Status of member Waltky

For any Mod who contacts him, see if you can help re-establish his account.
If he has access to the email account he used when he registered, he can click "Forgot your password?" under the box where you put your password in and it'll send him a reset link in email.

Just got off the phone with waltky. He can't get on USMB and may or may not start a new account. He is active on Facebook and is anxious to get messages from USMB friends. He is in a nursing home in Louisville, KY with physical and other problems.

For anyone interested, PM me and I will give you his Facebook name and/or his phone number. Whether contacting him by FB or phone, mention you are from USMB.

For any Mod who contacts him, see if you can help re-establish his account.
Thanks for letting us know WaltKY is okay and being cared for well. :thup:

Just talked to waltky on the phone. He's OK but he had a triple bypass after he stopped posting in March 2020. He doesn't remember his password so he may or may not start over with USMB. Lately he is busy on Facebook. He's 68 and in the early stage of dementia. If anyone wants to call him on the phone, he would be glad to hear from you. Anyone wanting to contact him on FB or phone can PM me and I'll give you his name and phone number. Best time to call is around noon Eastern Time Zone.
Thanks, Hossfly. Please tell WaltKY, my favorite science contributor, as I recollect, that others like him came back from a sabbatical and forgot their password. One of the Mods told me she could help me get my Freedombecki name back, but by then, I already liked "beautress" that was the middle name of my Grandma's, by then. I think we'd all like WaltKY back, so have him tell a moderator what happened to him. When I was gone for quite a long time, I couldn't remember my password, and I also forgot where I put my years-old journal of 2011, which had my list of passwords in it. I'd been offline for what seemed to be a couple of years after my late husband passed away from dementia. When I got back, I looked up ways to avoid succumbing to the disease through diet. Even though I'd taken a course in nutrition and passed with flying colors and a respect for the science background that was developing, I was majoring in something else and never dreamed you could cure human illness through a learned approach to what you eat. The best thing you could do would be to avoid ALL SUGAR, all sugar SUBSTITUTES that are not from nature not to mention edible glutenacious foods that go after the pancreas, liver, brain, and organs with a selected onus. Back when, they weren't teaching the specifics of medicinal properties in basic nutrition classes, so I have to live with the loss of the best friend I ever had, my husband, as he lost one faculty after another and gained half his weight again the last two years of his life when I didn't know how heinous Sugar, sugared sodas, substitute sugars, and glutenacious flours could convert to sugar shortly after reaching the saliva/stomach processes. My heart remains a little sad that I didn't pursue the science of nutrition to this day, almost 7 years after my husband and best friend passed away. After dementia goes unchecked, people lose their balance and start falling star phase, loss of GI tract control, and a deep sense of helplessness that makes their memories of all the good they did in their lifetime fall behind an invisible wall, and remembering what he was going to say a day or two later. His life was so purposely devoted to total integrity and service, so much so that he was broken-hearted about the life he lived but couldn't recall. I recalled, wrote down the good his life was about serving other people and making everybody laugh and be merry as he saved lives and never bragged about it as a devoted Christian. He never talked about religion or the bible, but he was faithful in his attendance to services and taking a responsible part in recording session minutes accurately and responsibly and leading the family meals with a short prayer. I took my notes to the pastor on the day of the funeral, which was a shock and joy to members of the congregation, because he never bragged about the good things he did on the job to save lives of the men 30 feet up on high voltage wires gone wrong, frequently in gale winds in minus forty degree winters where survival is as important as making sure the local hospital doesn't lose power, which kills people on healing life support, and survival-trained servicemen upon a pole in very chilled weather following or during a terrible loss of power in dangerous weather conditions to repairman 30 feet up. He taught them infallible steps to survive electrocution in the worst of working situations. Because of his vigilance as a professional electrical engineer, he led the 7-state power company with no lost-time accidents and no fatalities for 25 years he was in charge of engineering in the windiest, coldest place in America--Wyoming. Scuse me for getting off the subject, but tell WaltKY to cut sugar 100%, to heal and stop his withering issues and regain his control over his mind. Let him know we all think of him as one of the best, and we're praying for him. If he does his part nutritionally, we'll get him back. Thanks for being his friend, Hossfly. Many Thanks!

Hope he gets well.

I've already outlived almost all of my childhood and high school friends and I'm not that old. A hard partying lot, and I'm surpirsed I made it this long myself, but I gave up the booze completely in my 30's, and they kept going. 63-64 is the age most of them kicked off, others went as early as 35. I consider my last 10 years as freebies.

No offense but are there members of the forum who care so deeply about other members that they keep track of their lives? Are there certain cabals of membership that submit posts as a unit to reinforce an otherwise lame opinion? That's not what a discussion board is about in my opinion.

No offense but are there members of the forum who care so deeply about other members that they keep track of their lives? Are there certain cabals of membership that submit posts as a unit to reinforce an otherwise lame opinion? That's not what a discussion board is about in my opinion.
Check out the OPs in announcements and Feedback about Dale Smith and Waltky. Those are my OPs and I know each guy personally. Both gave me permission to post their conditions and to have their online friends to call or E-mail them. That is an appropriate forum for that action.

Check out the OPs in announcements and Feedback about Dale Smith and Waltky. Those are my OPs and I know each guy personally. Both gave me permission to post their conditions and to have their online friends to call or E-mail them. That is an appropriate forum for that action.

Thank you for doing that.

I have no idea what you think a discussion board should be about. But if making friends is somehow wrong, you have the wrong idea.

I have no idea what you think a discussion board should be about. But if making friends is somehow wrong, you have the wrong idea.
Yeah, the guy (Whitehall) wrote: "No offense but are there members of the forum who care so deeply about other members that they keep track of their lives? Are there certain cabals of membership that submit posts as a unit to reinforce an otherwise lame opinion? That's not what a discussion board is about in my opinion. " Not exactly sure what Whitehall meant but, I think most humans who share their thoughts on a discussion board, kind of get to know the participants. We are, on the surface, anonymous, disembodied, consciousnesses offering just our ids to this confederation of political junkies, each with their own individual take on a myriad of subjects. Waltky is one of those who, IMO, has always had a very unique style. No so much a friend but, as a respected colleague with a good wit.

Last edited:
This is not the first time you have made remarks like this and well people react as they want and there are members here who have passed away and I miss them, Tilly, Tiny Dancer, Kat and Ridgerunner.

Forum List

Back