Survivor. Are you watching?

I just watched Brandons interview. I feel sorry for him. Tough life. I've been there. No supporting family without the million dollars.

You know the whole game I thought Brandon was either a phony or just kind of cuckoo. After seeing him on the finale? Brandon's face said it all. He's trying to break from his white-trash relatives and they don't like it. When Brandon decided that the money wasn't as important as changing/finding/improving himself his family bailed. No one even bother to come to the finale. Except the douche. Did you hear Russell? Never have I seen a more arrogant jackass in my life.

Last edited:
Well, after sleeping on it I'm still not feeling much satisfaction in the outcome, but oh well. Good for Sophie. At least she wasn't the worst of the worst and she did earn her spot in the finals by being so very good on the challenges. In the end, I guess I was pulling for Ozzy and feel bad he didn't make the final three. But he did get the fan vote and that was good. And my boy Cochrane came in second in the fan vote so I feel somewhat vindicated thinking he was one of the more interesting characters this season.

I thought Russell was a jerk and I felt a little bad for Brandon that he got no support from his family, but he really didn't do himself any favors by constantly saying he was 'restoring' the Hantz name. Each time I thought that was a slap in the face to the family. Russell was his usual unpleasant but oddly compelling self, and I can't really blame him for not appreciating Brandon's remarks all season but he didn't have to be so adament about it at the reunion.

Well I'm thinking we will all be back in February for the new episode. The previews didn't encourage me a whole lot but we'll see how it goes.

Last edited:
The use of the word "Americans" in the preview of the new season, along with the title "one world" made it sound like it could be an international cast.

Of course the "one world" could just be a reference to them living on the same island. But I suspect it's something else.

That could change the group and audience dynamics significantly.

Of all the winners from previous seasons this one ranks as one of the most undeserving.

As far as bringing back previous players I don't mind. It's just funny to see the noobs are so stupid that they never vote them out.

Well, Russell on last season disagree's with you. :)

I tell ya, i watch survivor for enjoyment. Not social commentary.

I see this one world thing as a pitting of the haves and the have not's. Will the winners of the challenge share their prize with the ones who didn't win?

I see this one world thing as a pitting of the haves and the have not's. Will the winners of the challenge share their prize with the ones who didn't win?

If there are people from multiple countries I see a lot of potential for the producers to set up situations where people are walking on geopolitical eggshells, and that would be a downer too.

Probably not. Survivor style is to force the have-nots to watch. Could make for some interesting "commerce", though.

put them in the damned cold and then we have a new game!

LOL - in the first moment after Probst started his announcement of the new season, I halfway thought it was going to be in Antarctica. Where did that idea come from?

Was it a joke circulating somewhere?

The idea has been around for years. Main problem: No bathing suits

I agree. Some of the interpersonal stuff is interesting but after watching a few seasons of Survivor there is no way in hell I would trust or believe anything anybody said to me. I would look to join the group in which each person had the most self interest to keep the group intact as long as possible.

I've always wondered if I had it in me to sit there eating something really yummy in front of others knowing they were really hungry? I don't know.

But I do know that I don't want moral judgment or social commentary from a show I watch purely for the entertainment value. If that is where this is headed, I will be very disappointment.

The show is an interesting microcosm of human nature which I've found riveting at times and redundantly boring at others... Syrenn, I got the same impression from the intro about the next season pitting the "haves" against the "have nots" living in the same camp while competing with each other and figured their highlight of "Americans" was probably the producers way of taking a backhanded jab at Americans since it sounds like it's not going to be pretty when one team wins and chooses not to share their food rations, etc...We shall see, but that is the impression I get. They probably want to show some of the ugliest parts of human nature while reminding everyone these are average Americans.........

Last edited:

The show is an interesting microcosm of human nature which I've found riveting at times and redundantly boring at others... Syrenn, I got the same impression from the intro about the next season pitting the "haves" against the "have nots" living in the same camp while competing with each other and figured their highlight of "Americans" was probably the producers way of taking a backhanded jab at Americans since it sounds like it's not going to be pretty when one team wins and chooses not to share their food rations, etc...We shall see, but that is the impression I get. They probably want to show some of the ugliest parts of human nature while reminding everyone these are average Americans.........

It's also substantially edited for our viewing pleasure. ;)

I agree.... The survivor take on the 1% vs the ows.

A new format I'd like to see is where all the contestants are accepted as pairs, but each goes on a different tribe. Do you reveal who your counterpart is on the other tribe? What happens after the merge, when personal and tribal loyalties conflict? That's the one I want to see.

Okay Survivor fans, did you watch the "One World" opener last night?

No returning 'also rans'.

No redemption island.

But the two tribes living side by side do provide a different dynamic. Not sure if I like that or not.

But I'm watching.

No redemption island.

But the two tribes living side by side do provide a different dynamic. Not sure if I like that or not.

But I'm watching.

:lmao:

game was on from the second the guy stole the ax.

No redemption island.

But I'm watching.

Yep. Already have two people I can't stand. The control freak woman that attacked the oriental girl during tribal counsel. And the lazy do nothing queer.

Forum List

Back