serious question on core Jewish belief

Street Juice

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2018
Baltimore
"We’ve been seeing that term “particularism” quite often this month. At its root, it refers to the core Jewish belief that the Creator of the Universe also has a special and unique relationship with His chosen people." -Mosaic Magazine

Q1 - How could a universal God have a chosen people? If God has a chosen people, He isn't universal. If universal, can't have a chosen people because He stands in a different relationship to some, i.e., is a different kind of God.

Q2 - How is chosen-people-ism different from white supremacy?

"We’ve been seeing that term “particularism” quite often this month. At its root, it refers to the core Jewish belief that the Creator of the Universe also has a special and unique relationship with His chosen people." -Mosaic Magazine

Q1 - How could a universal God have a chosen people? If God has a chosen people, He isn't universal. If universal, can't have a chosen people because He stands in a different relationship to some, i.e., is a different kind of God.

How could only people who believe a Jewish rabbi is g-d be the only people to get into heaven?

How could only people who believe a Jewish rabbi is g-d be the only people to get into heaven?
What does that have to do with my question?

GOD selected a representative group that were suppose to be the beacon of GOD (HIS representatives/missionaries) to the other nations. And in fact Joseph would be GOD's emissary the the nation of EGYPT, Solomon would influence the surrounding kingdoms, as Daniel would be the the emissary to BABYLON, and Ezekiel the PERSIANS, etc... This group would be the linage of the MESSIAH --- who would make salvation possible for the entire world.

The Torah is abundantly clear that being God's "Chosen People" is not the basis of special favors or immunity from the consequences on their actions. They were punished time after time, even at times directly by g-d, which clearly demonstrates that there is no great benefit to being the Chosen People.

God chose the Jews to be the vehicle by which the divine message is conveyed to mankind, through the Torah.

If they were chosen because of their "supremacy," it was merely their demonstrated talent for communication, which continues to this day. Unfortunately, many if not most of the remaining "sons of Abraham" have forgotten the Message that they were commissioned to convey.

At its root, it refers to the core Jewish belief that the Creator of the Universe also has a special and unique relationship with His chosen people."
According to scripture and Jewish tradition, God wished to have a people who placed themselves apart from others to live by a more austere code than other nations. The rest of us could live by a more relaxed code of our own choosing. God wasn't abandoning either group.

The Torah is abundantly clear that being God's "Chosen People" is not the basis of special favors or immunity from the consequences on their actions. They were punished time after time, even at times directly by g-d, which clearly demonstrates that there is no great benefit to being the Chosen People.

God chose the Jews to be the vehicle by which the divine message is conveyed to mankind, through the Torah.

If they were chosen because of their "supremacy," it was merely their demonstrated talent for communication, which continues to this day. Unfortunately, many if not most of the remaining "sons of Abraham" have forgotten the Message that they were commissioned to convey.
If the sacred texts were divinely inspired, then it is not the people's "talent for communication." Nevertheless, merely claiming specialness renders the God from whom it is claimed non-universal, i.e., not the Creator of the universe. To believe otherwise is supremacist.

At its root, it refers to the core Jewish belief that the Creator of the Universe also has a special and unique relationship with His chosen people."
According to scripture and Jewish tradition, God wished to have a people who placed themselves apart from others to live by a more austere code than other nations. The rest of us could live by a more relaxed code of our own choosing. God wasn't abandoning either group.
Why would any universal God demand what is, frankly, xenophobia from just one tribe (and the enslavement or genocide of all the others?) It is the opposite of a universal God. It is a tribal god and a particularly blood-thirsty one.

GOD selected a representative group that were suppose to be the beacon of GOD (HIS representatives/missionaries) to the other nations. And in fact Joseph would be GOD's emissary the the nation of EGYPT, Solomon would influence the surrounding kingdoms, as Daniel would be the the emissary to BABYLON, and Ezekiel the PERSIANS, etc... This group would be the linage of the MESSIAH --- who would make salvation possible for the entire world.
It's a very strange kind of missionary group whose bedrock tenet is segregation, remaining outside the rest of humanity, making it very difficult to convert, discouraging it, even, and keeping God's Word hidden from the Gentiles. The only reason we even have the Old Testament is because some Jews in Egypt translated it into Greek prior to, I think it was Ezekial--someone like that--reimposing the Torah's separateness. They forcibly broke up mixed marriages, and so on.

I have often wondered if the Jews regretted being the “chosen people.”

I have often wondered if the Jews regretted being the “chosen people.”
Being locked out of humankind?

