something a Emirati told me

shoshi

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2020
He said you have peace treaties with Jordan and Egypt. With us you have normalization. Would a Bahraini or Sudanese say the same? i will find out one day.

UAE:
1 million Emiratis in whole world.
They're 11% of total population in their own country. The rest is immigrants/ quasi slave-labors.
It's just another country whose borders have been drawn up by imperialists.
It's a country who has made several enemies in the region and its game-plan is to cozy up to Israelis in hope US-Jewish lobby will save them.
They've no historical narrative, the only thing they've is money and they're behaving like new-rich pricks throughout all the region. 50 years ago, before oil, it was all just desert.
I give them maximum 15 years before their so-called "leaders"/Kings are dragged through the streets.

RE: something a Emirati told me
SUBTOPIC: Deceptive Language
⁜→ shoshi, et al,

BLUF: Well, I've seen this before. This difference between a "Treaty" and a "Normalization" agreement may sound different but are the same thing.

He said you have peace treaties with Jordan and Egypt. With us you have normalization. Would a Bahraini or Sudanese say the same? i will find out one day.
(COMMENT)

This is a diplomatic sleight of hand. This non-distinct - distinction takes advantage of the layman's limited vocabulary on such matters. Many years ago, when I took a class in contract law, the Professor said: it rests upon the idea of - "what you think you heard, is not what was said."

Vienna Convention on the Law of Treaties said:
1. For the purposes of the present Convention:
(a) “treaty” means an international agreement concluded between States in written form and governed by international law, whether embodied in a single instrument or in two or more related instruments and whatever its particular designation;​
SOURCE: Vienna Convention on the Law of TreatiesCopyright © United Nations 2005 • Entered into force on 27 January 1980. United Nations, Treaty Series, vol. 1155, p. 331

They are all treaties. They just manipulate the agreements such that they can say that they don't have a "Peace Treaty" (with the limitation of "Peace") but rather a Normalization Agreement (with the emphasis on "Normalization). The words "Treaty and "Agreement" are the same thing. Any "agreement" between two nations means a "treaty."

The wording is just to make it sound like something politically correct.
1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:

Forum List

Back