Students Told to Stop ‘USA!’ Chant, Take Off American Flag Bandanas

Sure, there is no problem with that. Just respect my right not to. I'll remove a hat in respect but I don't stand unless I already am.

I don't fly a flag. If Iranian dictators can force crowds into their streets to burn US flags, no one can tell me I cannot burn one in protest on my US street.

Do you notice that, for example, Pakistani protesters draw the flag on strips from sheets? They are too impoverished to buy a real one just to burn it.

Regards from Rosie

I certainly do respect your right(s)--regarding the flag or anything else.

Maybe I haven't read your posts correctly---highly possible. You have mentioned patriotism several times.

At times my life is very challenging--and no, I haven't paid much attention to the Pakistani protestors.

Thanks!

My posts have been protesting enforced patriotism, one size fits all patriotism. That is patriotic PCness.

I'm physically challenged. I hope our challenges lessen.

If you see it on the news, look to see if it is a flag or bedsheet burning. With Iran it is usually a real one provided by the regime.

Regards from Rosie

I understand. Sometimes I make my life more challenging than it needs to be--even trying to read these threads I get overwhelmed in all the opinions.

enforced patriotism-PCness--not my cup of tea. It does seem like we are guests at the Mad Hatter's Tea Party, if you are familiar with Alice in Wonderland. :)

I certainly do respect your right(s)--regarding the flag or anything else.

Maybe I haven't read your posts correctly---highly possible. You have mentioned patriotism several times.

At times my life is very challenging--and no, I haven't paid much attention to the Pakistani protestors.

Thanks!

My posts have been protesting enforced patriotism, one size fits all patriotism. That is patriotic PCness.

I'm physically challenged. I hope our challenges lessen.

If you see it on the news, look to see if it is a flag or bedsheet burning. With Iran it is usually a real one provided by the regime.

Regards from Rosie

I understand. Sometimes I make my life more challenging than it needs to be--even trying to read these threads I get overwhelmed in all the opinions.

enforced patriotism-PCness--not my cup of tea. It does seem like we are guests at the Mad Hatter's Tea Party, if you are familiar with Alice in Wonderland. :)

Indeed. I loved the Johnny Depp version but I loved the Cheshire cat in that movie more. I want one!

Try not to let yourself feel pressured. There is no quota to get thru. Ultimately they are photons on a screen which will have left your memory in a month.

I'll stop. I am sounding too much like quitting smoking support Rosie.

Take it easy, sweetie!

Regards from Rosie

The chant was used to imply they weren't americans. That's what they and apparently plently of people who attended the game, saw it as.

Once again I REPEAT, if the "Hispanics" considered themselves Americans why would a chant of USA bother them in ANY case? Further you are stating as the press has it was an opinion not a fact. It is simple, if the "Hispanics" in question actually believed they were Americans they would not be bothered by someone chanting USA. Pretty simple concept, even a 5 year old can grasp it.
Because it isn't the Hispanic's interpretation in question here.

Sure it is. Who dimed the students?

What kind of idiots are staffing public education today is the real question.

Last edited:
So now the word USA provokes a violent reaction in some ???

Who knew

There is a history of using that chant regarding race. This is not an isolated instance, "a Texas high school apologized for some of its students chanting "USA! USA!" after its basketball team beat a rival school in a state playoff game in San Antonio, Texas on Saturday.

Some saw it as a racist insult since the players from the victorious Alamo Heights High School team are mostly white while those from Edison High roster are predominantly Hispanic, according to MSNBC.com."

Texas HS apologizes for students chanting 'USA!'

I am not supporting this action, just discussing it. I grew up in NYC where people were micks, spics, wops etc etc if a person could not take it, they simply could never survive the neighborhood.

Oh there is no doubt that it had to do with racism. But when an ethnic group comes to your country and basically says fuck you America it tends to breed this sort of stuff.
People are fed up with it.
I know I am.

Who knew

There is a history of using that chant regarding race. This is not an isolated instance, "a Texas high school apologized for some of its students chanting "USA! USA!" after its basketball team beat a rival school in a state playoff game in San Antonio, Texas on Saturday.

Some saw it as a racist insult since the players from the victorious Alamo Heights High School team are mostly white while those from Edison High roster are predominantly Hispanic, according to MSNBC.com."

I am not supporting this action, just discussing it. I grew up in NYC where people were micks, spics, wops etc etc if a person could not take it, they simply could never survive the neighborhood.

Oh there is no doubt that it had to do with racism. But when an ethnic group comes to your country and basically says fuck you America it tends to breed this sort of stuff.
I know I am.

Wow.

I live in San Antonio, a city that's nearly 70% Hispanic, and I don't feel like they've said "fuck you, America."

I know I am.

Wow.

I live in San Antonio, a city that's nearly 70% Hispanic, and I don't feel like they've said "fuck you, America."

Yeah....I live in Katy/Houston. And you see it all the time. Maybe if you left your white enclave and maybe wander around the barrio a little you would see it more.
And I'm very familiar with S.A. Have they cleaned up the gang problem on the river walk yet?

Wait...you're not hispanic by any chance are you.

Last edited:
I know I am.

Wow.

Yeah....I live in Katy/Houston. And you see it all the time. Maybe if you left your white enclave and maybe wander around the barrio a little you would see it more.
And I'm very familiar with S.A. Have they cleaned up the gang problem on the river walk yet?

You know, assuming this much about someone you never met is not a wise idea.

Wow.

You know, assuming this much about someone you never met is not a wise idea.

So you're hispanic?

Who knew

Oh there is no doubt that it had to do with racism. But when an ethnic group comes to your country and basically says fuck you America it tends to breed this sort of stuff...

Who has said that?

Forum List

Back