Some NFL stadiums appear empth, is the boycott working?

There is no doubt that the racist NFL Kneelers have only damaged themselves.
The 2017 NFL season is over.

Yeah, instead of making $16 billion like they did last year, they'll only make $15 billion this year. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:
Pro football is the most popular sport in America and will continue to be for decades to come, despite you nut jobs feeble attempt at boycotting.
:trolls:

Boy someone is in denial mode.:rofl:

^^^ a rightwing putz running away from the thread topic.
Hardly, snowflake. I have posted links to articles in the past about stadiums being half-empty...to which snowflakes have responded how those have only been the stadiums of losing teams.

I have posted published photos of nowhere-near 'filled to capacity stadiums', as snowflakes have claimed, proviing they lied, and they always lie / deny / justify their lies.

I'm still standing here, not running, still dealing with snowflake BS. I just don't have the same interest in this issue, as it is one of the lesser piss-poor partisan political attacks on Trump and a distraction from the recently further revealed treason and criminal activities of Mueller, Obama, Holder, and the Clintons regarding the KNOWN wide-spread Russian Bribery / Extortion / Influence Purchasing of the Russians in 2009.
they don't understand that attendance numbers are counted as paid attendance, not the numbers in the stadium. funny.
Idiot...

The numbers I posted were the number of people to walk through the gate.

So you want us to believe skewed numbers or pictures?
What a pity you have no evidence to show those numbers are skewed. The pictures certainly fail to prove the numbers are wrong since every single picture is from the opening kickoff or even earlier.

Someone capable of critical thinking would wonder why no one is posting pictures of half empty stadiums during the second quarter....

You’re being played and you don’t even know it.

You have a time stamp to prove those pictures were taking before the game started?

Here are some stats, some teams up, some down. Overall it looks like the attendance is down maybe 4-5 percent.

2017 NFL Football Attendance - National Football League - ESPN

Okay, now here are some facts you've actually presented. So let's look at which teams are protesting.

Green Bay has been taking a knee, their attendance is up.
Chicago has been taking a knee, their attendance is up slightly, even though they are having a shitty year.
Pittsburgh - They are about flat.
San Francisco, where all this stuff started. They are up 102% at home.

So there seems to be no correlation between the teams making protests and a drop in attendance.
never seen either Green Bay or the Bears players take a knee. You are mistaken. again, you can't use attendance because that counts as paid attendance. most nfl teams have full season ticket holder fan bases. In order to get season tickets one has to go on a waiting list. hmmmm your point isn't valid. Last week 1/4 of Soldier field was empty. you know, no asses in the seats.
Dumbass, attendance is the number of people at the stadium. Who told you otherwise?

Hardly, snowflake. I have posted links to articles in the past about stadiums being half-empty...to which snowflakes have responded how those have only been the stadiums of losing teams.

I have posted published photos of nowhere-near 'filled to capacity stadiums', as snowflakes have claimed, proviing they lied, and they always lie / deny / justify their lies.

I'm still standing here, not running, still dealing with snowflake BS. I just don't have the same interest in this issue, as it is one of the lesser piss-poor partisan political attacks on Trump and a distraction from the recently further revealed treason and criminal activities of Mueller, Obama, Holder, and the Clintons regarding the KNOWN wide-spread Russian Bribery / Extortion / Influence Purchasing of the Russians in 2009.
they don't understand that attendance numbers are counted as paid attendance, not the numbers in the stadium. funny.
Idiot...

The numbers I posted were the number of people to walk through the gate.

So you want us to believe skewed numbers or pictures?
What a pity you have no evidence to show those numbers are skewed. The pictures certainly fail to prove the numbers are wrong since every single picture is from the opening kickoff or even earlier.

Someone capable of critical thinking would wonder why no one is posting pictures of half empty stadiums during the second quarter....

You’re being played and you don’t even know it.

You have a time stamp to prove those pictures were taking before the game started?
Try looking at the pictures.

The wife and I are holding firm. It would appear that in some city the same can be said. I am not sure how performers can piss off their core audience and then expect loyalty. Or maybe these team just suck and no one wants to pay 300 dollars to see them play.

