarterback'. He is a quarterback who can run. He's definitely a pass-first guy.

Is that why Pete Carroll encourages Wilson to run any chance he gets and why the big play in that drive was a 22 yard run while the game ended on an interception? Or why Wilson is averaging under 200 ypg throwing through five games; even despite his first and only 300 yard passing game during the season opener?

I knew the Seahawks wouldn't win once they got into that two minute drill. Running QB's are at a severe disadvantage once they have to start relying heavily upon their arm.

Wilson is NOT a 'running quarterback'. He is a quarterback who can run. He's definitely a pass-first guy.

I agree that's how Carroll and Bevell draw it up. Lately with our O-line woes Wilson hasn't had the time to get much past his first read before he is forced to scamper. If Wilson had a reasonable amount of time ..yes he would much rather get the ball to our real playmakers than run out of a busted pass protection. With our O-line injuries any QB that doesn't have Wilson's wheels would have got the snot knocked out of him. It just isn't as evident how bad our line is because Wilson is such a ninja at escaping trouble when he has to.

Is that why Pete Carroll encourages Wilson to run any chance he gets and why the big play in that drive was a 22 yard run while the game ended on an interception? Or why Wilson is averaging under 200 ypg throwing through five games; even despite his first and only 300 yard passing game during the season opener?

What I've seen of the Seahawks playing this year, Wilson has ended up running because the passing game has been going nowhere. And a lot of that has occurred later in the game.

If Wilson were a run first QB, why would Carroll need to encourage him to run? :confused:

What I've seen of the Seahawks playing this year, Wilson has ended up running because the passing game has been going nowhere. And a lot of that has occurred later in the game.

If Wilson were a run first QB, why would Carroll need to encourage him to run? :confused:

It's simple. The Seattle Seahawks cannot win on the road.

Two more games and Percy Harvin can suit up.

Just sayin...:eusa_whistle:

He claims he is healthy enough and recovered from his hip surgery to play now. Percy was rehabbing in New York but now he is back with the team and working out. Legally he is prohibited from playing for the first seven games. It looks like he will hit the ground running in game 8.

He claims he is healthy enough and recovered from his hip surgery to play now. Percy was rehabbing in New York but now he is back with the team and working out. Legally he is prohibited from playing for the first seven games. It looks like he will hit the ground running in game 8.

I hope he doesn't try to play before he's ready. I like Harvin, I don't want him to aggravate things trying to rush back. If he's healthy and good to go, great! Just don't rush it and screw things up, Harvin! You've had enough injury trouble in your career already!

I hope he doesn't try to play before he's ready. I like Harvin, I don't want him to aggravate things trying to rush back. If he's healthy and good to go, great! Just don't rush it and screw things up, Harvin! You've had enough injury trouble in your career already!

The recievers won't be expected to get much done until the Hawks O-line gets healthy. I don't see Russell Okung the all pro left tackle playing for another three weeks..or more. I'm having a hard time finding an expected return date. Okung recieved a big toe placial planter ligiment injury week two. Now I just did a Google on the injury and the player can return three weeks after the injury. So the Seahawks O-line should be up to nearly full strength within a couple of weeks at worst.

It isn't just Harvin the Seahawks are looking forward to "returning" to actve status. Our highest paid reciever is Sidney Rice has caught only ten catches so far this season.

The team has been operating on smoke and mirrors for the last three weeks on offense. Ya we have a great stable of RBs to keep up appearances and the magical Russell Wilson that can turn shit into shinola when things break down but the League hasn't seen anywhere near what the Hawks are capable of on offense in thier 4-1 start.

I am counting my lucky stars that the Hawks don't have SFs problems on Offense. At least we have a strong contingent of recievers once Wilson has time to get them the ball. What's the deal with the 9ers passing game? You guys gained over 400 yards against GB THEN somebody pulled the plug...or the rug out from under your recieving corps. Currently SF is 31st in the league in passing. We are like 16th. What does SF have to do to bring up thier Passing?

Last edited:

The recievers won't be expected to get much done until the Hawks O-line gets healthy. I don't see Russell Okung the all pro left tackle playing for another three weeks..or more. I'm having a hard time finding an expected return date. Okung recieved a big toe placial planter ligiment injury week two. Now I just did a Google on the injury and the player can return three weeks after the injury. So the Seahawks O-line should be up to nearly full strength within a couple of weeks at worst.

