Seems a strike is coming to East Coast Ports

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017

U.S. companies that rely on East and Gulf Coast seaports have been importing early, shifting goods to the West Coast, and even putting cargo on pricey flights to hedge against a threatened Oct. 1 strike that could jam supply chains and reignite inflation ahead of the U.S. presidential election.

A prolonged strike, alongside an ongoing strike by 30,000 machinists at Boeing that has already started to ripple through the aircraft maker's supplier network, could put a dent in the U.S. job market next month at a critical moment. Economists at Oxford Economics last week estimated the two labor actions could reduce payrolls growth by 100,000 jobs if they stretch into mid-October.

Not what we need right now that is for sure.

If it tanked the Kamala campaign, well, that's just tough shit for her, realizing the consequences of higher prices, inflation, supply chain disruption and other economic issues that would layer on top of already high prices.

small price to pay I guess for your beloved party to gain a few more votes.

If all it did was fuck Don Trump, that would be al that mattered in your world.

Simply not true. I could not care less who wins the election. All I want is the Senate and the White House to be in different parties hands.

Simply not true. I could not care less who wins the election. All I want is the Senate and the White House to be in different parties hands.
Of course you care or you'd not be so rabidly anti-Trump and pro-Harris.

I can get the Trump aspect, but Harris is the worst candidate and will be the worst kind of President since.. Well, ever.

This would definitely hurt the Dems and teach them a lesson.

We wouldn't be having these kinds of problems with the ports if the Biden-Harris team hadn't chosen an incompetent as Transportation secretary.

Mayor Petey was chosen solely because he likes to take it in the caboose. He's not very bright, and knows nothing about transportation.

Notice how we didn't have this kind of problem when we had an intelligent oriental chick serving in the office?

Of course you care or you'd not be so rabidly anti-Trump and pro-Harris.

I can get the Trump aspect, but Harris is the worst candidate and will be the worst kind of President since.. Well, ever.

I am not pro-Harris which is why you cannot link to a single post of me being so.

I am not pro-Harris which is why you cannot link to a single post of me being so.
You are, by default, pro-Harris since you are anti-Trump.

I am not anti-Trump, but I don't like him as a politician. His polices are to liberal but at least not progressive.

I, however, will cast My first vote for Trump in the face of the Disaster that is Harris.

You are, by default, pro-Harris since you are anti-Trump.

That is the dumbest thing you might have ever posted.

This will blow you tiny little mind, but one can be both anti-Trump and anti-Harris.

I, however, will cast My first vote for Trump in the face of the Disaster that is Harris.

And I will cast my first vote for Chase Oliver in the face of disaster that either of them.

That is the dumbest thing you might have ever posted.

This will blow you tiny little mind, but one can be both anti-Trump and anti-Harris.

And I will cast my first vote for Chase Oliver in the face of disaster that either of them.
This will blow your tiny little mind.

I don't believe you.

I've watched and read your posts and your ideology and you are patently unable to be fairminded about anything.

This is so dumb.
As stated by an idiot.

You have a binary choice and like the other clown, I've read your posts and taken note of your ideology.

You are patently unable to be neutral in anything.

You refuse to even consider that you could possibly be wrong, about anything.

So, spare Me your idiocy.

Forum List

Back