NFL HELL: Several Stadiums Nearly Empty As Anthem Protest Backlash Rolls Into Week 7 (PHOTOS)

People need to stop watching them on TV and buying their merchandise. Ticket sales and even concession sales are a small part of their profits
Why do you hate the Constitution?
It has nothing to do with the Constitution and you damn well know it. So what does that make you?
Of course it does. It’s their Constitutional right to protest the government by not standing for the National Anthem. That’s what our armed forces fight to defend. So why do you hate the Constitution?
How hilarious, apparently you along with the majority of NFL players don't know why they are protesting. No protest before Trump commented, so what exactly is the protest? What the government is doing or Trump? (hint: it's Trump)

Even the left wing propaganda arm disagrees with you.

There is no constitutional right to take a knee while you're at work (opinion) - CNN

Can the players be benched or fired for their protest? Certainly can, thus it is not a right.

Last edited:
The wife and I are holding firm. It would appear that in some city the same can be said. I am not sure how performers can piss off their core audience and then expect loyalty. Or maybe these team just suck and no one wants to pay 300 dollars to see them play.

NFL HELL: Several Stadiums Nearly Empty As Anthem Protest Backlash Rolls Into Week 7 (PHOTOS)

People need to stop watching them on TV and buying their merchandise. Ticket sales and even concession sales are a small part of their profits
It has nothing to do with the Constitution and you damn well know it. So what does that make you?
Of course it does. It’s their Constitutional right to protest the government by not standing for the National Anthem. That’s what our armed forces fight to defend. So why do you hate the Constitution?
How hilarious, apparently you along with the majority of NFL players don't know why they are protesting. No protest before Trump commented, so what exactly is the protest? What the government is doing or Trump? (hint: it's Trump)

There is no constitutional right to take a knee while you're at work (opinion) - CNN

Can the players be benched or fired for their protest? Certainly can, thus it is not a right.
That you don’t know they were protesting before trump opened his pie hole only served to expose you don’t know what you’re talking about.

And no one loses their Constitutional rights when they go to work. But private companies have rights too and can fire employees if their rights are violated. Regarding firing NFL players for not standing during the National Anthem is not so clear cut since players have contracts and standing for the National Anthem is not a written requirement.

Whether someone agrees with the basis for the NFL protestors does not have anything to do with the Constitution. Very few people, if any, have claimed that the players do not have a legal right to protest. Instead, those who are boycotting and angry about the protests seem to be saying they think it is the wrong way to go about it, the wrong venue, or a false narrative; things of that nature.

I tend to see the outrage over the few protesting players as a sign of extremely questionable standards: boycott over peaceful protests, but not over the various cheaters, drug users, and criminals in the NFL? I don't think it speaks well of a person to get so upset by a protest about racial inequality that one has to boycott, but not bat an eye when a convicted dog ring runner gets to come back after prison to be a starter, or a player like Pacman Jones, who has been arrested seemingly a dozen times, and even was drafted while on probation.

That said, trying to make this out to be a Constitutional issue is disingenuous at best. Players have the right to protest, as do all US citizens. That does not mean that anyone has to watch, nor does it mean that deciding not to watch is in any way a violation of the players' Constitutional rights or a wish for the players to be denied those rights. Having a right to protest in no way requires others to accept the validity of the protestors' opinions or message.

The KKK has the Constitutional right to gather and protest, let's say school integration. Does that mean if you denounce the KKK and their protest, that you hate the Constitution? Of course not.

And just to make a quick comment about whether players could be suspended for the protests, I think the NFL would have a pretty good argument that they can be, based on the relevant portion of the NFL Game Operations Manual. They don't appear to be following that path, though. Perhaps after the season standing during the anthem will become mandatory, who knows?

Whether someone agrees with the basis for the NFL protestors does not have anything to do with the Constitution. Very few people, if any, have claimed that the players do not have a legal right to protest. Instead, those who are boycotting and angry about the protests seem to be saying they think it is the wrong way to go about it, the wrong venue, or a false narrative; things of that nature.

