So I need tips for sleep.

Hello y'all. I had hardly slept a wink in the past two days. My sleep meds are not working. Do y'all have any tips? I need some sleep very badly that I have tremors and sweat when I try to take naps.

What is your usual bedtime? I turn off the TV and no computer one half hour before I go to sleep. I also read before going to bed. Try Melatonin as well.

I use Trazadone and melatonin. Around 300mg of Trazadone and that usually knocks me out. 20 or so mg of melatonin.

That's a high dose of Trazodone. Assuming it was prescribed to you for depression? I would try no screens for 2 hours before bedtime, don't eat within 3-4 hours of bedtime (no caffeine), and maybe some stretching or light yoga. Keep the room cool. Good luck.

here try this............

1727190746118.png

I use Trazadone and melatonin. Around 300mg of Trazadone and that usually knocks me out. 20 or so mg of melatonin.
That is a maximum dose of Trazadone and way more melatonin than the vast majority of people need and could be having the reverse effect from what you want. Be sure your doctor approves of that. The young rarely need more melatonin than their brain produces or at most 1mg melatonin.

Be sure you are getting some healthy exercise during the day.

Avoid caffeine (tea, coffee, chocolate, other high caffeine substances) after an early dinner, any sugary snack such as a cookie or ice cream should be consumed hours before you retire. Discontinue all computer, tablet, phone, TV, E reader activity for at least 30 minute to an hour before you retire--the blue light from these does affect many people adversely when it comes to sleep. (Use that time to meditate, pray, or read from printed magazines, books etc.) Have a cup of herbal sleepy time tea unsweetened or with a little honey or other natural sweetener--no refined sugar--before retiring. If you need white noise--many people do--use the radio or put on some soothing music etc.

Good luck.

Forum List

Back