Should an armed drone be dispatched to kill Christopher Dorner?

Should an armed drone be dispatched to kill Christopher Dorner?

• Total voters
I'm with Sallow on this, I personally believe there should be more checks and balances before the CIC can make this call....on foreign soil.

here some info on the guy killed....over and over he claimed to be born in Yemen and claimed not to be a USA citizen....

Anwar al-Aulaqi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He was a U.S. citizen, however, and he was assassinated with zero due process and zero accountability.

So when was Mr. Dorner found guilty in court of Law? If he goes down in a shootout, then cops have the Right to drop him, but I don't think America has gotten to "assassination of it's own citizens by drones" quite yet... At least while they are on U.S, soil that is. :eusa_whistle:

Yes we have. 3 have been executed via drone strike that we know about.

In the US?

If Dorner was outside of the U.S.? Yes, if we could get authorization from the country that he's in.

Since he's still here in the U.S.? No. We currently have a police force that is capable of bringing him down if they find him, but the trouble is, they have to find him first.

Would I be comfortable with an UNARMED surveillance drone flying around Big Bear with infrared cameras to find him so that the cops could go and bring him in? Absolutely.

Yes, but you'd feel comfortable going through checkpoints that required you to show your loyalty card to prove you are a follower of Dear Leader..

So when was Mr. Dorner found guilty in court of Law? If he goes down in a shootout, then cops have the Right to drop him, but I don't think America has gotten to "assassination of it's own citizens by drones" quite yet... At least while they are on U.S, soil that is. :eusa_whistle:

In the US?

No, I corrected myself. But it very well could happen on US soil as the entire world is the battlefield and Posse C. is void under the NDAA 2012 provisions. We're all standing on the US government's war on Terror battlefield.

No, legally the president can not use the Military for actions such as this....don't you even KNOW our acts and laws of this land?

Irrelevant. Laws do not bind Barack Obama, nor does a constitution written by a bunch of dead white guys.

He proved that when he started killing American citizens in violation of the 5th and 14th amendments.

You guys wanted a dictator...

Please show us the law that says that Kevin...that says that enemy combatants on foreign soil, on the battle field of war, whether they be Americans or a Foreigner, can not be killed on foreign soil.

I'd love to see this "law" that makes it illegal.

You don't care about the law, you worship your little tin god.

14th Amendment

{Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. }

5th Amendment

Article [V.]

{No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation. }

I know, the law doesn't pertain to Obama, he is god and above the laws of man, he has a white paper...

Shallow is right, I want Obama impeached, tried for murder, and put in prison.

{Two women who were shot by Los Angeles police in Torrance early Thursday during a massive manhunt for an ex-LAPD officer were delivering newspapers, sources said.
The women, shot in the 19500 block of Redbeam Avenue, were taken to area hospitals, Torrance police Lt. Devin Chase said. They were not identified. One was shot in the hand and the other in the back, according to Jesse Escochea, who captured video of the victims being treated.

It was not immediately known what newspapers the women were delivering. After the shooting, the blue pickup was riddled with bullet holes and what appeared to be newspapers lay in the street alongside.}

Women delivering newspapers in Torrance shot in manhunt for ex-cop - latimes.com

If the government takes it upon itself to start sending armed military drones around to execute anyone the government feels has wronged it, we have a problem much bigger than Christopher Dorner.

Well it already has, the only real issue seems to be geography.

Bingo...anyone read Greenwalds piece out yesterday...? I was ahead of him by a week ;)but he says it all very well and hits all the points.

and as to this topic exactly, he hits that right from the top, at the start of his column-

DOJ kill list memo forces many Dems out of the closet as overtly unprincipled hacks
Last week's controversy over Obama's assassination program forced into light many ignored truths that were long obvious

This past week has been a strangely clarifying political moment. It was caused by two related events: the leak of the Justice Department's "white paper" justifying Obama's claimed power to execute Americans without charges, followed by John Brennan's alarming confirmation hearing (as Charles Pierce wrote: "the man whom the administration has put up to head the CIA would not say whether or not the president of the United States has the power to order the extrajudicial killing of a United States citizen within the borders of the United States")

much more at-
DOJ kill list memo forces many Dems out of the closet as overtly unprincipled hacks | Glenn Greenwald | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

I think its 4 bro...but who's counting right?

Not the NY Times...:lol:

well i guess if they can be absolutely 100% positive it is him and not some lone hiker or something.

I can see the headlines now - drones take out survivorman.

aren't we always critical of hunters who accidentally shoot something like someones dog instead of a deer because they aren't 100% sure of the target? how is a drone going to be 100% sure?

Please show us the law that says that Kevin...that says that enemy combatants on foreign soil, on the battle field of war, whether they be Americans or a Foreigner, can not be killed on foreign soil.

14th Amendment

{Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. }

5th Amendment

Article [V.]

{No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation. }

I know, the law doesn't pertain to Obama, he is god and above the laws of man, he has a white paper...

Why be such an asshole uncensored 2008? FYI, I did NOT vote for Obama, not once nor twice....so you can take your snooty little useless post and put it where the sun don't shine!!!! (excuse the french)

Why aren't YOU BLASTING JOHN MCCAIN....he is the ONE that lead the charge for stripping the clause written by diane feinstein that gave some protections for us citizens....BUT NOOOOOOOOOOO, mCcAIN A REPUBLICAN and the republican house of representatives are who stripped it from the the NDAA 2012 Bill....

So maybe it is YOU who is kissing the republican asses out there and YOU are the one treating them like they are your gods of worship.

Also, the NDAA2012 DOES NOT authorize the President to use our Military forces in the USA, to kill a citizen on USA soil....PERIOD.

So this bull crud being spread in this thread is simply that, BULL CRUD.....END OF STORY.

14th Amendment

5th Amendment

Article [V.]

Why be such an asshole uncensored 2008? FYI, I did NOT vote for Obama, not once nor twice....so you can take your snooty little useless post and put it where the sun don't shine!!!! (excuse the french)

Why aren't YOU BLASTING JOHN MCCAIN....he is the ONE that lead the charge for stripping the clause written by diane feinstein that gave some protections for us citizens....BUT NOOOOOOOOOOO, mCcAIN A REPUBLICAN and the republican house of representatives are who stripped it from the the NDAA 2012 Bill....

So maybe it is YOU who is kissing the republican asses out there and YOU are the one treating them like they are your gods of worship.

Also, the NDAA2012 DOES NOT authorize the President to use our Military forces in the USA, to kill a citizen on USA soil....PERIOD.

So this bull crud being spread in this thread is simply that, BULL CRUD.....END OF STORY.

Dammmmmmn Care, do you feel strongly on that;)

yes I agree, posse comitatus cannot and won't be infringed so a Army the Drone Strike system isn't coming to a state near you, thats over the top.... and thats probably the answer Brennan should have used at his hearing though when asked...;)

Anyway, as to Drones period, just as a fyi, there are 2 , TWO drone strike assassination prgms- one ran by the army which is tightly controlled and one ran by the CIA , which is not so tightly controlled.

My issue with this is not the killing of American enemy combatants on foreign soil, its the transparency thing and the hypocrisy, I trusted Bush to run with, lets say the warrant-less wiretaps or the SWIFT financial tracking prgm.'s, even harsh interrogation, and I trust obama with same, but now that the rubber has met the road and there is very little practical difference between bush and obama in the WOT, theres relative silence from the very same who beat the snot out of bush at every opportunity for the very same actions and in this case, less....*shrugs*

Forum List

Back