Slavery vs sweatshop labor

Questioner

Nov 26, 2019
I'm curious if anyone has an opinion on slavery which has existed in past cultures, and on alleged sweatshop labor today, and which of the two misfortunes are worse.

I'm hoping for serious replies, rather than silly, anti-intellectual rhetoric about slavery predicated on historical inaccuracies, its history thereof, or the archaic and childish misinformation and primitive emotional appeals which anti-intellectual discussions about slavery, racism, sexism, and so forth as well as "wage slavery" is predicated on, more often than not, as opposed to depth, civility and rationality, a foreign concept to some archaic primates who pretend themselves worth of any serious discussion or consideration on said topic to begin with..

Slavery is much worse as it’s basically sweatshops PLUS a bunch of bad shit on top.

• Banned
Actual slavery discussions aside, I don't believe that archaic, corporate manufactured ideologies, falsehoods and whims which market sociopathic myths of "victimhood", "helplessness" or "oppression" to the underclass, and the serially dishonest, ill-informed, or immoral are worth anything approaching factual or rational discussion to begin with - as anyone from Aristotle, to Martin Luther King could aptly demonstrate to those to whom it just doesn't dawn on, being too stupid or intellectually dishonest to actually believe it or consider it to begin with, outside perhaps of some childish, inaccurate, fabricated, manufactured, or archetypical image they have conjured up in their head, realism and factual inaccuracies be damned.

Slavery is much worse as it’s basically sweatshops PLUS a bunch of bad shit on top.

With no pay.
Fair enough, that's a good argument.

As far as population goes, though - how many would you estimate are affected by sweatshop labor, as opposed to traditional slavery worldwide?

China and North Korea are technically Sweat Shop Nations that border on full Slavery...

So in today time Sweat Shops are larger but let remember the sex slave trade thrives well in today culture, so slavery is not dead by any means...

With no pay.

As far as population goes, though - how many would you estimate are affected by sweatshop labor, as opposed to traditional slavery worldwide?

Traditional slavery has been made illegal most everywhere.

Not that there isnt indentured servitude. For example : Oil Rich Mid East countries importing 3rd world labor and treating them like crap .

We had slavery right here at home up until the 1970s in the form of the Draft.

With no pay.

Traditional slavery has been made illegal most everywhere.

Not that there isnt indentured servitude. For example : Oil Rich Mid East countries importing 3rd world labor and treating them like crap .

Hate to tell you Timmy there are slaves here in America and North Korea is considered a slave Country...

So as it was outlawed it is practiced still in many Nations just not the Middle East...

China enslaves many of it population...

I'm curious if anyone has an opinion on slavery which has existed in past cultures, and on alleged sweatshop labor today, and which of the two misfortunes are worse.

I'm hoping for serious replies, rather than silly, anti-intellectual rhetoric about slavery predicated on historical inaccuracies, its history thereof, or the archaic and childish misinformation and primitive emotional appeals which anti-intellectual discussions about slavery, racism, sexism, and so forth as well as "wage slavery" is predicated on, more often than not, as opposed to depth, civility and rationality, a foreign concept to some archaic primates who pretend themselves worth of any serious discussion or consideration on said topic to begin with..
Slavery and sweatshops being disguised for slavery are one in the same to a huge degree. Forced labor is forced labor no matter how it is packaged or re-packaged up.

Having anyone to produce a service under what that service is at a bare minimums worth, and having no rights afforded them is basically borderline slavery at best. People hav learned well upon how to ride the edge in order to stay legal, but it don't make them always right either.

Modern 'slavery' takes many forms. Sex trafficking, sweatshop labor making shoes and clothes etc., mining, or in the case of China and North Korea straight up slave labor.

From historical accounts I have read on Black slavery in the South, many of the slaves were well cared for and probably had better lives than say children in Madagascar who work in Mica mines 6 days a week. That's just one example. It would be easy to cite examples of Black slavery being worse than modern slave labor as well.

I don't think you can make a blanket statement that 'pure slavery' from history is better or worse than modern slave labor.

Slavery came with free housing and food and medical.
Well the slavery part is when you can't just leave for an emergency, take a smoke break, leave the property, must go to a designated living quarters until return to work, being monitored everyday. Sounds like the Democrat plantation to me.

Well the slavery part is when you can't just leave for an emergency, take a smoke break, leave the property, must go to a designated living quarters until return to work, being monitored everyday. Sounds like the Democrat plantation to me.

Democrats? It’s the Gop fighting FOR sweatshops . They fight against fair labor, safety regs, unions , min wages .

Modern 'slavery' takes many forms. Sex trafficking, sweatshop labor making shoes and clothes etc., mining, or in the case of China and North Korea straight up slave labor.

From historical accounts I have read on Black slavery in the South, many of the slaves were well cared for and probably had better lives than say children in Madagascar who work in Mica mines 6 days a week. That's just one example. It would be easy to cite examples of Black slavery being worse than modern slave labor as well.

I don't think you can make a blanket statement that 'pure slavery' from history is better or worse than modern slave labor.
This is why America mixing it up with the world for the love of escaping regulations that were put in place after centuries of wars, education etc, was one of the biggest mistakes we had made. Then that super democrat Bill Clinton signed NAFTA into effect, and really sent us on a path straight to hell again.

Democrats? It’s the Gop fighting FOR sweatshops . They fight against fair labor, safety regs, unions , min wages .
The GOP wants more freedom in the workplace -less regulations-, but the Democrat's, ohhhhhh those democrat's yeah uh ok. They want the world at their finger tips or should I say at their claws.

Last edited:

The GOP fights against dependency that leads to slavery, but they aren't off the hook either.

The GOP wants more freedom in the workplace -less regulations-, but the Democrat's, ohhhhhh those democrat's yeah uh ok. They want the world at their finger tips or should I say at their claws.

Yes . The freedom to die in a warehouse fire! The freedom to fire workers who get pregnant or sick !

That’s the freedom the gop loves .

Forum List

Back