I tend to see the outrage over the few protesting players as a sign of extremely questionable standards: boycott over peaceful protests, but not over the various cheaters, drug users, and criminals in the NFL? I don't think it speaks well of a person to get so upset by a protest about racial inequality that one has to boycott, but not bat an eye when a convicted dog ring runner gets to come back after prison to be a starter, or a player like Pacman Jones, who has been arrested seemingly a dozen times, and even was drafted while on probation.

That said, trying to make this out to be a Constitutional issue is disingenuous at best. Players have the right to protest, as do all US citizens. That does not mean that anyone has to watch, nor does it mean that deciding not to watch is in any way a violation of the players' Constitutional rights or a wish for the players to be denied those rights. Having a right to protest in no way requires others to accept the validity of the protestors' opinions or message.

The KKK has the Constitutional right to gather and protest, let's say school integration. Does that mean if you denounce the KKK and their protest, that you hate the Constitution? Of course not.

And just to make a quick comment about whether players could be suspended for the protests, I think the NFL would have a pretty good argument that they can be, based on the relevant portion of the NFL Game Operations Manual. They don't appear to be following that path, though. Perhaps after the season standing during the anthem will become mandatory, who knows?
Merely denouncing someone’s protest does not, in itself, demonstrate contempt for the Constitution; however, trying to suppress someone’s ability to exercise their Constitutional rights absolutely does. Which is what many on the right are trying to do by boycotting the NFL over this issue.

To borrow your analogy of the KKK...

You point out that denouncing them and their protest does not demonstrate hatred for the Constitution and you are 100% correct since such an approach still recognizes the KKK’s Constitutional rights.

However, to apply the approach by many on the right who are trying to coerce the NFL to squash the players’ Constitutional rights would be akin to trying to prevent the KKK from speaking at all, thus denying the KKK their Constitutional rights; and at the peril of themselves disrespecting the Constitution.

Merely denouncing someone’s protest does not, in itself, demonstrate contempt for the Constitution; however, trying to suppress someone’s ability to exercise their Constitutional rights absolutely does. Which is what many on the right are trying to do by boycotting the NFL over this issue.

You point out that denouncing them and their protest does not demonstrate hatred for the Constitution and you are 100% correct since such an approach still recognizes the KKK’s Constitutional rights.

However, to apply the approach by many on the right who are trying to coerce the NFL to squash the players’ Constitutional rights would be akin to trying to prevent the KKK from speaking at all, thus denying the KKK their Constitutional rights; and at the peril of themselves disrespecting the Constitution.

I'm sorry, but you are entirely incorrect here. No NFL player will be prevented from speaking or protesting because of a boycott. The most that could happen is that the NFL players might be prevented from using the NFL as a way to protest, and that is in no way a Constitutional right. You are conflating the right to speak or protest with the right to do so as part of an NFL game. Boycotting a product is not in any way a suppression of anyone's Constitutional rights. No one has a Constitutional right for their product to be purchased, nor does anyone have a Constitutional responsibility to purchase a particular product. No one is guaranteed the right to protest during an NFL game as a member of an NFL team.

A more apt analogy would be if there were a popular television show, and members of the KKK were given the opportunity to speak about their cause on the show. If viewers decided to stop watching the show and stop buying products based on the show, it would in no way be preventing the KKK members from speaking; at most, it would end up with the KKK members no longer being provided that particular venue to broadcast their speech.

What you talkin' about Willis, most people know they DON'T have the right to protest at a private business. But people like fawn want to take the easiest argument and they just lie about it being a right.

That you don’t know they were protesting before trump opened his pie hole only served to expose you don’t know what you’re talking about.

And no one loses their Constitutional rights when they go to work. But private companies have rights too and can fire employees if their rights are violated. Regarding firing NFL players for not standing during the National Anthem is not so clear cut since players have contracts and standing for the National Anthem is not a written requirement.
The only thing I can think I s that you have never gone to work, that is the only logical answer. As soon as you walk through the doors at work you kiss your rights goodbye. They can drug test you for no reason. You can't protest and get away with it. You can't carry a gun.

Sad when presented with the information from CNN you still lie on, really sad. I now say lie because you for sure know the truth but still say otherwise, that is lying in anyone's book.

