Students Told to Stop ‘USA!’ Chant, Take Off American Flag Bandanas

Robodoon

Jan 18, 2012
Four California high-school students were reportedly suspended for chanting “U.S.A! U.S.A!” and wearing American flag bandanas during a basketball game. While their punishment has since been rescinded, school administrators said “the incident is far from over.”

Oxnard Union School District superintendent Gabe Soumakian told Fox News Radio that “we need to pursue this further” and “work with teachers and students and the community about the concept of cultural proficiency.” Soumakian and Camarillo High School principal Glenn Lipman felt that the students’ actions might have had racist undertones since the schools have large Hispanic student populations.

Continued : Students Told to Stop ?USA!? Chant, Take Off American Flag Bandanas - By Andrew Johnson - The Corner - National Review Online

Comment: So Hispanics aren't Americans and are insulted by cheers for their country?
OR
Being happy about being an American of the US...means your a racist?

Double speak?

I think we are too deep in PC BS, which was designed to break national ties...and more...

it was obvious to everyone there they did it will the implication the other team, who was mostly Hispanic, aren't real Americans.

Well, if they were mostly Hispanic, they probably AREN'T real Americans!!

Why can't they go back home and play for some Mexican high school?

This is an invasion. Like the Saxons and Danes invading England and taking over. Like the Visigoths invading Italy and Rome and taking over. Major cultural change, and NOT for the better.

Mexico is full of corruption and murdering by drug gangs. I question that bringing all this North will better our culture. Adding bad to good just darkens good.

According to the school, they don't normally chant USA, and they were bombarded with phone calls from people who attended the game, because it was obvious to everyone there they did it will the implication the other team, who was mostly Hispanic, aren't real Americans.

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/school-says-“usa-usa”-chant-is-racist.html

How stupid, they were Hispanic Americans weren't they? Sounds like the fucking school Pushing PCness to far, again.

Yeah, because being Hispanic means someone can't also be American :rolleyes:

Ok, explain to me, if they view themselves as Americans, why the chant would bother them? I mean really if you view yourself as an American and not say a Mexican, how does chanting USA bother you?

I would advice the school to tell those complaining to check out what COUNTRY they live in.

Four California high-school students were reportedly suspended for chanting “U.S.A! U.S.A!” and wearing American flag bandanas during a basketball game. While their punishment has since been rescinded, school administrators said “the incident is far from over.”

Oxnard Union School District superintendent Gabe Soumakian told Fox News Radio that “we need to pursue this further” and “work with teachers and students and the community about the concept of cultural proficiency.” Soumakian and Camarillo High School principal Glenn Lipman felt that the students’ actions might have had racist undertones since the schools have large Hispanic student populations.

Continued : Students Told to Stop ?USA!? Chant, Take Off American Flag Bandanas - By Andrew Johnson - The Corner - National Review Online

Comment: So Hispanics aren't Americans and are insulted by cheers for their country?
OR
Being happy about being an American of the US...means your a racist?

Double speak?

I think we are too deep in PC BS, which was designed to break national ties...and more...

Exactly what I was thinking reading the article..What racial undertones?

According to the school, they don't normally chant USA, and they were bombarded with phone calls from people who attended the game, because it was obvious to everyone there they did it will the implication the other team, who was mostly Hispanic, aren't real Americans.

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/school-says-“usa-usa”-chant-is-racist.html

How stupid, they were Hispanic Americans weren't they? Sounds like the fucking school Pushing PCness to far, again.

Of course they were.... you see... they wanted to hear Mexico! Mexico!

USA, USA didn't go down well with them ...

Total madness I'd say ...but this are the sad times America is in, and it is only getting worse with this Administration :rolleyes:

Ok, explain to me, if they view themselves as Americans, why the chant would bother them? I mean really if you view yourself as an American and not say a Mexican, how does chanting USA bother you?

I would advice the school to tell those complaining to check out what COUNTRY they live in.

The chant was used to imply they weren't americans. That's what they and apparently plently of people who attended the game, saw it as.

The chant was used to imply they weren't americans. That's what they and apparently plently of people who attended the game, saw it as.

Once again I REPEAT, if the "Hispanics" considered themselves Americans why would a chant of USA bother them in ANY case? Further you are stating as the press has it was an opinion not a fact. It is simple, if the "Hispanics" in question actually believed they were Americans they would not be bothered by someone chanting USA. Pretty simple concept, even a 5 year old can grasp it.

Once again I REPEAT, if the "Hispanics" considered themselves Americans why would a chant of USA bother them in ANY case? Further you are stating as the press has it was an opinion not a fact. It is simple, if the "Hispanics" in question actually believed they were Americans they would not be bothered by someone chanting USA. Pretty simple concept, even a 5 year old can grasp it.

Doesn't make a hill of beans of difference. The students are sub-adults attending an extracurricular event. The students don't have adult rights.

If school officials determined their students were disruptive and needed discipline then the students did.

Students don't have adult rights.

BTW..you guys missed the strawberry sign referenced in my link.

Regards from Rosie

Forum List

Back