Spankings

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Did you spank your kids? Were you spanked by your parents? And when I say the word SPANK, I mean open hand, on a butt. Not a fist. Not a belt. Not a switch. Not beating up.

Nowadays, "time out" seems to be the new schtick. And I think that is what is wrong with todays kids. I got spanked..and I didn't turn into a serial killer. I also spanked my kid...and smacked his hand when he would reach for something that could hurt him..with a firm NO to go along with it....only for him to do his toddler thang and EHHHHHHH! with a frown only to reach again...which got him another smack on the back of his hand. Not with a ruler, not with a stick, not with a frying pan, not with a hot poker...a SMACK...my hand smacking his. Then the tantrum. Or the crying session. Which nowadays means he is forever ruined and will relate to that smack to growing up as a woman beater. Eye roll.

Anyway...I digress. Did you spank and/or were you spanked? Or are you the Time Out kinda parent?

No, I did what every good liberal did.

I drugged My kids into submission.

I didn't, but that is what is expected in lieu of minor discipline.

Nope, I never hit my kids, or my wife, or any of my dogs or cats. I even lift out bees and other insects which I see struggle when they fall in the pool.

I thought I was the only one that fished bees and bugs out of pools. Glad to know I am not alone.
I never smacked my dogs either. For them, I had the Evil Voice. :lol:
I did get beat up by an ex hubby though. He looked awful when I got done with him. ;)

"Paleta" was well used in our home, one on each thermostat (wooden spoon)...

I hated using it, yet I didn't let them off the hook...

Grandma spanked me, fly swattered me, switched me or belted me. But given my strength, I won't be hitting my children when I do have them. Although switches (or hickory tees) as she called them, don't require much of it to get the um, point across...

I am sure I was spanked, I remember dad getting his strap out if I was naughty. If I had kids, I wouldn't hit them. I'd take away their TV time, no desert after dinner, no toys etc.

Did you spank your kids? Were you spanked by your parents? And when I say the word SPANK, I mean open hand, on a butt. Not a fist. Not a belt. Not a switch. Not beating up.

Nowadays, "time out" seems to be the new schtick. And I think that is what is wrong with todays kids. I got spanked..and I didn't turn into a serial killer. I also spanked my kid...and smacked his hand when he would reach for something that could hurt him..with a firm NO to go along with it....only for him to do his toddler thang and EHHHHHHH! with a frown only to reach again...which got him another smack on the back of his hand. Not with a ruler, not with a stick, not with a frying pan, not with a hot poker...a SMACK...my hand smacking his. Then the tantrum. Or the crying session. Which nowadays means he is forever ruined and will relate to that smack to growing up as a woman beater. Eye roll.

Anyway...I digress. Did you spank and/or were you spanked? Or are you the Time Out kinda parent?

I have never struck my kids, and they are wonderful children who are liked by adults.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/usmb-badlands/316086-a-spanking-anyone.html

Happy Reading! :eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back