I don’t think Judaism is that much into the Christian beliefs of heaven and hell

Your second question is easier than your first. All the other races that think they are the best choose themselves. God choose the Israelites.

God is the father of all races. For a plethora of reasons, all fathers have their favorites.

well that is the exact beliefs of all Christians since they believe that Jesus of Nazareth, who was a Jewish rabbi, and Christians believe that you can only get into heaven through him.

Modern Christian belief differs greatly from the original Christians beliefs. The original Christians who founded the religion after Jesus still considered themselves to be Jews. They simply believed that Jesus was their Messiah.

Last edited:
you-werent-chosen-for-a-reason.jpg

Your second question is easier than your first. All the other races that think they are the best choose themselves. God choose the Israelites.

God is the father of all races. For a plethora of reasons, all fathers have their favorites
Does that mean that all the people that got orders slaughtered for not converting to Judaism are the black sheep of the family?

Cuz it happened a lot in the Old Testament.

or rather the Jews murdered a bunch of people took their land and then claimed God told them to. That's how they got Jerusalem anyway.
maybe I should start doing that murder all my neighbors take their houses and then write a book that says God promised it all to me

God chosen Abraham at the time because he was a righteous man who chosen to do what is right.
In those days, a man could have as many wives he want. But he has chosen to stay faithful to Sarah. He has done the things what God have intended for us to be. Adam and Eve didn't listen to God but Abraham listened and obeyed. But he wasn't forced to obeyed which made him a son. A son only does free-willingly what their father asked them to do. But a slave have to be forced into submission. They are the ones that lives in fear. They only follows God because they're afraid of going to hell. But a son follows because it is the right thing to do.
But now God has gave all of those who hunger and thirst for the things of God the chance to be apart of the Tree. Will means desire, and those who desires to do what God asked, are now sons.
But when God make a vow, he keeps it forever. And He vowed to Abraham that He will keep Abraham's descendants with Him. And through that promise, that is why God is still here. And that is why it says that "Salvation is of the Jews" It is because without Abraham, God would have abandoned us. But He has saw good in Abraham liked the way He saw good in Abel. That they have shown that mankind is redeemable.
And Jesus completed the Old covenant regulations, that it is showing that mankind is redeemable. That is why Jesus became a man, and it was judgement time. And He resurrected the Righteous at the first resurrections. But it says that He will come back to gather up the rest of the flock and that are not of this flock at the second. And that is why He have left some of the Righteous behind like Paul and the Disciples at the first resurrection. To prepare those for the second coming. To teach them the ways of righteousness.

Romans 2:14
(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law.

Romans 8:15
The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.”

John 8:35
Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever.

Hebrew 4:1 Therefore, since the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us be careful that none of you be found to have fallen short of it. 2 For we also have had the good news proclaimed to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because they did not share the faith of those who obeyed. 3 Now we who have believed enter that rest, just as God has said,

“So I declared on oath in my anger,
‘They shall never enter my rest.’”
And yet his works have been finished since the creation of the world. 4 For somewhere he has spoken about the seventh day in these words: “On the seventh day God rested from all his works.” 5 And again in the passage above he says, “They shall never enter my rest.”

6 Therefore since it still remains for some to enter that rest, and since those who formerly had the good news proclaimed to them did not go in because of their disobedience, 7 God again set a certain day, calling it “Today.” This he did when a long time later he spoke through David, as in the passage already quoted:

“Today, if you hear his voice,
do not harden your hearts.”
8 For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken later about another day. 9 There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; 10 for anyone who enters God’s rest also rests from their works, just as God did from his. 11 Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will perish by following their example of disobedience.

John 5:28
“Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice 29 and come out those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned. 30 By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.

Matthew 27:52
and the tombs broke open. The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life.

Genesis 18:28
what if the number of the righteous is five less than fifty? Will you destroy the whole city for lack of five people?” “If I find forty-five there,” he said, “I will not destroy it.”

Jonah 4:11
And should I not have concern for the great city of Nineveh, in which there are more than a hundred and twenty thousand people who cannot tell their right hand from their left—and also many animals?”

John 9:41
Jesus said, “If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains.

Luke 23:34

Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.” And they divided up his clothes by casting lots.

God is the father of all races. For a plethora of reasons, all fathers have their favorites.
Assuming you are Christian, you believe Jesus was God Incarnate, yet Jews are going to hell because they rejected Christ (God) and killed him (God). Does this make sense, that a universal God, creator of the universe, could consider his killers his favorites? The idea that a real God would have a chosen people is already absurd enough, but to be murdered by them and still be chosen is absurdity squared

Forum List

Back