It isn't just Harvin the Seahawks are looking forward to "returning" to actve status. Our highest paid reciever is Sidney Rice has caught only ten catches so far this season.

The team has been operating on smoke and mirrors for the last three weeks on offense. Ya we have a great stable of RBs to keep up appearances and the magical Russell Wilson that can turn shit into shinola when things break down but the League hasn't seen anywhere near what the Hawks are capable of on offense in thier 4-1 start.

I am counting my lucky stars that the Hawks don't have SFs problems on Offense. At least we have a strong contingent of recievers once Wilson has time to get them the ball. What's the deal with the 9ers passing game? You guys gained over 400 yards against GB THEN somebody pulled the plug...or the rug out from under your recieving corps. Currently SF is 31st in the league in passing. We are like 16th. What does SF have to do to bring up thier Passing?

SF needs better play from their receivers. They need better play from Kaepernick, too, but I think if he had someone he trusted to throw to other than Boldin it might let him play better.

For whatever reason, Kaep and Vernon Davis don't seem to have the best chemistry. Davis doesn't get the ball nearly as much as I think he should be. I don't know, maybe the offense needs to be gone over, new routes and formations worked on, whatever. But at the moment Boldin is the only threat teams concern themselves with most of the time.

Baldwin has looked decent since they got him in the KC trade, maybe he can finally live up to a little of his potential. Certainly if Manningham and Crabtree are able to come back and play this year it will help. But between Kaepernick having sophomore slump issues, lack of quality at the receiver position, and some issues with getting a good mix of playcalling between run and pass, the Niners have just been off on offense so far.

Luckily the team IS built around defense and the run game. It may be as simple as a desire to use Kaepernick's abilities too much. They may have focused on him more than they should have.

Seattle has had some of the same issues, but they have been more consistent with the running game. And Seattle's injury issues have been in different areas offensively.

SF needs better play from their receivers. They need better play from Kaepernick, too, but I think if he had someone he trusted to throw to other than Boldin it might let him play better.

For whatever reason, Kaep and Vernon Davis don't seem to have the best chemistry. Davis doesn't get the ball nearly as much as I think he should be. I don't know, maybe the offense needs to be gone over, new routes and formations worked on, whatever. But at the moment Boldin is the only threat teams concern themselves with most of the time.

Baldwin has looked decent since they got him in the KC trade, maybe he can finally live up to a little of his potential. Certainly if Manningham and Crabtree are able to come back and play this year it will help. But between Kaepernick having sophomore slump issues, lack of quality at the receiver position, and some issues with getting a good mix of playcalling between run and pass, the Niners have just been off on offense so far.

Luckily the team IS built around defense and the run game. It may be as simple as a desire to use Kaepernick's abilities too much. They may have focused on him more than they should have.

Seattle has had some of the same issues, but they have been more consistent with the running game. And Seattle's injury issues have been in different areas offensively.

Here's hoping that both of our teams are up to full strength and firing on all cylinders December 8th when the Hawks roll into Candlestick. In all probability that game will be make or break for the 49ers to make the playoffs most certainly any realistic chance to repeat NFC West. Seattle has one of if not the easiest schedules over the next 6 games. SF has what should be 4 easy games then NO in NO and the Redskins in Washington. You will probably lose in O'leans. I would like to see a competitive game with SF. It would be great to see Crabtree back on the field. That would take much of the preasure off of Boldin.

I would really like to see the 9ers come back up to the CLink in the playoffs. You guys will likely get a wild card if you only lose three more games. with the exceptions of possibly NO in the Clink and in SF It is doubtfull Seattle will lose more than two more games in the regular season. If that is true SF will have to win thruout the rest of the regular season to win the West.

As far as the NFC is concerned it is important to Seattle for Brady to have a good day against New Orleans this weekend. The Pats are at home where they rarely lose. If the Pats prevail it opens up the NFC to a horse race and makes the NO game in Seattle HUGE!

Not convincingly anyways.they have still yet to get over that hump that they can do it in convincing fashion like the niners did it when they had Joe.

I thought their comeback win in Chicago was the turning point, but this year, Seattle and the road are still a problem.

Not convincingly anyways.they have still yet to get over that hump that they can do it in convincing fashion like the niners did it when they had Joe.

