Supermarket memories and the coming election.

Raynine

Gold Member
Oct 28, 2023
A while back I ran into someone from the past in the supermarket. He recognized me and reminded me of an incident that took place on a snowy winter night 54 years ago. I had completely forgotten about the event until this person brought it up. PTSD maybe? Anyway, the recollection came clear like a repressed memory only without the bill from a therapist.

A bunch of my friends and I were exiting a packed pizza place on the city's Main Street late at night in 1970. It was a popular hangout for the young back then. Just as we came through the door an object with considerable hum on it went by my ear and hit my eight-month pregnant wife right between the eyes. It was a packed, hard snowball! She teard up and cried and I saw red! I did not see who threw the projectile so I asked the crowd.

That guy over there! They pointed to someone about 50 yards away that I did not recognize. I did not hesitate. I made a beeline for the culprit, grabbed him, and bodyslammed him into a snowbank. I then proceeded to put a whoopin on him but was interrupted by a gorilla that grabbed me from the back. Lucky for me a friend who was a bear grabbed the gorilla and a short donnybrook ensued until the gorilla yelled: don't hit me, Im a priest! Sure enough, the gorilla was wearing a collar! Jesus Christ! No pun intended. You could not make this stuff up and I am not. It is a true story.

The situation resolved itself and apologies were delivered to my pregnant wife but I do not regret the whoopin. You know, maybe things would have been different if I had been full of Great-Society ADHD drugs like today's young men. Will these young, testosterone-depleted, beta-male, momma's boys vote for Kamala Harris? I hope not.

Last edited:
Are you certain that the person pointed out to you was the snowball thrower?

I've seen some pretty violent episodes where a person was falsely accused.

A while back I ran into someone from the past in the supermarket. He recognized me and reminded me of an incident that took place on a snowy winter night 54 years ago. I had completely forgotten about the event until this person brought it up. PTSD maybe? Anyway, the recollection came clear like a repressed memory only without the bill from a therapist.

A bunch of my friends and I were exiting a packed pizza place on the city's Main Street late at night in 1970. It was a popular hangout for the young back then. Just as we came through the door an object with considerable hum on it went by my ear and hit my eight-month pregnant wife right between the eyes. It was a packed, hard snowball! She teard up and cried and I saw red! I did not see who threw the projectile so I asked the crowd.

That guy over there! They pointed to someone about 50 yards away that I did not recognize. I did not hesitate. I made a beeline for the culprit, grabbed him, and bodyslammed him into a snowbank. I then proceeded to put a whoopin on him but was interrupted by a gorilla that grabbed me from the back. Lucky for me a friend who was a bear grabbed the gorilla and a short donnybrook ensued until the gorilla yelled: don't hit me, Im a priest! Sure enough, the gorilla was wearing a collar! Jesus Christ! No pun intended. You could not make this stuff up and I am not. It is a true story.

The situation resolved itself and apologies were delivered to my pregnant wife but I do not regret the whoopin. You know, maybe things would have been different if I had been full of Great-Society ADHD drugs like today's young men. Will these young, testosterone-depleted, beta-male, momma's boys vote for Kamala Harris? I hope not.
Thank you for digressing, fucking old people.

Are you certain that the person pointed out to you was the snowball thrower?

I've seen some pretty violent episodes where a person was falsely accused.
I asked who threw it, and he said he did. He launched it into a crowd like a Randy Johnson fastball! He apologized to my wife.

Thank you for digressing, fucking old people.
You wouldn't know I was old if I did not tell you. You are focusing on something about me and branding me into a group. How long do you think this strategy will endure? I think it might be coming to an end soon.

Forum List

Back