Students Told to Stop ‘USA!’ Chant, Take Off American Flag Bandanas

Four California high-school students were reportedly suspended for chanting “U.S.A! U.S.A!” and wearing American flag bandanas during a basketball game. While their punishment has since been rescinded, school administrators said “the incident is far from over.”

Oxnard Union School District superintendent Gabe Soumakian told Fox News Radio that “we need to pursue this further” and “work with teachers and students and the community about the concept of cultural proficiency.” Soumakian and Camarillo High School principal Glenn Lipman felt that the students’ actions might have had racist undertones since the schools have large Hispanic student populations.

Continued : Students Told to Stop ?USA!? Chant, Take Off American Flag Bandanas - By Andrew Johnson - The Corner - National Review Online

Comment: So Hispanics aren't Americans and are insulted by cheers for their country?
OR
Being happy about being an American of the US...means your a racist?

Double speak?

I think we are too deep in PC BS, which was designed to break national ties...and more...
It is Calf , what do you expect. Just hand that state over to Mexico. it is a wasted state anyway

yet even with all the problems this State has it still dwarfs your States Economy......so what State is a nothing State again?.....

Four California high-school students were reportedly suspended for chanting “U.S.A! U.S.A!” and wearing American flag bandanas during a basketball game. While their punishment has since been rescinded, school administrators said “the incident is far from over.”

Oxnard Union School District superintendent Gabe Soumakian told Fox News Radio that “we need to pursue this further” and “work with teachers and students and the community about the concept of cultural proficiency.” Soumakian and Camarillo High School principal Glenn Lipman felt that the students’ actions might have had racist undertones since the schools have large Hispanic student populations.

Continued : Students Told to Stop ?USA!? Chant, Take Off American Flag Bandanas - By Andrew Johnson - The Corner - National Review Online

Comment: So Hispanics aren't Americans and are insulted by cheers for their country?
OR
Being happy about being an American of the US...means your a racist?

Double speak?

I think we are too deep in PC BS, which was designed to break national ties...and more...

This has happened before, a home crowd was cheering USA against a mostly Hispanic basketball team and the school was reprimanded for being racist. Chanting USA is racist now? what the fuck is this?

mexicans don't consider themselves Americans even if they have been born here. Unless is getting some benefit they are mexicans.

mexicans don't consider themselves Americans even if they have been born here. Unless is getting some benefit they are mexicans.

I can't say thats true for all of them, I served along quite a few Mexicans who got naturalized in the Military and were very proud to be Americans.

I can't say thats true for all of them, I served along quite a few Mexicans who got naturalized in the Military and were very proud to be Americans.

All of them are proud to be Americans, until they need to display their loyalty to mexico.

All of them are proud to be Americans, until they need to display their loyalty to mexico.
This is just ignorant racist bullshit. "All" you say? Show the proof.

According to the school, they don't normally chant USA, and they were bombarded with phone calls from people who attended the game, because it was obvious to everyone there they did it will the implication the other team, who was mostly Hispanic, aren't real Americans.

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/school-says-“usa-usa”-chant-is-racist.html

Thanks AmyNation for the real story.

actually close to 40% of the school is non hispanic so I find that statement to be rather odd. And around 42% of Camarillo is non white.
This was the actual statement made by the principal -
“We wanted to make sure [their actions weren't] racially motivated, and I told the kids I just want to be sensitive to the feelings of everybody,” Lipman said. “If we’re doing it for patriotism, that’s fine. But if we’re doing it for something else that’s racially motivated, I’m not going to allow that.”

Students Told to Stop ?USA!? Chant, Take Off American Flag Bandanas - By Andrew Johnson - The Corner - National Review Online

Seems rather presumptious to me. As from that statement it appears he assumed rather than knew it was.

This is an invasion. Like the Saxons and Danes invading England and taking over. Like the Visigoths invading Italy and Rome and taking over. Major cultural change, and NOT for the better.

Mexico is full of corruption and murdering by drug gangs. I question that bringing all this North will better our culture. Adding bad to good just darkens good.

Idiot. The Mexicans ARE the natives, just like the native Americans are farther north. The whites are the invaders.

Serving in the US military is displaying their loyalty to the US. In fact it's displaying it more than white folks who don't serve.

Thus this racist BS falls flat.

Serving in the US military is displaying their loyalty to the US. In fact it's displaying it more than white folks who don't serve.

People serve in the military for all kinds of reasons, some of which have nothing to do with patriotism. If patriotism was required there would be no such thing as mercenaries would there? Take a look at the increased gang activity in the military.

Gang Activity in the U.S. Military

US military personnel have used their positions to smuggle drugs and weapons. They get training which they use to train the homies when they come back.

They might join the military for personal reasons. Hassan Nidal joined the military and became a Major. He got his education paid for.

Patriotism is last on the list of reasons to join the military.

Not familiar with our military naturalization programs for Mexicans or any others. How do they work? Be interesting and maybe controversial to boot.

People serve in the military for all kinds of reasons, some of which have nothing to do with patriotism. If patriotism was required there would be no such thing as mercenaries would there? Take a look at the increased gang activity in the military.

Gang Activity in the U.S. Military

US military personnel have used their positions to smuggle drugs and weapons. They get training which they use to train the homies when they come back.

They might join the military for personal reasons. Hassan Nidal joined the military and became a Major. He got his education paid for.

Patriotism is last on the list of reasons to join the military.

OK, so people you don't like, who are serving in the military, do it for the 'wrong' reasons.

My, that's convenient.

Not familiar with our military naturalization programs for Mexicans or any others. How do they work? Be interesting and maybe controversial to boot.

The naturalization process for military members is streamlined and much quicker than that of other immigrants.

for a person who says they live here,......you sure as hell dont know many Mexicans do ya?....

like i said above.....

This is just ignorant racist bullshit. "All" you say? Show the proof.

she cant and she wont......many of the American Mexicans i am around have a harsher view of Illegals than most non-Mexican citizens.....more unsubstantiated bullshit by Katz......and she is "supposed" to live here.....

Forum List

Back