Winning ANY game with 4 out of your 6 starting pass protection blockers including a pro bowler and an all pro is somewhat of a challenge. Winning away games with a full compliment of your team healthy is usually a challenge.

Considering the reality of starting the majority of the first string pass blockers on the bench it is a miracle the Seahawks won in Houston.

I have no concern about the Seahawks chances to win any game with any team in any stadium when the team is healthy again.

Before we indulge in stupid comparrisons to times past with players and coaches that are no longer Seahawks let's see how Seattle does in Arizona and St Louis.

If The Hawks lose one or both of those matchups we can start to speculate the Seahawks ability to win on the road with the present team.

Two plays cost the Seahawks 15 points and a blowout at Indy. Those kinds of wacky situations that rarely occur in any game and certainly not tied to home or away pressures and almost never to a Seahawk team. If the officials had correctly called the recovered punt a TD instead of a safety the Hawks would have enjoyed a 17-0 lead in the first half against the Colts. If JR Sweezy had not allowed the FG blocked and subsequently run in for a TD that would have added 3 points to Seattle and left the Colts still with zero. I don't see these two fluke plays as an indication Seattle plays poorly on the road. Seattle actually played well putting themselves in position for the FG attempt and the Refs mistake could hardly be attributed to any favoring of the Colts. The refs just blew the call(And said so to Pete Carroll when he asked for clarification on Monday)

Once in a while the breaks just favor one team over another in spite of the more normal stats suggesting the game should have gone the other way.

We need this win against the Titans. Losing a game by all rights we should have run away with has been traumatic. Now-a-days in the NFL you are either undefeated or you are crap.

I'm STILL pissed at J R Sweezy! I hope he breaks his leg this weekend and Carroll can't put that POS back in a Seahawk uni for the rest of the season.

Richard Sherman better get back on his game on Sunday. He hasn't said a peep this week. Maybe THAT is not such a bad thing... :lol:

When you look at the last ten years.. The Hawks cannot win onna road. BUT they can win at home which is more than you can say for the Cardinals... :lol:

congrats to your Hawks Hug.Looks like they have turned the corner of losing the label they cant win convincingly on the road.this was a big win for them.Wilson needs to do a better job of holding on to the ball though,get rid of it if there is nothing there instead of staying in the pocket.they were just lucky they were facing a bad team. Cant afford to play like that once the playoffs start regardless if they have homefield advantage.this is the toughest part of their schedule.after they beat the Lambs in st louis,they will have just a couple more road games to deal with.I see them going either 15-1 or 14-2 depending on what happens in san fran.the toughest game of the season they have left.

Interesting developement...

The Saints who temporarily lead the NFC at 5-0 are on a bye with a 5-1 record and when they return the Seahawks should easily be 7-1. Even if the Saints beat the Bills they would only be 6-1.

I don't see a loss for the Seahawks in the next 4 games then the Saints come to Seattle. Seattle has a bye before the home game vs NO. Two weeks to get ready for what appears to be the only competition in the NFC to a Seattle home field advantage in playoffs.

After the Saints game Seattle travels to Candlestick which really is the only realistic possible trouble for the rest of the 2013 season. Interesting still is that SF travels to NO in 4 games to play the Saints which they should lose. That makes the SF Seahawk game VERY important for the 9ers if they will have any thread of hope to win the NFC West...even with a 13-3 record. They way it is playing out I will not be shocked if the Hawks are no worse than 14-2 at the end of the regular season with the best record in the NFC.

It's official. Percy Harvin returned to regular practice from injured reserve today and ran through a special session passing drill with Russell Wilson as the rest of the team enjoyed thier regular Monday off. Wilson never takes a day off so it wasn't unusual seeing him at the Seahawk's training facility in Renton.

It's official. Percy Harvin returned to regular practice from injured reserve today and ran through a special session passing drill with Russell Wilson as the rest of the team enjoyed thier regular Monday off. Wilson never takes a day off so it wasn't unusual seeing him at the Seahawk's training facility in Renton.

thats why he is destinated for greatness,while everyone else takes the day off,he is practicing working hard to get better all the time.:clap2: thats why cal ripken was so good for so long,he worked harder than everybody else on the team always being the first at the stadium and the last to leave just liek wilson.i remember that cause of his last tour here at royals stadium reading an article on it.

Forum List

Back