Spy chief says China is bent on stealing Canadian secrets, silencing critics

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
We need MORE of this. The head of the CIA should be calling this out and making sure that politicians address it. Remaining silent and sheepish is a green light to the communists who love to roll over the meek and weak.

I'd love to see the CIA come out and remind citizens, make sure politicians can't keep their heads in the sand. This is not a threat that you operate against in the usual quiet manner. That's my opinion from listening to Japan, India and Taiwan on global news networks that the Useful Idiot MSM in North America ignore (funny how this article was on front page of the CBC for all of an hour or two).

Canada has major problems with our covert police, from the RCMP on down. So, Russia and China have used Canada as their personal playgrounds. This is going to require a major rethink by how our intelligence agencies operate, including, I would argue; an increased focus on police activities as they clearly represent a domestic and national security threat.

OTTAWA -- The head of the Canadian Security Intelligence Service warns that China is undermining Canada through its efforts to steal valuable technology and silence critics of Beijing's policies.

In a speech Tuesday sponsored by the Centre for International Governance Innovation, CSIS director David Vigneault said all sectors of Canadian society must work together to fend off these threats.

"To be clear, the threat does not come from the Chinese people, but rather from the government of China that is pursuing a strategy for geopolitical advantage on all fronts -- economic, technological, political, and military," Vigneault said.

He bluntly stated that Beijing is "using all events, all elements of state power, to carry out activities that are a direct threat to our national security and sovereignty."

"We all must strengthen our defences."

We need MORE of this. The head of the CIA should be calling this out and making sure that politicians address it. Remaining silent and sheepish is a green light to the communists who love to roll over the meek and weak.

I'd love to see the CIA come out and remind citizens, make sure politicians can't keep their heads in the sand. This is not a threat that you operate against in the usual quiet manner. That's my opinion from listening to Japan, India and Taiwan on global news networks that the Useful Idiot MSM in North America ignore (funny how this article was on front page of the CBC for all of an hour or two).

Canada has major problems with our covert police, from the RCMP on down. So, Russia and China have used Canada as their personal playgrounds. This is going to require a major rethink by how our intelligence agencies operate, including, I would argue; an increased focus on police activities as they clearly represent a domestic and national security threat.

OTTAWA -- The head of the Canadian Security Intelligence Service warns that China is undermining Canada through its efforts to steal valuable technology and silence critics of Beijing's policies.

In a speech Tuesday sponsored by the Centre for International Governance Innovation, CSIS director David Vigneault said all sectors of Canadian society must work together to fend off these threats.

"To be clear, the threat does not come from the Chinese people, but rather from the government of China that is pursuing a strategy for geopolitical advantage on all fronts -- economic, technological, political, and military," Vigneault said.

He bluntly stated that Beijing is "using all events, all elements of state power, to carry out activities that are a direct threat to our national security and sovereignty."

"We all must strengthen our defences."
Ya, Tim Horton locations are not exactly secret it is on Google maps. Satellite photos tell us where your rocks and trees and water are . They may want to know how y'all keep your public bathrooms so clean though.

Forum List

Back