Seriously?

77th anniversary of what, 1944?
facepalm.jpeg

This is true. In addition there are indications that a lot of those in the first wave were basically malcontents and screw ups that were used as cannon fodder.
That's probably the most insulting, dishonest, ignorant and disrespectful post on the board

I'm sorry you feel that way. The truth is never insulting, dishonest, ignorant or disrespectful. I had a close relative that died hitting Omaha beach. He had been a discipline problem since entering the army and, while it wasn't called a discipline platoon, it was exactly that in all but name. Most didn't make it through the day.

This is true. In addition there are indications that a lot of those in the first wave were basically malcontents and screw ups that were used as cannon fodder.
That's probably the most insulting, dishonest, ignorant and disrespectful post on the board
Though crudely stated, it's the truth....Ike didn't want experienced troops in the 1st wave, because he thought that they would proceed too cautiously.....The "malcontents and screw ups" thing I bleieve to be opinion, but there it is.

True historical fact.

Forum List

Back