Should convicted terrorists who murder be allowed to vote?

If Your Time is short​

• Harris has not said that she would advocate for giving the surviving Boston Marathon bomber the right to vote, only that she is open to it.
  • Asked if convicted felons in prison such as the Boston Marathon bomber should be allowed to vote, Harris said: "I think we should have that conversation."
  • Asked the next day to elaborate, Harris said, "I’m going to think about" whether felons such as the bomber should vote.

Our Sources​

Twitter, Nancy Mace tweet (archived here), Aug. 11, 2020

Email, Nancy Mace campaign manager Mara Mellstrom, Aug. 13, 2020

Interview, Sabrina Singh, Kamala Harris campaign communications director and senior advisor, Aug. 13, 2020

Real Clear Politics, "Kamala Harris: We Should Have A Conversation About Letting Felons In Prison Vote," April 22, 2019

PolitiFact, "Bernie Sanders set off a firestorm over prisoners voting, but his facts are straight," April 24, 2019

Twitter, Ian Sams tweet, April 23, 2019

San Francisco Chronicle, "Kamala Harris clarifies response on whether prisoners should be allowed to vote," April 23, 2019; updated May 24, 2019

If Your Time is short​

• Harris has not said that she would advocate for giving the surviving Boston Marathon bomber the right to vote, only that she is open to it.
  • Asked if convicted felons in prison such as the Boston Marathon bomber should be allowed to vote, Harris said: "I think we should have that conversation."
  • Asked the next day to elaborate, Harris said, "I’m going to think about" whether felons such as the bomber should vote.

Our Sources​

Interview, Sabrina Singh, Kamala Harris campaign communications director and senior advisor, Aug. 13, 2020

Real Clear Politics, "Kamala Harris: We Should Have A Conversation About Letting Felons In Prison Vote," April 22, 2019

PolitiFact, "Bernie Sanders set off a firestorm over prisoners voting, but his facts are straight," April 24, 2019

San Francisco Chronicle, "Kamala Harris clarifies response on whether prisoners should be allowed to vote," April 23, 2019; updated May 24, 2019
That means yes; otherwise, she would have just said no. You've learned well from the Kamala campaign to astroturf the question being asked.

Voting from prison is such a Dem Hail Mary for votes.

If you have violated your duty as a citizen and are separated from society as punishment for being a SHIT CITIZEN, you should lose the right to vote.

If scumbag criminals leaned right, the Dems would never try to pull this bullshit.

Everything the Dems do is for Votes and power and money for themselves. Nothing else matters.

If Your Time is short​

Our Sources​

Thank you.

That means yes; otherwise, she would have just said no. You've learned well from the Kamala campaign to astroturf the question being asked.
I love it how the Neo GOP flock has been groomed to believe and say things like "What they really meant is.....", not what they actually said. Especially when the source is a few years old. Like the drinking bleach bit when the Blurter in Chief actually said:

"I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning? As you see, it gets in the lungs, it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that."

He didn't specify the kind of disinfectant or drinking it. But the comedians co-opted it and now it's like seeing Russia from Palins house.......or the I invented the internet meme.

Voting from prison is such a Dem Hail Mary for votes.

If you have violated your duty as a citizen and are separated from society as punishment for being a SHIT CITIZEN, you should lose the right to vote.

If scumbag criminals leaned right, the Dems would never try to pull this bullshit.

Everything the Dems do is for Votes and power and money for themselves. Nothing else matters.
Dems don't need Hail Mary for prison votes, because they always get more popular votes than repubs.

Republicans only win by catering to wealthy land owners in low population bible belt states gaining them electoral votes.

Harris wants to prevent government from arresting opposition party to prevent them from voting.

I love it how the Neo GOP flock has been groomed to believe and say things like "What they really meant is.....", not what they actually said. Especially when the source is a few years old. Like the drinking bleach bit when the Blurter in Chief actually said:
If you're unable to translate the word salads, non-answer answers, and deflection as the response, you don't understand politics very well.

Kamala thinks we should have that conversation lol. Marxists dumbocrats are evil.

The consequences of committing violent felonies result in loss of one's unalienable right to liberty and pursuit of happiness and in some cases life. Certainly losing one's right to vote in that case is justifiable and not unreasonable.

No, and convicted felons should not be allowed to run for president, and they should not be allowed to vote. Convicted felons like Trump should be in prison.
First off: you’re just a biased hack. The politically partisan persecutions were and are mere kangaroo trials or Soviet style show trials.

Secondly: although “found guilty” in NY, even that case is not yet an”conviction,” since there has been no sentencing yet and thus no “entry of judgment.”

Thirdly, there is no law prohibiting any person from becoming President merely because of a criminal conviction. Your hope would lie in the realm of a Constitutional Amendment.

Fourthly, even for the bullshit NY City conviction, a prison sentence is not required.

Your ignorance is astounding. Carry on, hector.

Forum List

Back