Should an armed drone be dispatched to kill Christopher Dorner?

Should an armed drone be dispatched to kill Christopher Dorner?

• Total voters
Why be such an asshole uncensored 2008?

Why attack civil liberties?

FYI, I did NOT vote for Obama, not once nor twice....so you can take your snooty little useless post and put it where the sun don't shine!!!! (excuse the french)

Why aren't YOU BLASTING JOHN MCCAIN....he is the ONE that lead the charge for stripping the clause written by diane feinstein that gave some protections for us citizens....BUT NOOOOOOOOOOO, mCcAIN A REPUBLICAN and the republican house of representatives are who stripped it from the the NDAA 2012 Bill....

The incessant refrain of the left, deflect and excuse.

John McCain isn't president. John McCain isn't the one violating the United States Constitution. If he was, you, Shallow, Jakematters, and the rest of the left here would be demanding he be prosecuted - BUT because Obama does it, we get red herrings and straw man arguments.

So maybe it is YOU who is kissing the republican asses out there and YOU are the one treating them like they are your gods of worship.

Deflect and blow smoke - same old routine.

Obama does something wrong and the left screams "BOOOOSSSHHH" or in this case, McCain.

McCain ain't the PotUS, sweety.

Also, the NDAA2012 DOES NOT authorize the President to use our Military forces in the USA, to kill a citizen on USA soil....PERIOD.

Irrelevant, no order or law nullifies the constitution, so NDAA does NOT make the murder of American citizens legal - at all.

So this bull crud being spread in this thread is simply that, BULL CRUD.....END OF STORY.

Tissue?

well i guess if they can be absolutely 100% positive it is him and not some lone hiker or something.

I can see the headlines now - drones take out survivorman.

aren't we always critical of hunters who accidentally shoot something like someones dog instead of a deer because they aren't 100% sure of the target? how is a drone going to be 100% sure?

Well wouldn't that just be collateral damage?

Absolutely not.

It's absurd to even bring it up.

Why? The President claims the power to assassinate U.S. citizens with no due process if they're deemed "terrorists," "enemy combatants," "insurgents," or any other number of horrible sounding adjectives. He does not claim that his power is limited only to use overseas. That being the case, why is it absurd to discuss whether or not this is a viable option for Christopher Dorner, who has already been deemed a "domestic terrorist?"

He kinda does.

That's the REAL problem.

And you folks should be TALKING about getting rid of the Patriot Act and the AUMF.

You'd find friends on the other side of the aisle if that's where the conversation went.

why aren't YOU talking about it?

If you obamabots had not laid down like hunters point hookers for anything Obama signed or said maybe the Pat. act would not have been re-signed/authorized etc....:rolleyes:

Why be such an asshole uncensored 2008?

Why attack civil liberties?

FYI, I did NOT vote for Obama, not once nor twice....so you can take your snooty little useless post and put it where the sun don't shine!!!! (excuse the french)

Why aren't YOU BLASTING JOHN MCCAIN....he is the ONE that lead the charge for stripping the clause written by diane feinstein that gave some protections for us citizens....BUT NOOOOOOOOOOO, mCcAIN A REPUBLICAN and the republican house of representatives are who stripped it from the the NDAA 2012 Bill....
The incessant refrain of the left, deflect and excuse.

John McCain isn't president. John McCain isn't the one violating the United States Constitution. If he was, you, Shallow, Jakematters, and the rest of the left here would be demanding he be prosecuted - BUT because Obama does it, we get red herrings and straw man arguments.

Deflect and blow smoke - same old routine.

Obama does something wrong and the left screams "BOOOOSSSHHH" or in this case, McCain.

McCain ain't the PotUS, sweety.

Also, the NDAA2012 DOES NOT authorize the President to use our Military forces in the USA, to kill a citizen on USA soil....PERIOD.
Irrelevant, no order or law nullifies the constitution, so NDAA does NOT make the murder of American citizens legal - at all.

So this bull crud being spread in this thread is simply that, BULL CRUD.....END OF STORY.
Tissue?
First off, no president or Military can use a drone to kill ANYONE on American soil...PERIOD. And anyone includes foreigners.

Second, was this combatant subject and under the jurisdiction of the State where he was born when he chose to be on enemy lines overseas? Well, was he? That's the question that has to be answered imo.....

Regardless, I do believe we should have a "second Checks and balance" before the President should be allowed to do such....and even then, even if there is some sort of secondary due process or brought before a Judge, if it is unconstitutional, then even with a second "check" such as a Judge or Congress, it would STILL BE UNCONSTITUTIONAL with multi checks and balances...if it is unconstitutional to begin with.....right??

Absolutely not.

It's absurd to even bring it up.

Why? The President claims the power to assassinate U.S. citizens with no due process if they're deemed "terrorists," "enemy combatants," "insurgents," or any other number of horrible sounding adjectives. He does not claim that his power is limited only to use overseas. That being the case, why is it absurd to discuss whether or not this is a viable option for Christopher Dorner, who has already been deemed a "domestic terrorist?"

He kinda does.

That's the REAL problem.

And you folks should be TALKING about getting rid of the Patriot Act and the AUMF.

You'd find friends on the other side of the aisle if that's where the conversation went.

you know, i was kind of waiting for obama to do that, since he promised and all. but i guess since he extended it, we might have ot wait awhile on that one

He kinda does.

That's the REAL problem.

you know, i was kind of waiting for obama to do that, since he promised and all. but i guess since he extended it, we might have ot wait awhile on that one
Did the Patriot Act in whole come before him to sign? I was unaware of that.....????