The only thing I can think I s that you have never gone to work, that is the only logical answer. As soon as you walk through the doors at work you kiss your rights goodbye. They can drug test you for no reason. You can't protest and get away with it. You can't carry a gun.

Sad when presented with the information from CNN you still lie on, really sad. I now say lie because you for sure know the truth but still say otherwise, that is lying in anyone's book.

You certainly do not "kiss your rights goodbye." You continue to enjoy all of your rights when at your place of employment. The right to protest, to use the current example, simply does not mean the right to protest at your place of employment during work hours.

You certainly do not "kiss your rights goodbye." You continue to enjoy all of your rights when at your place of employment. The right to protest, to use the current example, simply does not mean the right to protest at your place of employment during work hours.
While at work was the subject and yes you do not have a constitutional right to do anything. Although a person does have the ability to quit.

While at work was the subject and yes you do not have a constitutional right to do anything. Although a person does have the ability to quit.

You DO still have the same Constitutional rights at work that you have anywhere else. The problem is understanding just what those rights do and do not entail. Going to work does not get rid of a person's right to protest, it does not get rid of a person's right to keep and bear arms, etc. However, those rights do not mean you can exercise them anywhere, at any time, and without consequence. In other words, you do not have a right to protest at your job.....but you don't have that right when you aren't at your job and then lose it when you get to work; you never have a right to protest on someone else's private property if they do not want you to. Similarly, you do not lose the right to keep and bear arms when you go to work....but again, you don't have a right to bear arms onto someone else's private property if they do not want you to.

It isn't a matter of losing rights when at work, but instead it is realizing the limitations on one's rights. The way you are phrasing it makes it sound as though when you get to work, you lose rights, and that is not the case. Your rights just aren't absolute. :dunno:

Here are some stats, some teams up, some down. Overall it looks like the attendance is down maybe 4-5 percent.

Okay, now here are some facts you've actually presented. So let's look at which teams are protesting.

Chicago has been taking a knee, their attendance is up slightly, even though they are having a shitty year.

So there seems to be no correlation between the teams making protests and a drop in attendance.
never seen either Green Bay or the Bears players take a knee. You are mistaken. again, you can't use attendance because that counts as paid attendance. most nfl teams have full season ticket holder fan bases. In order to get season tickets one has to go on a waiting list. hmmmm your point isn't valid. Last week 1/4 of Soldier field was empty. you know, no asses in the seats.

this troll reminds me of some of the idiots around here who said the Rams had good support in st louis the last serveral years,he uses the same old retarded logic that because of the attendance listed,they had good support.:cuckoo::lmao::haha: the paid attendance and the actual butts that show up for the games are two entirely different things.:lmao:

I dont know about the bears situation but with the RAMS the last several years there,the attendance was so horrible that it was pretty obvious that stan kroneke was buying up the seats there to make the numbers look like they had a pretty good showing with the stats saying they had like 55,000 in attendance for 65,000 seat capacity stadium.

problem is I went to one of their games out there like five years ago and the actual BUTTS in the seats were i would estimate to be only like 25,000 or so,it was so empty and such a ghostown it was easy as pie to get a good seat up close to the field in the LOWER LEVEL section no less.:lmao:

and most the fans there were the same as what is happening in LA with the chargers,the majority being fans of the opposing team.lol

if not for the opposing teams fans that showed up,i would say there would have been no more than 10,000 people in the whole stadium.:lmao:

here is what you ACTUALLY saw if you went to Rams games in st louis the last 15 years or so.:D

any wonder kroneke wanted out of st louis so bad when he took over as owner just five years ago or so.:lmao::rofl:
10606215_1471924763079217_8664616694931188706_n.jpg

526193_10151118487880981_813277931_n.jpg

sounds to me like this is what is going on at Bear games in chicago as well? hee hee.

troll joe here though,he ignores pesky facts like this and waht you mentioned since it does not go along with his babble.hee hee.

