Study: Churchgoers Less Likely to Commit Crime

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
[Torn whether to post this in Religion or Law so posted it here instead]

CBNNews.com, Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A new study suggests that attending church cuts down on crime.

Researchers at Manchester University discovered that people who attend church on a regular basis are less likely to commit crimes.

Okay, so it's in Great Britain. But why doesn't it correlate with the USA? Anyhow, atheists and leftists will rant and rave that it's flawed and unreliable. But, check out the short piece @ Study: Churchgoers Less Likely to Commit Crime - World - CBN News - Christian News 24-7 - CBN.com

I can't speak for everyone, but as a churchgoer myself, I have faith in God. Having faith in God, implies that I need to follow his teachings and not get involved in crime.

For many young ones, especially teenagers, attending church no doubt keeps them out of trouble. Having faith in God for many of these youngsters also translates to having faith in themselves, which ultimately results in staying out of trouble.

I can't speak for everyone, but as a churchgoer myself, I have faith in God. Having faith in God, implies that I need to follow his teachings and not get involved in crime.

For many young ones, especially teenagers, attending church no doubt keeps them out of trouble. Having faith in God for many of these youngsters also translates to having faith in themselves, which ultimately results in staying out of trouble.

I've never seen statistics and doubt they're available, but I wonder what the percentage of active LDS members is.

[That should drive certain posters here up the wall] :eusa_whistle:

As a churchgoer, I don't rob banks because then I would have to confess that I rob banks before the congregation, and that makes church picnics kind of awkward.

Everybody starts hitting me up for cash and stuff, and the reverend breaks out into a sermon about tithing ten percent. It's really annoying.

So I just don't bother robbing banks. Life is a lot easier that way.

Our church installed cameras because they invited so much of the community in. Someone stole a couple of cars.
Handbags were stolen.
Part of the audio system was stolen.

One of the person(s) were caught.

Our church installed cameras because they invited so much of the community in. Someone stole a couple of cars.
Handbags were stolen.

Those thieves are going to hell. Fer sure. You can't get away with stealing in God's house!

They better get used to seeing this face: :evil:

Handbags were stolen.

I pray y'all find the rest if there was more than one person. :) :) :)

God bless you and your church always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

I would exchange 'violent crime' for' Crime't in Churchgoers Less Likely to Commit Crime

Why is that obvious? I read the post, and essentially told you the impending reality in the past tense format. I'm sorry that you're unfamiliar with nuance; or rather that you would like engage in immature refutations.

And just to get ahead of your inevitable 'well you still replied to me' comeback; well ignored means that you're on my ignore list. It doesn't mean I don't have the option to read any post I damn well want. And since we're talking here, then that is the choice that I made in this instance. However, the ignore option also let's me know for future reference that you are nothing but a childish time-waster who cannot handle real debate. So, I can skip past your sad posts in general.

Good Day.

Gee, I wonder why churches have padlocks on their poor boxes!

This pathetic attack of religion doesn't refute the study's findings.

Grammar is our friend. You'd replace 'crime' with 'violent crime.' The word being replaced should be mentioned first.

Furthermore, replacing it seems to only reflect your bias against religion; rather than to clarify any sort of reality.

[Torn whether to post this in Religion or Law so posted it here instead]

CBNNews.com, Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A new study suggests that attending church cuts down on crime.

Researchers at Manchester University discovered that people who attend church on a regular basis are less likely to commit crimes.

Okay, so it's in Great Britain. But why doesn't it correlate with the USA? Anyhow, atheists and leftists will rant and rave that it's flawed and unreliable. But, check out the short piece @ Study: Churchgoers Less Likely to Commit Crime - World - CBN News - Christian News 24-7 - CBN.com

This should surprise no one.

Great thread topic.

But you won't.

Well, given that I have dozens of posters on my ignore list, and I ignore the majority of each one of their posts, then I am reasonably sure that you won't be the exception. Especially, since you're posts are very lacking in a myriad of ways. And just to sharpen the point, there are posters on my ignore list who are much more compelling than you are. So, rest assured, you are likely to generally be ignored.

Forum List

Back