Pastelli

Platinum Member
Nov 6, 2023
CNN-News-Central-1_11_59-pm-2024-10-07-432x243.jpg
UN: The United Nothing...

===

CNN News Central

Israel Remembers 1,200 People Killed in Oct.7 Terror Attacks; Families of Israeli Hostages Protest Outside Netanyahu's Home, One Year After Hamas Attacks; Milton Strengthens Into a Category 5 Hurricane. Aired 1-1:30p ET

Aired October 07, 2024 - 13:00 ET

[...]
KEILAR: Eylon, let me ask you about that before I let you go. Because we spoke in December last year, so long ago, almost 10 months ago, and you said time is running out and you don't feel heard by your government. You don't feel heard by so many global entities who you would look to for help. What do you want them to know? What do you need?

KESHET: I need them to understand that empathy is not enough. No amount of hugs and sad faces would bring back our families. We need real action from real people that has the authority to make such actions. And we don't need to fight.

[13:15:16]

It's wasted that we have to fight for normal civilians and for, again, a baby, a child, and two very innocent mother and father, and all the others. Why do we need to fight for their right to return? Why is it politicized? Why when we talk about it, people say, yeah, but Gaza. No, it doesn't have to do with anything. This is a humanitarian issue.

These are civilians that were targeted by terrorists with brutal acts of violence. And they kidnapped them from their home. And they butchered the dog and they destroyed the home on purpose. They didn't defend any infrastructure. They didn't defend -- fear didn't defend anyone, right? Fear is not an oppressor. It's not IDF. It's not the Israeli government. [Kfir] is just a freaking little baby.

You don't kidnap babies. Why do I need to spend a year going around the world, meeting with all these important figures, telling them the very basic moral that we all live by. No, you never kidnap babies. It's that simple.

Why so many people are silent about it? Why do I need to see posters of [Kfir] being ripped apart and then they say free Palestine? I saw it when I was in Ireland. [Kfir] poster ripped apart and they say it's free Palestine. What the hell does it have to do with anything?

[Kfir] is a baby that was kidnapped. He needs to go back home. That's it. There is no context for this. And this is what we've been going through. It's not just that we want our families back. We are fighting for our right to speak about this topic. The families, not the government, not officials, not politicians. Why do I have to defend my right to want my family to be back home?

We are fighting so many fights that I never thought, never imagined that in a Western, modern world I would have to do. And it's really tiring. It's really tiring. I can't believe that from the last time we talked 10 months ago, nothing has changed. Nothing, nothing changed. Only more hostages got rotten in captivity. More hostages died.

How could it be? I don't understand the government(s), and I don't understand the United Nations, and I don't understand all the people that actually have real power to do anything.

How can you be so ignorant? How can you be so indifferent to kidnap civilians? I don't understand it, and it drives me mad. It really drives me mad.

KEILAR: Eylon, that's completely understandable, and they deserve to be home. Eylon, thank you so much for taking a few moments with us on this day. We appreciate it.

___

448945499_1082351293258329_8593844312487581597_n.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back