Last edited:

this troll reminds me of some of the idiots around here who said the Rams had good support in st louis the last serveral years,he uses the same old retarded logic that because of the attendance listed,they had good support.:cuckoo::lmao::haha: the paid attendance and the actual butts that show up for the games are two entirely different things.:lmao:

I dont know about the bears situation but with the RAMS the last several years there,the attendance was so horrible that it was pretty obvious that stan kroneke was buying up the seats there to make the numbers look like they had a pretty good showing with the stats saying they had like 55,000 in attendance for 65,000 seat capacity stadium.

problem is I went to one of their games out there like five years ago and the actual BUTTS in the seats were i would estimate to be only like 25,000 or so,it was so empty and such a ghostown it was easy as pie to get a good seat up close to the field in the LOWER LEVEL section no less.:lmao:

and most the fans there were the same as what is happening in LA with the chargers,the majority being fans of the opposing team.lol

if not for the opposing teams fans that showed up,i would say there would have been no more than 10,000 people in the whole stadium.:lmao:

here is what you ACTUALLY saw if you went to Rams games in st louis the last 15 years or so.:D

any wonder kroneke wanted out of st louis so bad when he took over as owner just five years ago or so.:lmao::rofl:
10606215_1471924763079217_8664616694931188706_n.jpg

526193_10151118487880981_813277931_n.jpg

sounds to me like this is what is going on at Bear games in chicago as well? hee hee.

troll joe here though,he ignores pesky facts like this and waht you mentioned since it does not go along with his babble.hee hee.
Why’d they leave LA to begin with? And how many times have they left?

I'm sorry, but you are entirely incorrect here. No NFL player will be prevented from speaking or protesting because of a boycott. The most that could happen is that the NFL players might be prevented from using the NFL as a way to protest, and that is in no way a Constitutional right. You are conflating the right to speak or protest with the right to do so as part of an NFL game. Boycotting a product is not in any way a suppression of anyone's Constitutional rights. No one has a Constitutional right for their product to be purchased, nor does anyone have a Constitutional responsibility to purchase a particular product. No one is guaranteed the right to protest during an NFL game as a member of an NFL team.

A more apt analogy would be if there were a popular television show, and members of the KKK were given the opportunity to speak about their cause on the show. If viewers decided to stop watching the show and stop buying products based on the show, it would in no way be preventing the KKK members from speaking; at most, it would end up with the KKK members no longer being provided that particular venue to broadcast their speech.
Not exactly. The players, for the most part, are able to express their right to protest in the fashion they are. There are folks who are using a boycott to pressure the NFL to squash that right.

What you talkin' about Willis, most people know they DON'T have the right to protest at a private business. But people like fawn want to take the easiest argument and they just lie about it being a right.
That varies on the state and the employer and the right.

You DO still have the same Constitutional rights at work that you have anywhere else. The problem is understanding just what those rights do and do not entail. Going to work does not get rid of a person's right to protest, it does not get rid of a person's right to keep and bear arms, etc. However, those rights do not mean you can exercise them anywhere, at any time, and without consequence. In other words, you do not have a right to protest at your job.....but you don't have that right when you aren't at your job and then lose it when you get to work; you never have a right to protest on someone else's private property if they do not want you to. Similarly, you do not lose the right to keep and bear arms when you go to work....but again, you don't have a right to bear arms onto someone else's private property if they do not want you to.

It isn't a matter of losing rights when at work, but instead it is realizing the limitations on one's rights. The way you are phrasing it makes it sound as though when you get to work, you lose rights, and that is not the case. Your rights just aren't absolute. :dunno:

In reality, the First Amendment restricts only the government from abridging the freedom of speech; NFL players, as employees of private employers, leave their First Amendment free speech rights at the door. However, under some state constitutions, free speech rights may be broader than under the U.S. Constitution. Thus, the protests by NFL players cannot be prohibited by the government, but may be prohibited by their teams. As private employees, the NFL players are subject to the terms of their collective bargaining agreements, their employment contracts, contract law, and NFL rules, all of which could restrict their speech.

Politics in the Workplace: Do NFL Players Have Freedom of Speech to Protest at Games? | JD Supra

Bottom line, no matter how you parse it, it is not a right to protest at work. The first amendment spells out what the government can and can not do, no private companies.

That varies on the state and the employer and the right.
Politics in the Workplace: Do NFL Players Have Freedom of Speech to Protest at Games? | JD Supra

Forum List

Back