Signups for Official USMB Mafia Game #5

Wake

Easygoing Conservative
Jun 11, 2013
Hello all.

This is signups for the fifth game.

fire-and-ice.png

For the newbies reading this thread, Mafia is relatively simple in theory. The dynamics of human behavior are what makes it so interesting.

For our Veterans, I'm throwing you some curveballs in this one. Our game will be partly based on the classic Fire & Ice Open Setup. In this case, it'll be a Closed Setup, meaning no one will know which roles will be used in this game. Keeping with the essence of this game, if Fire Mafia and Ice Mafia attempt to kill the same person, their elementally-charged blasts will cancel one another out.

Furthermore, each and every one of you will be armed with one "
Green_Orb.png
," which will give you mysterious and clever Day-abilities that can be used only once during the game. To use whenever you wish, simply post "Activate: Name of Power."

Each Vote Count will be themed in Fire and Ice elements. Neighborhoods are possible. Also, Role PMs will get a different look.

Absolutely everyone is welcome to join the party. If you'd like to play, please, by all means, sign up here! :D:smiliehug:

Last edited:
It's a "game"? Who won the last one?

Not interested in playin', just askin'.

It's definitely a game, and a very fun one at that. :D

With Mafia, it's divided into teams. You've got the members of the Town, which are the uninformed majority, but they don't know who the Mafia are, or who the other Townies are either. The Mafia, on the other hand, are the informed minority. They know who's on their team, and they use their cleverness to manipulate the Town so they kill each other off.

The Town wins if it finds and kills the Mafia. The Mafia wins if its numbers equal or surpass that of the Town's. :D

It's an excellent, strategic mind-game.

I'll start with killing Wake.

So... who's up for starting game #6?

I'm only playing if the theme is:

Fuller Brush Men vs. DMV Clerks vs. Facebook Engineers

Would you like to join the party, House? I think you would like how stimulating the mental aspects of the game are. :D

[MENTION=44124]Wake[/MENTION] did you make a mistake on the deadline for Night on Game 4?

I think I am going to pass too, Wake. I was following along for awhile there, but it takes too long and I am an impatient person...and other factors are what makes me hesitant. So thanks for tagging me with the invite but....not at this time.

I'll start with killing Wake.

So... who's up for starting game #6?

You have to vote him like this:

Vote: Wake

;)

You playing, Wolfie?

Regards from Rosie

I just joined a newbie at the main site so hopefully I'm not taking on too much but sure, why not? RL is much calmer now so there shouldn't be any stress unless Wake puts me in a neighborhood with ice scum mani and fire scum ropey. :lol:

/in

I'm really excited for this game, because these exact elements I've tried elsewhere 3 years ago, and they proved to be very explosive, in that it caused a LOT of game activity. Each player in this game gets a very special ability that can only be activated once, which can be used in real-time, and the ability could be anything. :D

You have to vote him like this:

Vote: Wake

;)

You playing, Wolfie?

Regards from Rosie

I just joined a newbie at the main site so hopefully I'm not taking on too much but sure, why not? RL is much calmer now so there shouldn't be any stress unless Wake puts me in a neighborhood with ice scum mani and fire scum ropey. :lol:

/in

YAY! Woo HOO! Give 'em hell, Wolfie, don't take no crap!

Sometimes I think should I really unleash and be the first with three strikes and a Wake modkill?

Hasn't happened, but who knows? I could get all menopausal PMS on somebody!

Regards from Rosie

New Topics

Forum List

Back