🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Sergio Garcia in hot water after mildly racist joke about Tiger

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
With all the affirmative action blacks get in america (courtesy of working whites) they should not complain about anything. But they will howl about this.

Oh No He Didn't: Sergio Makes Fried Chicken Joke* - GeoffShackelford.com, With GolfDigest.com - A blog devoted to the state of golf.

Ewan Murray with what figures to escalate the Sergio-Tiger spat into a full-fledged controversy and some rough times for Sergio if Fuzzy Zoeller's past use of a similar joke is any barometer.

The Spaniard was on stage at the European Tour's gala players' awards dinner, where he was questioned by the Golf Channel's Steve Sands. García, who has been embroiled in verbal battles with Woods since the Players Championship at Sawgrass this month, was asked in jest if he would have the American round for dinner one night during the upcoming US Open. "We will have him round every night," García said. "We will serve fried chicken."

Update on Tuesday, May 21, 2013 at 06:48 PM by Geoff
**Sergio quickly issued a statement apologizing. From GolfChannel.com:

Garcia soon apologized for the off-color comment, saying in a statement: “I apologize for any offense that may have been caused by my comment on stage during the European Tour Players’ Awards dinner. I answered a question that was clearly made towards me as a joke with a silly remark, but in no way was the comment meant in a racist manner.”

Woods is every bit as black as Obama. Only a much better golfer.

Woods is half-white and half oriental.

Obama is half-white and half black.

Whether or not Woods or Obama like fried chicken or watermelon or collard greens or chittin's or sweet potato pie or grits is irrelevent. I like ALL of those things, and I am as white as white can be. Is there ANYTHING better than cold watermelon on a hot summer day? I think not!

This is another case of political correctness run amok.

ESPN is really playing this up like it's another "lunch counter" or "back of the bus" or "fire hoses and dogs" scenario from the 1950s and 1960s.

Hard to believe that ESPN would "overplay" or "sensationalize" ANYTHING. :razz::eek:

Woods is every bit as black as Obama. Only a much better golfer.

Woods is half-white and half oriental.

Obama is half-white and half black.

Whether or not Woods or Obama like fried chicken or watermelon or collard greens or chittin's or sweet potato pie or grits is irrelevent. I like ALL of those things, and I am as white as white can be. Is there ANYTHING better than cold watermelon on a hot summer day? I think not!

This is another case of political correctness run amok.

ESPN is really playing this up like it's another "lunch counter" or "back of the bus" or "fire hoses and dogs" scenario from the 1950s and 1960s.

Hard to believe that ESPN would "overplay" or "sensationalize" ANYTHING. :razz::eek:

Europeans are not PC Nazis, unless it comes to actually talking about Nazis.

• Banned
Saying blacks like fried chicken is as racist as saying whites like yogurt.

ESPN is now calling for the suspension of sergio and a huge fine.!! All for saying a man likes fried chicken.

Forum List

Back