So, Is Any Dog Who Attacks A Child Automatically A Pitbull?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
This came up in my other thread and I think that I'm starting to see why Pitbulls have such a bad reputation now. This dog was claimed to be a Pitbull by another member on here but it's a Labrador/Chow mix,...

But NO, they just automatically assumed that it attacked a child that it just had to be a Pitbull. (I knew it wasn't even before looking it up just to double check btw.)

It's mostly about the owner of the dog, but pitbulls are bred to be the best choice to start with.

While some breeds will be next to impossible to motivate in a dangerous direction.

Beware of the short fat billies out walking a pitbull. They're only out looking to make the point that their dog makes them tall.

Problem with Pit Bulls is if they do attack someone, the probability that someone will be killed or critically injured is much higher than many other breeds. I've never heard of anyone being killed by a beagle.

This came up in my other thread and I think that I'm starting to see why Pitbulls have such a bad reputation now. This dog was claimed to be a Pitbull by another member on here but it's a Labrador/Chow mix,...

But NO, they just automatically assumed that it attacked a child that it just had to be a Pitbull. (I knew it wasn't even before looking it up just to double check btw.)

For a couple of years, I worked for the Postal Service, many years ago (didn't like it). New delivery postal workers were and maybe still are, given the parts of a well established mailpersons route that he/she would rather someone else take. So, you get the crappy parts of the route. Anyway, the most vicious dog I came across was, believe it or not, a Basset Hound! That dog wanted to tear into me in the worst way, but due to his limited reach, all he could keep doing was do short leaps at me, while I kept the mailbag between us until the owner ran out and stopped it.

It depends on the politics of the owner and the dog. If they are republicans then both of them are pitbulls, even a little old lady with a chihuahua. But if they are both democrats then neither is a pitbull and the kid is a gun-totin' MAGA person and it was self-defense.

Problem with Pit Bulls is if they do attack someone, the probability that someone will be killed or critically injured is much higher than many other breeds. I've never heard of anyone being killed by a beagle.

Yeah but I still knew a mean Beagle once. My aunt had one and I'm not saying that Pitbulls can't attack you but writing up a Pitbull attack for a dog who isn't even remotely a Pitbull and just blaming the breed for it is what I have problems with.

Our small old poodle has gone almost 17 hours since nipping at one of us. She is a mean old coot.

Yeah, I know that Poodles can be mean. So can Chihuahuas. Ironically as many Pitbulls that I've been around the first time in my life I ever got bit was by a Chihuahua.

It depends on the politics of the owner and the dog. If they are republicans then both of them are pitbulls, even a little old lady with a chihuahua. But if they are both democrats then neither is a pitbull and the kid is a gun-totin' MAGA person and it was self-defense.

I think that I get what you're saying.

Yeah, I know that Poodles can be mean. So can Chihuahuas. Ironically as many Pitbulls that I've been around the first time in my life I ever got bit was by a Chihuahua.
The first scar I got from a dog was our pitbull, but he was a tiny puppy with puppy needle teeth and zinged my bare knee while playing. The second was our bird dog. Pro-tip don't play get the bit of chicken with your hand by your face with a dog taller than you when he stands up...:)

There were times I was pouring blood while training him to protect the house. My arms and left hand is where blood poured out. I refused to go to the hospital. I never gotten close to bleeding out. If I was in that danger, I would kill my dog in self defense. But he won't be doing that anymore since I fully trained him.

Yeah, exactly!

But the breed has been developed to kill and some children's faces will be torn to pieces from time to time. Or worse!
Best reason on earth never to own a dog that is bred to kill and tear children's faces off from time to time.

Best reason on earth never to own a dog that is bred to kill and tear children's faces off from time to time.

The only reasons that I can think of right now is why Pitbulls still attack people and children is that they aren't closely monitored and they are undisciplined. That's just me though but I have yet to see one video in my other Pitbull thread where poor ownership wasn't the case.

The only reasons that I can think of right now is why Pitbulls still attack people and children is that they aren't closely monitored and they are undisciplined. That's just me though but I have yet to see one video in my other Pitbull thread where poor ownership wasn't the case.
Are the owners of Poodles or Retrievers, or Weimaraners any different from the owners of Pits? Does the previous owners of a Lab change dramatically when their next dog is a Pitbull? It isn't the owners, it is the breed. Pitt bulls kill people because they are bred to kill. That trait is inbred, and humans never know when it might rear it's ugly head until the dog exhibits it. You simply can't ignore the statistics. The very best owners cannot change a dog's instincts. Pitt bulls and Rottweilers are dangerous dogs. They earned the #1 and #2 most dangerous.
It is a crap shoot as to if or when your Pitbull will become dangerous at some point. Why would you take the chance when there are so many breeds that can and will protect you, that haven't been bred to kill, and are genetically much safer?

Last edited:
Are the owners of Poodles or Retrievers, or Weimaraners any different from the owners of Pits? Does the previous owners of a Lab change dramatically when their next dog is a Pitbull? It isn't the owners, it is the breed. Pitt bulls kill people because they are bred to kill. That trait is inbred, and humans never know when it might rear it's ugly head until the dog exhibits it. You simply can't ignore the statistics. The very best owners cannot change a dog's instincts. Pitt bulls and Rottweilers are dangerous dogs. They earned the #1 and #2 most dangerous.
It is a crap shoot as to if and when your Pitbull will become dangerous at some point. Why would you take the chance when there are so many breeds that can and will protect you, that haven't been bred to kill, and are genetically much safer?

In order for somebody to be a good Pitbull owner they have to know the breed and temperament just like every other breed. Beagles have a prey drive so they could easily kill a cat but if they're monitored with them and grow up with them there's a lesser chance.

Because of their strength and energy Pitbulls need lots of exercise, because they were bred to be a fighting dog they need to be closely monitored when they're with children and or animals and even more closer than other dogs if left undisciplined. If they are properly trained I wouldn't see it being any different as closely monitoring any other animal.

So, none of the owners of Pitbull's that have maimed or killed someone are good owners? What if they have a Pointer and a Pitbull, and the Pointer doesn't kill someone, are they partially good dog owners? I would think that most Pitbull owners know what is necessary for their breed, but that doesn't make the breed less dangerous since they are specially bred to be dangerous. Cities have laws in place for Pitbull owners because they are such a dangerous liability.
I can't imagine owning a dog that needed constant surveillance or close monitoring to insure no one is hurt by the dog. My dogs monitor for me, not the other way around.

I would think that most Pitbull owners know what is necessary for their breed.

You would think but they often don't and any dog needs to be monitored with other animals and kids, but if it's well trained then you don't have to monitor them so much.

In the other thread was a little boy whose face was ripped apart. The owners of that dog will lose everything they own do to the law suit. I would just rather have a dog that wasn't capable of costing me everything. One that I can trust.

Forum List

Back