Seems a strike is coming to East Coast Ports

Assuming they strike, why isn't Biden going to force these port workers to continue working, which is authorized in the Taft-Hartley Act?

Who knows why Biden does or does not do anything?

As for me, I am against such actions by the Govt. But I am a small Govt, more freedom kind of guy.

So you might not understand.

Why not have both sides sit down and negotiate a fair deal?
A 40% pay raise over a period of time is fairly generous, as compared to the ~80% that is being demanded. The lack of automation is astounding as well -- guess they are too afraid that workers will be replaced.

No wonder union-made things are so expensive, like vehicles.

A 40% pay raise over a period of time is fairly generous, as compared to the ~80% that is being demanded. The lack of automation is astounding as well -- guess they are too afraid that workers will be replaced.

No wonder union-made things are so expensive, like vehicles.
It's a very complicated premise.

Pay the workers enough to afford stuff.

And they will buy stuff.

Very complicated.

I think it took Henry Ford at least 8 minutes to come up with it.

He might.
He already stated he wouldn't. He's just offering them thoughts and prayers.

A Looming East Coast Port Strike Could Shake the Economy

Administration officials have said President Biden is not planning to force dockworkers back to work, which the 1947 Taft-Hartley Act authorizes him to do. Beth Rooney, director of the Port of New York and New Jersey, said last week that invoking the act would be “our best scenario next to there being a settlement.”

I didn't see that. You sure?

And you seem.confused. That is what the workers would want him not to do.
I already shared the New York Times article on this with you .. Did you not read it?

I am not confused at all. While the workers do not want it, the Director of the ports of New York and New Jersey believes it's the best possible outcome, which of course it would be for her as it delays negotiations and keeps the ports operational. The other interesting twist, which I mentioned earlier, is it would fuck the Kamala campaign.

Forum List

Back