Shinsecki

Howey

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
How sad that on the day he received a standing ovation from the only people who care about his accomplishments and all he's done.

VETERANS THEMSELVES.

How sad that on the day he received a standing ovation from the only people who care about his accomplishments and all he's done.

VETERANS THEMSELVES.

He was talking to a homeless Veterans organization, not to Veterans who have been mistreated or to families with dead Veterans due to shoddy treatment.

That said, I have met Shinseki and listened to him speak, and I was impressed. He was a great General, but was out of his element as VA secretary.

That's true. No matter what else he did, Shinseki was incompetent to do the job he was hired to do.

Edging him out doesn't solve the problem of too few VA doctors due to the AMA lobby keeping a stranglehold on the number of medical schools in the US...
:mad:
Shinseki resigns as Veterans Affairs secretary
May 30`14 ~ President Obama announced after his meeting with Shinseki that he accepted his resignation. “With considerable regret, I accepted,” Obama said. “We don’t have time for distractions,” he added.
President Obama will meet with embattled Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric K. Shinseki at the White House Friday morning as calls for him to step down continue to pile up on Capitol Hill. The White House said Obama will meet with Shinseki in the Oval Office at 10:15 a.m to discuss the VA scandals that have drawn widespread criticism from both Democratic and Republican lawmakers.

In an interview with ABC's "Live with Kelly and Michael" that aired Friday morning, Obama vowed to have a "serious conversation" about whether he is equipped to remedy the situation at the VA. "He's going to report back to me on what he's seen. And I'll have a serious conversation with him about whether he thinks that he is prepared and has the capacity to take on the job of fixing it," Obama said. "Because I don't want any veteran to not be getting the kind of services they deserve."​

The meeting will be closed to the press. A wave of lawmakers in both parties has called for Shinseki to step down, following the release this week of an independent review that found VA officials had falsified records to conceal how long some veterans had to wait for medical care.

Shinseki resigns as Veterans Affairs secretary

VETERANS THEMSELVES.

He was talking to a homeless Veterans organization, not to Veterans who have been mistreated or to families with dead Veterans due to shoddy treatment.

That said, I have met Shinseki and listened to him speak, and I was impressed. He was a great General, but was out of his element as VA secretary.

So you're saying homeless veterans don't count? The number of homeless veterans is a quarter of what it was when Shinseki took control.

He also managed to decrease the waiting time for approval of disability apps by double digits, expanded mental health care against republican wishes, expanded the GI Bill, and countless other program benefits.

He should not have been taken to task for what has been an institutional and bureaucratic nightmare that he actually managed to help reform.

Note that all problems reported have occurred in red states with republicans appointed VA leaders.

VETERANS THEMSELVES.

So you're saying homeless veterans don't count? The number of homeless veterans is a quarter of what it was when Shinseki took control.

He also managed to decrease the waiting time for approval of disability apps by double digits, expanded mental health care against republican wishes, expanded the GI Bill, and countless other program benefits.

He should not have been taken to task for what has been an institutional and bureaucratic nightmare that he actually managed to help reform.

Note that all problems reported have occurred in red states with republicans appointed VA leaders.

Discern much?

Certainly the homeless are important, but Obama was purposely talking to a friendly audience.

I believe the waiting time for most claims has increased in the last two years.

VA leaders? Appointed by Republicans? What does that mean? I'm in S. Illinois, a blue state, and Marion VA hospital has had serious problems for years.

Discern much?

Certainly the homeless are important, but Obama was purposely talking to a friendly audience.

VA leaders? Appointed by Republicans? What does that mean? I'm in S. Illinois, a blue state, and Marion VA hospital has had serious problems for years.

And yet you suggest the republicans should investigate the root of the problem. You both are clueless partisans. And that wouldn't matter, but you waste your hateful spittle on vets. And I love how the pro-Iraq war crowd are now worried about vets. Love it.

Last edited:

Discern much?

And yet you suggest the republicans should investigate the root of the problem. You both are clueless partisans. And that wouldn't matter, but you waste your hateful spittle on vets. And I love how the pro-Iraq war crowd are now worried about vets. Love it.

The root of the problem is the government.

VETERANS THEMSELVES.

First, it needs to be understood that Shinseki was NOT the problem. The VA has been a clusterfuck since I was a kid and I'm now 70 years old. The VA has always been considered the very last resort a veteran had; and a very large percentage of vets who used the VA had no recourse (lack of any other insurance) but to go there.

Most of the employees are union and couldn't care less about the Vets they treat and are never afraid of losing their jobs. Sad but true. I have been in favor, for years, of veterans receiving care at ANY medical facility they wish but it will never happen.

Remember this: In this country we treat prisoners better than we treat our veterans. I thank God that when I retired from the Army, I stepped into a good occupation with quality insurance.

Last edited:

VETERANS THEMSELVES.

First, it needs to be understood that Shinseki was NOT the problem. The VA has been a clusterfuck since I was a kid and I'm now 70 years old. The VA has always been considered the very last resort a veteran had; and a very large percentage of vets who used the VA had no recourse (lack of any other insurance) but to go there.

Most of the employees are union and couldn't care less about the Vets they treat and are never afraid of losing their jobs. Sad but true. I have been in favor, for years, of veterans receiving care at ANY medical facility they wish but it will never happen.

Remember this: In this country we treat prisoners better than we treat our veterans. I thank God that when I retired from the Army, I stepped into a good occupation with quality insurance.

OK, well, I'll bite. First, I agree the VA's problems go back decades, and it's going to get worse, given the brain injuries from Iraq and Afghan, coupled with aging of the Vietnam generation, and political refusal to pay for it.

But, why should someone who retires from military service get lifetime care? It's one thing if they were injured, but why is it a "job benefit." Why aren't vets just treated like everybody else. We all change careers in mid-life.

VETERANS THEMSELVES.

Dude quite being a fucking douche......The head of the VA was appointed by Obama....fuck off.....

OK, well, I'll bite. First, I agree the VA's problems go back decades, and it's going to get worse, given the brain injuries from Iraq and Afghan, coupled with aging of the Vietnam generation, and political refusal to pay for it.

But, why should someone who retires from military service get lifetime care? It's one thing if they were injured, but why is it a "job benefit." Why aren't vets just treated like everybody else. We all change careers in mid-life.

Agreed. However, to qualify for care you only need to serve 180 days to become a "veteran". There are varying levels of care within the VA from 10% service connected disability to 100% service connected disability.

Why aren't vets "treated like everyone else"? Because they put their lives on hold, gave up the majority of their "rights" to defend YOURS. They wore the uniform of their country and served in the military. They spent months - years - away from their families so YOU wouldn't have to. They served in foreign countries, were shot at, wounded and killed, so YOU could sleep in a warm bed at night.

THAT'S why.

Forum List

Back