I thought only 4 measure of the Patriot act that had a sunset, was reinstated for another 4 years by congress and that is what came before him? I'm not 100% certain though?

Well here we go. He's barricaded in a cabin, and has shot two deputies. Was it worth it? Why not just blow him up now?

Can't Obama and Holder just pretend that he's either a veteran (aka: Right wing extremist) or a Border Guard or Benghazi Consulate staffer.....what difference would it make?

Let's turn Dorner into drone feed, NOW, if there are no hostages in the cabin.

You know what I find amusing, is they will arrest this guy and then the left will not want him executed for his actions, yet it's okay if a President authorizes a drone hit, with no due process.

Can't Obama and Holder just pretend that he's either a veteran (aka: Right wing extremist) or a Border Guard or Benghazi Consulate staffer.....what difference would it make?

here let me try- "With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans, was it because he got dissed by a 7-11 clerk buying a slurpy, or someone who watched an awful Affleck movie, what difference, at this point, does it make”?

Sure. Bring him hell fire from above. Be good notice for the milita mutts and the city gangers what is in store in their future.

here ya go jake, your dream come true.....

1985 bombing in Philadelphia still unsettled
By Martha T. Moore, USA TODAY

PHILADELPHIA — The last block of Osage Avenue is a half-abandoned and lonely place. Most of the houses on the narrow street are boarded up.

Twenty years ago this Friday, city police dropped a bomb on this block and let it burn. Five children and six adults, members of a small radical collective called MOVE, died; 61 homes in a middle-class neighborhood were destroyed. As the nation watched, Philadelphia became the city that bombed its own people. (Related photo gallery: MOVE bombing)

A generation later, MOVE is still around, its members still agitating for the release of eight who have been in prison since a 1978 cop-killing. Most of the other two dozen or so members, all of whom take the surname Africa, live in a house 3 miles from Osage. The mayor who approved the bombing, Wilson Goode, 66, is a pastor who runs a youth-mentoring program. And the residents of Osage Avenue are still trying to get their homes back.

Philadelphia has spent $42 million in financial settlements, investigation and rebuilding to try to fix what happened that day. It was a law enforcement failure so spectacular that it would not be equaled until the siege near Waco eight years later. A month ago, 24 homeowners won a $12 million suit against the city for the botched rebuilding and repairs of their homes.

"We're still in it," says Mayor John Street, who was a city councilman in 1985. "It's the never-ending story."

The memory of the bungled decisions and bad judgment that led police to drop a satchel of explosives from a helicopter onto a residential neighborhood — and the horror that resulted — still stings.

"Every year when May comes around, I think of it, of course, because I'll never forget that it's May 13, 1985," says Mary Ellen Krober, a lawyer for the city who negotiated settlements with 11 MOVE families.

more at-
USATODAY.com - 1985 bombing in Philadelphia still unsettled

MOVE-Phihladelphia-BombNYT14may85d.GIF

:rolleyes:

Sure. Bring him hell fire from above. Be good notice for the milita mutts and the city gangers what is in store in their future.

It's going to be like "Return of the Jedi"

The Progs, all filled with evil and hate, are going to order the US military to attack civilians centers; the US military is going to think about it for like 2 seconds and throw the Prog Leadership and Useless Idiots down the drain

First off, no president or Military can use a drone to kill ANYONE on American soil...PERIOD. And anyone includes foreigners.

Nothing in the Obama white paper restricted him from killing anyone, anywhere, for any reason. According to Obama, if he wants you dead, he'll kill you.

Second, was this combatant subject and under the jurisdiction of the State where he was born when he chose to be on enemy lines overseas? Well, was he? That's the question that has to be answered imo.....

Irrelevant. As a United States Citizen, he must be afforded the guarantees of the constitution. When Obama violated the constitution, he subverted the fundamental character of the foundation of this nation, to wit that we are a nation of law, and that all are bound by law. Obama altered this so that he is a ruler, above the law, whilst subjects cannot depend on the law to restrain those who rule over them.

Regardless, I do believe we should have a "second Checks and balance" before the President should be allowed to do such....and even then, even if there is some sort of secondary due process or brought before a Judge, if it is unconstitutional, then even with a second "check" such as a Judge or Congress, it would STILL BE UNCONSTITUTIONAL with multi checks and balances...if it is unconstitutional to begin with.....right??

There is one way to change the constitution, that is to amend it. I realize that the left has a real issue with the bill of rights and is desperate to revoke or at least subvert it, in it's entirety. But yes, putting icing on a turd will not change it's nature, second checks won't revoke the 5th and 14th amendments.

Now see? This is what happens when you approve a measure of using drones to kill Americans overseas. Others then pose the question "Why do they have to be overseas?". Some over-zealous person else answers "They don't", and before you know it, the gov't is sending drones to kill someone who may be in his own home, but has been "mistakenly" targeted because someone in DC doesn't agree with his political affiliation.

Slippery slopes get even more slippery still when someone turns on the water hose.

If they have him pinned down somewhere and apprehension might be difficult, why not? Liberal administrations like Clinton and Hussein have already set the precedent.

Does this precedent negate due process rights, or is he essentially an enemy combatant?

He's committing planned terror attacks against government officials. That's an enemy combatant by todays standard. If they can hit him with a missile and only take out 8-9 other civilians, they should do so without hesitation.

So why are rw's so against this happening on foreign soil?

(Interesting that its rw's who are in favor of using a drone of this war hero. In a different thread, another rw actually suggested bombing the home he's hiding in. That poster didn't mention the owners of that home .. )

Forum List

Back